Starcrack OPEN SOURCE SVN: Launcher and EMU

Started by usmc23, March 20, 2010, 12:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacroidd

OMG, beautiful, seriously. I thought it was going to be more hard to emulate than what I expected. Keep the good work! :thumbsup: :jig:  Let's see when you make gameplay work ^_^

IIITheCoNkErIII

nice job there, reminds me when lazy launch came out on the afternoon that day  :jig:

looks like here comes the Easter Eggs lol  :thumbsup:

peace

Bobbias

Wow, this is easily some of the fastest production I've ever seen done on a server emulator. Of course, getting this stuff working isn't much compared to dealing with unit movement, synchronization, etc. etc. etc., but I recall reading somewhere that SC2's games are actually peer to peer... Is that true, or does it still centralize everything on the b.net server? I would think that with small games like this, where you don't have that many people in a single game, peer to peer would work rather well, and cut down some latency by removing the transit between a centralized server, once the game in working. And since it's small amounts of players, it's not that hard to synchronize things on a client, rather than requiring a central server like WoW.

Anyway, I'm damn impressed with your work. I'd help out if I could, but getting into a project like this at a stage where it's developing so quickly, and I know nothing at all about how the connections work or anything, I'd probably be so swamped trying to learn things that I'd never end up being of any help, lol. Not to mention that I'm not a very good programmer as it stands. Still, I should be able to help track down any bugs that show up once the code base is a bit more stable (I should be competant at that at least, lol) since the code is open.

seevik

can anybody help with this ?

if i type password:  starcrack    then tell me bad server ..
if i type another password then tell me failed login

chemexbrew

I've been lurking for awhile but I just had to say thanks for all the hard work everyone has put into this! Incredible progress, gg
chemex brew

mikezter

Hi there,
i just started watching the SVN and build the Emu. Great work, thank you guys! I subscribed the changelog in my newsreader. Would you please be so kind and include a short log message so one can easier understand what goal specific code changes were meant to achieve?

As for the reported Problems, i think this was expected behaviour then:

Quote from: seevik
if i type password:  starcrack    then tell me bad server ..
if i type another password then tell me failed login

Quote from: MadSheep
it is still in development the files in the SVN is outdated

There were many commits since then. I just updated my working copy and will give them a try. What about a GitHub Mirror for the repo?

Regards,
Mike

Bobbias

Quote from: mario6714 on April 01, 2010, 10:19:05 PM
how use??

Don't bother trying. You can't play games yet. This is for computer programmers.

gametryer

@usmc, what version of VS did you use to build the Emu, I'm having problems with the function parameters being pre-defined/optional?  VS 2008 doesn't like that, I've got .net framework 4.0 just having this tiny setback

edit: NVM found out what version i need.

Dystino

In the emulator, when u quick search for matches will we be able to play against everyone that got SC2 or just those who got the emulator? And will we be able to have groups to search games with?  :)
And a very nice job you guys have done here  :) All this effort and hard work for free, all u get is respect and dignity.  ;)

masky007

great!!!

i just.. mmm there is still alot of work to be done GL

mikezter

Quote from: gametryer on April 03, 2010, 01:57:01 AM
@usmc, what version of VS did you use to build the Emu, I'm having problems with the function parameters being pre-defined/optional?  VS 2008 doesn't like that, I've got .net framework 4.0 just having this tiny setback

edit: NVM found out what version i need.

You will need VS 2010. I could not convince VS 2008 to use .NET 4.0 (check witch csc inside VS 2008 console). One could work around the predefined parameters issue, however it will not build since System.Numerics is missing.

gametryer

i was able to get revision 92 working properly, and i must say outstanding work so far keep it up  :thumbsup: :cheers:

Dari

i downloaded rev92, started the server emu in vs2010 but i'm getting bad server.  I know i have to setup a network or vm with the right ips.

Is there a way around without setting up a network oder vm with bnet server logon ips?

Dari