Wings of Liberty plot line

Started by ajax, March 20, 2010, 08:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajax

Hey everyone, i absolutely loved the starcraft 1 plot and played the campaign countless times. I would like to know if anyone has any info on the starcraft 2 wings of liberty plot. What I know so far is that kerrigan is back and she wants something but besides that I don't have much info. Thanks.

Mr42

edit: whoa, the forum seems to automatically embed youtube videos, sorry if the post is too huge

there is not much known about sc2 plot besides the fact, that we will be   doing mercenary missions along with Jim, Matt and Tychus.

There are some youtube vids, though:
  Zeratul vs. Zerg (and our favourite Zerg...spawn): [HD] StarCraft 2 Zeratul/Kerrigan Intro Cinematic
  continued (bad quality):   Blizzcon 2009 Starcraft 2 Lore Panel Clip 4 of 4: Kerrigan V. Zeratul
  Jim meets Tychus (explains   some mercenary stuff): StarCraft II Bar Reunion BlizzCon 2008 HD
  Jim meets Zeratul (explains some xel'naga stuff): Starcraft II blizzcon 07 Storymode Walkthrough Zeratul (4/4)
  [what I think is] Jim reminiscing: Blizzcon 2009 Starcraft 2 Lore Panel Clip 3 of 4: Fall of Kerrigan
  no real lore (Kerrigan in SC2? SHOCKER!), but CGI goodness:   STARCRAFT 2 'Return of the Zerg' Cinematic HD (BlizzCon 08)

[speculation incoming]
  From what I've seen and read I would expect the main storyline to   revolve around something like
Quotezomg there be IMBA xel'naga tech taht pwns stuff, kills stuff and then teabags stuff, so now everyone in Korpulu and their dog wants it bad, so we must get it!!!1!one!one!!!eleven!!!111
And Jimmy being, well... Jim, will end up collecting just enough to cause some trouble before he realizes what it   is, then proceeding to team up with Zeratul and heroically save the world from impending doom. Yay, happy-end! or is it... http://www.giantbomb.com/starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm/61-24078/