Completely useless units

Started by ajax, March 20, 2010, 08:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingPolarBear

Quote from: MrMagoo22 on March 24, 2010, 06:39:50 PM
Do buildings count? Because if so I nominate the Terran Sensor Tower. I mean seriously, wtf? The enemy gets to see the circle of sight? What could they possibly been thinking when they included this thing?

Seconded.

It's more expensive than a missile turret, isn't a detector and has no attacks.

berrykerry789

o.0 sensor towers not a detector?
Carrier Has Arrived...

Rain[sun]

No. But sensor tower is amazing for proxy's, hidden expos, generally knowing where and how heavy you'll be hit from. Who cares if they see the circle? They'll likely try and kill it and then you know they're coming. Its cheap enough that it is definitely worth it. Not to mention the radius is HUGE, you can place them in arbitrary places for more warning.

I think they are pretty amazing to say the least
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Simon-T.

I have seen all units in replays and they were very useful!
[/color]
[/color]Infestor e.g. vs mass Marines
[/color]Thor -> good damage and great range
[/color]BC -> yamamoto canon rocks
[/color]Colossus not only vs t1 also e.g. roaches/hydraslik
[/color]and phoenix is good for e.g. harrasing
[/color]
[/color]Every unit is useful in some way!
limpbizkit.com - the real music source

totocows

I think the thor is used alot. In alot of videos i see it being used tons of times. I havent seen battlecruisers used at all, I never use battlecruisers. They get killed to easily and dont do enouph damage like in the last one. I like to use the infestors. There ability to produce terran marins and deal damage over an area is alot like the sci storm. They may be slow but the sure make a very good base deffender.I think that they should make a upgrade to make them walk faster on and off the creep. Im not really sure if the already  have this or not but if they then nvm.

Rain[sun]

I've yet to use a thor successfully, i dunno they get taken down so fast. I see the use for them but, the way i play my moneys better spent in many other ways. theyre just too big and not practical for me

berrykerry789

thors are good if they are placed in a semi circle with the enemy in the middle, if they are in a line, or at a choke point, only 1(max 3) thor(s) can fire at a time and get get owned by the other player...
Carrier Has Arrived...

Redneck

Quote from: ajax on March 20, 2010, 08:14:18 PM
Here are some useless or just god-afwul units so far in the starcraft 2 beta
Zerg
-infestor(way too slow to be of any use, never seen them in replays)

I think the infestors are useful, the parasite ability can be used to command thors, colossi  and things like that and, I'am not sure how many people know this but if you can get the parasite on a scv or probe you can build a whole base of that race and use their units against them!  :fight: 

Rain[sun]

Whoa, really? Mindcontrol a la SC2. Solid

Redneck