Simply unfair

Started by ajax, March 20, 2010, 08:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajax

In my opinion, these few things are just simply not fair:
-Ghost's EMP (HUGE range, knocks out shields, energy, and reveals cloaked units)
-Warp gate research time moved from 60 seconds to 140 seconds. In my opinion they should have just increased the cost to 150 minerals and 150 gas.
-Units being able to move while burrowed(I understand that this has to be researched but this is just unfair, especially coupled with the roaches high regeneration rate, and can only be countered effectively by base defenses
These are just a few things that grinded my gears, please post more BS things below

seed013

BS = me nor any of my friends getting beta keys :( <----- the worst part about starcraft i've found so far lol

thundahawk

The effects of Ghost EMP is no more ridic than templar Psi Storms on bio armies.  When you consider that templars are 150 gas and (after research) can be INSTANTLY spawned to any expo with a storm ready in addition to being able to feedback units (banshee/ghost/infestor/dropship/thor/BC) to death, it's not really so ridiculous.  Infestor's fungal growth is also a killer on bio armies.

Fact is, casters are extremely powerful like they were in SC1.

SupraDoom

Warp Gates are retardly good though so I'm not against it's nerf. From my impressions so far Protoss is easily the best. I think they have the best hard counters.

RagingPolarBear

Quote from: SupraDoom on March 21, 2010, 04:00:23 AM
Warp Gates are retardly good though so I'm not against it's nerf. From my impressions so far Protoss is easily the best. I think they have the best hard counters.

Not really. Toss really lacks a great ground to air attack, and while they're great at dispatching weenie hordes (storm, collossi, etc.), they just don't have much they can do against banshees if they don't have a stargate. Also protoss detection is the worst of the three races.

Also I feel like immortals are really overrated, it seems easy enough to micro against them such that your marines or other weenies can drop their shields and then blow them to hell.

And stalkers basically counter nothing, other than maybe hellions. Honestly it seems like almost everything in the game beats stalkers cost for cost.

Of course, protoss are crazy good at crushing ground forces. Beating air seems to be their main problem.

Regarding Ghosts: Honestly my biggest beef with them is that they're too similar looking to a marine. Making them really hard to pick out and target in a crowd. I hope they change the ghost model or add some kind of blue halo effect similar to the high templar.