Creating your own cutom loading screen?

Started by Zexon, March 21, 2010, 06:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexon

I love the loading screen in the launchers but i was wondering if you can create your own loading screen.  i think i found the file responsible with the loading screen: loading.dds but i have no idea how make my own. can anyone help? :whistle:

starscraft-2-fan

Quote from: Zexon on March 21, 2010, 06:13:25 AM
I love the loading screen in the launchers but i was wondering if you can create your own loading screen.  i think i found the file responsible with the loading screen: loading.dds but i have no idea how make my own. can anyone help? :whistle:
yes it is very simple just download a program called paint net that read that program reads DDS files so u can edit the loading screen with that then save save it and place it were the original file was

Zexon

Quote from: starscraft-2-fan on March 21, 2010, 08:32:45 PM
Quote from: Zexon on March 21, 2010, 06:13:25 AM
yes it is very simple just donwload a program called pain net that read that progrma reads DDS files so u can edit the loading screen with that then save save it and place it were the original file was

thanks very much, will tri that as soon as i have some spare time

Zeroseed

let me know if this works, it sounds pretty sweet. i was wondering the same thing a while back, but i never looked into it. i wonder if the editor will allow you to use custom loading screens too :D

Zexon

Quote from: Zeroseed on March 24, 2010, 01:57:13 PM
let me know if this works, it sounds pretty sweet. i was wondering the same thing a while back, but i never looked into it. i wonder if the editor will allow you to use custom loading screens too :D

yup it work, you can also use the dds plugin for photoshop. 100% working

Hero_Lief

All of them work.
If you actually have a  key, and aren't using a launcher, then this is what you do:

Save the file into the folder titled "C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Assets\Textures" (if the folder isn't there, make it), copy your file 14 times (so you now have 15 files) and name them:
loading-avernus.dds
loading-belshir.dds
loading-braxisalpha.dds
loading-korhal.dds
loading-marsara.dds
loading-monlyth.dds
loading-protoss.dds
loading-redstone.dds
loading-shakuras.dds
loading-spaceasteroids.dds
loading-terran.dds
loading-wingsofliberty.dds