Anyone elses SC2 freezing randomly, for about 7 seconds?

Started by Normalcy, March 21, 2010, 02:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starscraft-2-fan

i had the same problem but my brother told me a fix and it worked for  me and i have a nvidia graphics card if u have nvidia go to ur program files and find the nvidia folder and open it then click on display drivers and delete all of the drivers before the most updated one the problem is that the graphics cards r kinda dumb and try to use multiple versions of graphics drivers (this second part is optional ) go to nvidia.com and get the drivers 197.25 cause 197.13 is kinda messed up  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: tell me if this works out for u

flimflam

I just deleted my old nvidia drivers and installed the latest ones. .45 I tried to install the .25 ones but i couldnt find any for windows xp only vista. Thanks for the suggestion but as it stands ive tried everything but defragging my hd and im going to do that before I go to bed. I can play every game but sc2 and full graphics and a decent fps. I have a feeling this has to do with my single core. I have 2 gigs of ram so that should be plenty memory right? Almost every single game that has been released in the last year it seems like has had major problems with my single core. Any game with a bink video file straight crashes my pc.

flimflam

so last night i defragmented my hd. Exact same results, game is unplayable at high level. Micro is but impossible.
sigh. I know im not the only one with this problem please does anyone know if there is a fix? Not only does my game freeze and unfreeze about 15 times a match, it also runs choppy, even with the graphics turned down. This is very frustrating, totally unplayable. Im done for now. I think this is a problem on blizzards side? :bangshead:

gregc8080

I see those hangs about 4 or 5 times per game. They're at least 10 seconds long. I'm always afraid the game has crashed, but eventually it comes back. So far, no crashes.

I'm running Dual 3.2Ghz Xeons with hyperthreading(looks like 4 processors, actually about 2.5), 2GB ram,
and an old ATI 9800XT with 256MB of video ram. XP SP2 with latest patches.

As near as I can tell, the paging file is never hit. I've never used up the whole 2gb of phys ram.

I did notice something interesting just today. I was playing one of the bigger maps and had 16 protos carriers, so 128 fighters. When I landed on a zerg base and all my fighters were launched, the screen went into a mode where you'd see about 1 second of frames, then about a 2 second hang, then another second of action, hang, action, hang, etc, etc, until the battle was over and the screen got less complex. It's interesting that it didn't slow down to a slideshow, but appeared to be bursts of continuous frames, then a pause. Obviously something is running out of memory somewhere.