Ghost AI 1.1f and Strategy AI 0.41 updated

Started by jason_born, March 21, 2010, 08:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man7a

Does these Ghost AI 0.91 and Strategy AI 0.2 have a site or place where one can check their progress and maybe give some feedback?

Would be appreciated

Edit: lol i just watched Ghost AI with the Aiur Protos "update" take on one another TvP, can almost not believe its bots playing, Protos won. yay for me.

Double Edit: and protos lost best of 3 :"<

Manta

DarkZeros

The code is a mess, i really can't understand it. But I must say that it works really good.

Just some things missing:
- No Clear Obs Wave, so, no rocks are destroyed.
- Sometimes more than 1 Comand center is build.

But the rest is just amazing!

jason_born

Quote from: Organized_Chaos on March 24, 2010, 11:24:34 AM
For those of you that don't wanna mess with MPQ editor and moving files over, etc...I've uploaded the Base.SC2Data file for strategy AI v0.2.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?dnquyjlnorq

The author says there'll be an update soon. Let's wait for a while and I might tell him to make a Base.SC2Data version too. :) BTW,mediafire.com has been blocked by our GFW for no obvious reason. :(

Man7a

Thx a Million jason_born, who is the author? are you on some irc channel where you get the info from?

jason_born

Quote from: Man7a on March 24, 2010, 11:26:10 AM
Does these Ghost AI 0.91 and Strategy AI 0.2 have a site or place where one can check their progress and maybe give some feedback?

Would be appreciated

Manta

They are from a chinese forum:http://3dmgame.chnren.com/bbs/StarCraft/
And unregistered users can't download attachment files.

Organized_Chaos

I just found the thread on that site - I guess 0.2 is still the latest version.  XPL is the author... just wish I knew how to contact him to give him kudos!

I just checked out the galaxy files for the strategy AI, namely StrategyAI.galaxy, and it looks like the reason this AI is so damn good is because XPL painstakingly coded the AI to react/build specifically for EVERY matchup (ZvZ, ZvT, ZvP, etc...)  There are 9 in total.

This guy deserves a lot of credit!

Organized_Chaos

Quote from: jason_born on March 25, 2010, 01:20:35 AM
Quote from: Organized_Chaos on March 24, 2010, 11:24:34 AM
For those of you that don't wanna mess with MPQ editor and moving files over, etc...I've uploaded the Base.SC2Data file for strategy AI v0.2.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?dnquyjlnorq

The author says there'll be an update soon. Let's wait for a while and I might tell him to make a Base.SC2Data version too. :) BTW,mediafire.com has been blocked by our GFW for no obvious reason. :(

What's GFW?  Should I upload it to a different file host?  I really want more ppl to try out this AI - it's very impressive!

And just curious, are you Chinese?  How exactly are you conversing with XPL?   :)

I think maybe I'll start another thread so it's less confusing - more ppl may try it out then!

jason_born

Quote from: Organized_Chaos on March 25, 2010, 08:00:11 AM

What's GFW?  Should I upload it to a different file host?  I really want more ppl to try out this AI - it's very impressive!

And just curious, are you Chinese?  How exactly are you conversing with XPL?   :)

I think maybe I'll start another thread so it's less confusing - more ppl may try it out then!

Man,new version of Strategy AI's coming,including base.sc2data version. You can choose to:
1.Manage to register in the chinese forum and contact buyiyi (username of the Strategy AI author) or
2.Wait a few days for the new release here.

Gamewiz

So I tried that Strategy AI.... holy crap it took me by surprise!

Now, I didn't lose to the AI, but damn it was much more challenging. I played 3 games:

1st game: Terran (me) vs Terran on Blistering Sands
2nd game: Terran vs Protoss on Kulas Ravine
3rd game: Terran vs Zerg on Steppes of War

I started off the 1st game like I usually do, pump out some M&M while I tech to mech against Terran. Let's just say the terran AI harassed me so much with reapers and banshees it really took me off guard. That, coupled with timing the harassments with attacks on my natural, and it was just a huge pain. Late game they have a very nice mix of units, even pumping out Thors, and successfully took out my natural. By the skin of my teeth I was able to fend them off from my main. However, I discovered a fatal flaw in this AI... they don't rebuild their expansions. Ever. I quickly hit their natural and 3rd expo. After that I just starved them out of resources, making me get the win.

After that, I was easily able to exploit this AI. Protoss was easy with ghost EMP (and I never gave them the chance to spec to high templar...), however they did spec DTs which was annoying as hell lol.

Zerg... since I knew I could easily starve them for resources... was pretty easy.

If they rebuilt their expansions this would be the best AI by far. Their harassment is excellent (which really determines a game, imo) and they diversify their units. Perfect example: Against the zerg I scouted they had roaches, so I went marauders... After one engagement, the second engagement they came at me with mutas... took me by surprise again lol.

If this AI rebuilt it's expansions... it would've easily pwned me a couple times.

klaretos

Guys, ghost 1.0 is simply amazing. I believe even better than strategy 0.2

I lost TvZ and it was very close. The AI did everything right. Harrassed me with mutas, built updated speedlings with +2 attack, built roaches and even corruptors+broodlords. When I went to the attack I managed to take out his expansion using M&M+siege tanks and even went to the main base but I didn't send reinforcements and they took me out. After 2-3 minutes I attacked again and the expo was already rebuilt and in full production. Finally he massed zerged me with corruptors and broodlords as backup and I lost. First time I lose to an AI playing with Terrans.

Man7a

Going to try the Ghost AI 1, but im just not sure if i still need to update the Aiur AI 1.17 in the new Ghost AI 1, or is their Protos now better then Aiur? if any one can tell i would be much obliged.

Manta

ringlas

I can't wait for them to release a version with all libs replaced by a Base.SC2Data file so I could easily implement it with Vernam7's launcher and try it out. If it is more stable in the next version, definitely this would be the greatest AI! I did expect exactly those funny moments with Starcrack's AI - good mixture of units, better harassment, more worker killing strategies involving flying units etc... But I am deeply thankful to Starcrack's team so far for bringing joy to us all playing versus a computer.

jason_born

Quote from: Man7a on March 25, 2010, 03:15:45 PM
Going to try the Ghost AI 1, but im just not sure if i still need to update the Aiur AI 1.17 in the new Ghost AI 1, or is their Protos now better then Aiur? if any one can tell i would be much obliged.

Manta

Aiur is still strongly recommended! I can beat Ghost AI's protoss but got completely owned by it after applying Aiur's patch. The amazing part is that the new protoss doesn't even have full map vision. It is so much smarter and stronger than Ghost's default one!

Suzi Q.

The one thing I need to know about these two AIs: How do I make them EASIER? ^^ Is there no configuration or a line in the galaxy-files where I can give them 0.5x minerals or something?

Thx.

Man7a

Quote from: jason_born on March 25, 2010, 11:24:38 PM
Aiur is still strongly recommended! I can beat Ghost AI's protoss but got completely owned by it after applying Aiur's patch. The amazing part is that the new protoss doesn't even have full map vision. It is so much smarter and stronger than Ghost's default one!

thx jason_born, cool nick as well

and Suzi Q,  :-* maybe try Starcrack AI till you get better and then play Strat and ghost AI?

I'm not sure how to make them easier.. so soz :<

Manta