Ghost AI 1.1f and Strategy AI 0.41 updated

Started by jason_born, March 21, 2010, 08:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chriamon

Very difficult AIs, but they still don't exactly play like humans yet. I've played ZvT(AIs being T) against both AIs (haven't played the updated ones yet), and I must say, they don't wall-in, nor do they have enough early-game units to contend with upgraded zerglings. This is really the only way I win, because they seemingly always go the same build, at least for early game, and when I arrive with my lings, they have 1-2 marauders and 3-4 marines, and I can take them out and quickly macro up more lings to hit the SCV line. If the computers went for the traditional wall-in, I have no doubt they would be twice as hard. My point in this explanation is to ask this question, does anybody know of an AI that plays more like humans, that is, does wall-ins and other such strategies popular in the current meta-game?

Joe

Where does the author of Strategy AI post his releases?

Man7a

Chriamon, atm i doubt there is, Maybe practice against the strengths of the AI, instead of timing attacks to   its weaknesses. ( i love that line )

Maybe tomorrow they will bring a imbar AI that that can't be beaten ;)

my 2cents
Manta

berrykerry789

lol, havent had time to play any of the ais yet.  but ai 7.0 was wayyyyy to easy... too predictable, they always mass tier1 units for the first wave, and after that, idk whats next since they are already beaten. 
Carrier Has Arrived...

itsarabbit

Finally, strategy AI does not have maphack, it was impossible to harass it :)
Want Beta key! :D

Suzi Q.

Quote from: Man7a on March 26, 2010, 04:36:16 AM
Quote from: jason_born on March 25, 2010, 11:24:38 PM
Aiur is still strongly recommended! I can beat Ghost AI's protoss but got completely owned by it after applying Aiur's patch. The amazing part is that the new protoss doesn't even have full map vision. It is so much smarter and stronger than Ghost's default one!

thx jason_born, cool nick as well

and Suzi Q,  :-* maybe try Starcrack AI till you get better and then play Strat and ghost AI?

I'm not sure how to make them easier.. so soz :<

Manta
SC 7.0 doesn't expand for me which makes it way too easy. Sadly. :s I'm hoping for future versions to get better.

Man7a

Quote from: Suzi Q. on March 26, 2010, 02:15:30 PM
Quote from: Man7a on March 26, 2010, 04:36:16 AM

thx jason_born, cool nick as well

and Suzi Q,  :-* maybe try Starcrack AI till you get better and then play Strat and ghost AI?

I'm not sure how to make them easier.. so soz :<

Manta
SC 7.0 doesn't expand for me which makes it way too easy. Sadly. :s I'm hoping for future versions to get better.

:( At least Strategy AI no have a none map hacking ai, its for me allot easier so try it out, think you might have a good fun bot battle.

there is so much AI that seems to be coming out. im just testing all to see which is better. if you still want i can let you know about a easier AI than Strategy or ghost but better than Starcrack?

jason_born, Thx for updating the AI's. was waiting for the new Aiur! <3

Manta

zumar

There is something strange in Ghost AI 1.1. I'm playing zerg vs protoss. I'm making zergling rush. when his nexus is destroyed SC 2 is starting freeze for 5-10 sec. and unfreeze periodicaly! I think it is a little bug in AI code, maybe. Is there anyone else who got this issue?

ringlas

Can I ask if somebody that has access to the Chinese web site and can download strategy AI as Base.sc2data file to upload it here? I would be very grateful! 
The thing is that I want just to test it with AllIn1 Tool without replacing files, just to pick it from there. Thanks in advance!

unclean

Here's the Base.sc2data mod versions of both ghost 1.1f+Aiur 1.28 and Strategy 0.22, if you're using Valkirie's beta launcher just unzip these to the AI folder.

Getting the freezing problems too, they almost always happen in four player games with a zerg player or if a terran player lifts off their command center. Not sure what's going on there.

These AIs are amazing though, very good build orders, macro and countering :thumbsup:
If they learned to wall off like chriamon said they'd put up a very good fight, right now that and the fact that they always seem to 12 pool makes them lose easily to early rushes. That's just nitpicking though, good job whoever made this.

edit - Updated the zip

Gc7

The AI's are pretty easy to deal with at every game state, if you pay attention to your macro. I play protoss, so i can only speak for it.

• They don't care about your units positions e.g. if the shooters are on a Cliff and snipes them while they try to go through your meat shields. I don't know how hard this is to program, but it looks for me that the retreat algorithm could use some tweaks.
  • They don't know how to adapt to mass HT's with Stalker and Zealot support, same applies to early Void Ray's.
  • I don't understand their expand decisions, since i got the feeling that they start to expand early if i expand early, but they don't expand if i build a huge force.

Eragon

AI's strategy goes deep and it's fun to pleh against this one !

Nice work

God

I've got to say best AI around.  Actually beat me when I got lazy unlike StarCrack

zumar

In Strategy AI 0.22 when you use GameData dir you will get a bug when press 'reasart' button.
you will see zerg and cannot control it.

zendex

Strategy AI is just incredibly good at the moment. It should be the official AI of SC2 unless Blizzard develops something better.