Ghost AI 1.1f and Strategy AI 0.41 updated

Started by jason_born, March 21, 2010, 08:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zumar

Does anybody know what are the numbers that Strategy AI 0.31 shows on screen? 1-2-3-4 and etc.
Is this game timer in minutes?
It might be good idea to include timer in AI code and show it during the game.

Chriamon

I noticed the zerg AI included in ghost is rather weak compared to the terran and the protoss patched Auir AI, so i figured I'd mess around with the zerg AI. It was fun making a "semi-cheating" AI, and I really exploited that to the fullest. I made the Zerg AI (Which I creatively called "DoZerg") build units based on what units its opponent builds, really exploiting the "maphack" portion of the AI. It wins pretty much all of the time vs the Auir and Ghost AI (except when the AI fails at micro, sending ling swarms to fight on ramps and such). If anyone wants to try it, I've attatched it. Just extract contents to ghost mod directory and overwrite. I found it entertaining to watch the Ghost terran I've had so much trouble with myself be beaten so soundly (OK, maybe a little exageratting :P )

zumar

Chriamon

Probably not in its current form, but I'm messing with it more, I'm going to make it much more complete and compatable with other AIs as well.

I'll probably make a thread once I have a complete version, that version is sloppy, but is mainly a "proof of concept" so to speak.

zumar

thanks. Yes I saw how he killed Ghost terran - just like me - mass mass lings & some roaches. Looks good. But there is a big job you have to do. I killed him with bunker rush from one barracks.
And it was more easy than with Strategy AI. Overlords were flying to bunker and dying. He made a qween instead of zerglings.
I dream about AI with full map vision who will be able to fix such all-in rushes.

Chriamon

Quote from: zumar on April 07, 2010, 10:33:48 AM
thanks. Yes I saw how he killed Ghost terran - just like me - mass mass lings & some roaches. Looks good. But there is a big job you have to do. I killed him with bunker rush from one barracks.
And it was more easy than with Strategy AI. Overlords were flying to bunker and dying. He made a qween instead of zerglings.
I dream about AI with full map vision who will be able to fix such all-in rushes.

Yea I noticed something buggy, my AI doesn't function vs users for some reason, it only works when it is vsing another AI, I'll have to look at it and see where the bug is.

EDIT: fixed it, and I updated the AI, much stronger now, I'll probably make my own thread soon.

zumar

Ok he is stronger now. My bunker rush was succesful only on second try. He tried to kill bunker and barracks. Good.

apriores

hunterx

Strategy AI 0.4 by XPL.  Due to much confusion, here are simplified instructions:

Method A: XPL's 0.4 patch.SC2Archive file, copy into C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Versions\Base14803.
Strategy AI 0.4 semi-non-cheating
Strategy AI 0.4 1.6x cheating
-If you watch replays, make a backup file
-Delete any TriggerLibs folder in the Mods directory
-Any base.SC2Data will do, as it is overwritten anyways

Method B: My 0.4 base.SC2Data file, use these and only these.
Strategy AI 0.4
-Recommended method if you like to switch between AIs.
-Some functionality, such as in-game timer, will be lost.

Original Chinese thread

Kernel64

Okay, so if I understand this correctly:

We must use the patch file version in order to watch replays, and cannot do so with just the base.sc2data?

Edit: Attached is the Base.sc2data, just rename it from Base.sc2data.zip to base.sc2data

I have to say, the protoss plays good. This is the semi-cheating one.

hunterx

Here's updated base.SC2Data files (Strategy AI 4.0 by XPL).  This should be the only file you need.

http://rapidshare.com/files/377370896/Strategy_AI_4.0.rar

I included TriggerLibs and GameData, but not the other folders in   patch.SC2Archive.  Perhaps someone with more experience could tell us what those other files are for.

akumapc

Has anyone got the .4 strategy AI working properly as in does it actually display "Strategy AI .4" upon launching a new game?  I've tried several different combinations of adding/removing the triggerlibs/gamedata folders but it seems the only text displayed shows Strategy AI .31.  The instructions are a little bit incoherent could someone who has gotten this to work quickly repost instructions on how to get this version working?

- using SC2allin1 launcher

whoamI

unclean

Quote from: akumapc on April 18, 2010, 06:02:07 AM
Has anyone got the .4 strategy AI working properly as in does it actually display "Strategy AI .4" upon launching a new game?  I've tried several different combinations of adding/removing the triggerlibs/gamedata folders but it seems the only text displayed shows Strategy AI .31.  The instructions are a little bit incoherent could someone who has gotten this to work quickly repost instructions on how to get this version working?

- using SC2allin1 launcher

I don't know how SC2allin1 loads AIs, but I'm using Valkerie's launcher and this works for me:

1 - Make a backup first and move the patch.SC2Archive file to C:\Games\StarCraft II Beta\Versions\Base14803
2 - Copy the triggerlibs and gamedata folder from the archive file to a new Base.SC2Data file and use that to load the AI, or use the one Kernel64 made.

I'm not even sure you need to do the first step, I launched the game with the wrong patch version and the AI seemed to micro okay.

jerrytouille

1. Strategy AI 0.4 Chinese links are dead.
2 .zip file link the Standard version is still 0.31
3. Is Standard version the non-cheat version?

Thanks.