Replay Desync error!

Started by Kazarus, March 13, 2010, 01:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazarus

Me and a friend keep getting the "Replay Desync" error whenever we try to watch each other's replays.  We reinstalled everything so we had it all exactly the same, and still get it. We both have the same Beta version, same AI, same Launcher, same Cache, same Maps, same everything.  Searching google, the only solution I've seen people suggest to solve this problem is to replace the new AI with the original AI just to watch the replays, but that doesn't work for us either.  Even with the very original AI, we still get "Replay Desync".  Anyone know how to fix this?

Beta Patch 5
Starcraft II - Beta Launcher version 0.21 by Valkirie
All 13 Official SC2 maps
StarCrack AI 6.1.1

Manichean

in order to watch the replays, or you guys playing vs the AI's. U must load the replay in the with the same difficulty setting that was used to create that replay.

For example if player A makes a game on "medium" 6.1 non cheating edition. Then player b must select medium before watching the replay to make if not desync.

Im not familiar with Starcraft II - Beta Launcher version 0.21 by Valkirie as I use the SC2ALLin1. If you cannot select a dificulty with Starcraft II - Beta Launcher version 0.21 then you can always just use lazylauncher and open the replay. Just make sure that you replace the x:\games\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data file with the AI that the replay was recorded with.

nammerduong

I have the same problem...
to play a replay on Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie you must play a game with the same AI difficulty as the one used on the replay. Then you can just quit the game and then load the replay.
However, I am having trouble watching normal Replays from the people who vs other people that have beta keys.
I dont know which AI to load...
I get told it is this one:C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data
But when I load a game with that, I don't even have anything to start with and I can't see anything except all fog of war.
I would appreciate any help.