The Oily Evil Zerg (A visual mod for Zerg)

Started by MrMagoo22, March 25, 2010, 07:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMagoo22

Like the Zerg, but wish that they were a bit darker, shinier, and more evil looking?

http://www.mediafire.com/?tnnnmzdozhe]http://www.mediafire.com/?tnnnmzdozhe

Comments?

Rain[sun]

Looks like shit.

I don't mean bad, I mean like they are growing out of sewage waste hahaha
Liking it though, this is only jobs made without the Galaxy Editor... I'm stoked to see what people can come up with one day. Maybe a full visual mod making a new race? Who knows.
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

MrMagoo22

I for one, cannot wait for the Galaxy Editor to come out, and must keep myself entertained by messing around with the visuals till it finally arrives.

Rain[sun]

I like the mods out so far, they give a good sneak peek to what can be expected!
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

MrMagoo22

As of right now, the mod is just about completely done. All I need is a bit of assistance from somebody who has done this before. I'm looking for the texture for the Zerg blood, anybody know what it's called?

coolflip

Quote from: MrMagoo22 on March 26, 2010, 12:35:35 AM
As of right now, the mod is just about completely done. All I need is a bit of assistance from somebody who has done this before. I'm looking for the texture for the Zerg blood, anybody know what it's called?

Fear not, for I am here, what are you having trouble with?

Edit: Looking at the mpq, just edit the stuff that starts with blood, and isnt followed by terran, as protoss do not bleed (atleast i dont think so)

Ex: bloodybuildingguts.dds, bloodsplat_6.dds, but NOT bloodterrantileblue.dds

This is just a guess, not going to go through and edit them and stuff

MrMagoo22

Oddly enough, the blood textures are shared between Zerg and Terran, so I don't think I can really edit them all that much. With that said, the mod is done. I'll post it in a minute.

Dracogon

MUST...HAVE.....ZERG!!!!!
I LOVE THIS LOL
HEHEHEHEHEH

MrMagoo22

ASK AND YEE SHALL RECIEVE.

I posted a link to the download. If you see any visual glitches or spots that appear to be missing, please let me know.

starscraft-2-fan

Quote from: Dracogon on March 26, 2010, 11:32:53 PM
MUST...HAVE.....ZERG!!!!!
I LOVE THIS LOL
HEHEHEHEHEH
dude just wait for random_user 12 zerg mod its epic :whistle:

MrMagoo22

Quote from: ProzaicMuze on March 27, 2010, 09:05:48 AM
Maybe it's just the pictures, but the skins look too dark :(

I can't make out any texture details Xp

Yah in retrospect the color scheme is too dark. Try setting the gamma up a bit for the game and see if that improves it much.