LOL newb status....

Started by HACKED-Mizukage dont fuck with me, March 25, 2010, 07:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HACKED-Mizukage dont fuck with me

so say i had never played starcraft ever before... what race would you say i start out with and why? :)
laugh out loud if i hacked you; fucking lying little slut

MrMagoo22

Protoss, because to a certain extent it doesn't require too much strategizing early game. The zealot can go toe to to with the marine and the zergling and come out on top. Protoss generally is a good way to start off, as each individual unit is worth more.

Rain[sun]

Terran as they are the easiest to micro and easiest to build with.
Earlier builds with terran don't require any micro at all, even later game on some matchups they are so easy compared to the other 2 races.
Toss comes 2nd cause they are similar to terran in how you play them, but they cant brute force it like Terran bio builds, you need a bit more micro to effectively win.
Zerg comes as hardest cause their play style differs sooo much from the other two, if you play them how you would the other 2 you'll get bent over backwards. 
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

berrykerry789

protoss is straight foward
zerg is confusing at first, but once you master it...you will be pro like me :)
Carrier Has Arrived...

coolflip

Quote from: Shad0wL1nk on March 25, 2010, 07:44:38 PM
yeah im on the us sever and thanx :D my email is ibleed4you@live.com (so not emo XD) and my ingame name is Shad0wL1nk for all that it may concern

Have you, by any chance, not already used your friend invite key? Ill play with you if you still have one to give out :)

Rain[sun]

Quote from: coolflip on March 26, 2010, 02:32:44 AM
yeah im on the us sever and thanx :D my email is ibleed4you@live.com (so not emo XD) and my ingame name is Shad0wL1nk for all that it may concern

Have you, by any chance, not already used your friend invite key? Ill play with you if you still have one to give out :)

Not everyone gets a friend invite, he probably doesn't have one. Might but doubtful.

berrykerry789

Quote from: Rain[sun] on March 26, 2010, 03:19:14 AM
Quote from: coolflip on March 26, 2010, 02:32:44 AM

Not everyone gets a friend invite, he probably doesn't have one. Might but doubtful.

Do you have freind invite? :) if so can i have it xD
Carrier Has Arrived...

Rain[sun]

:p I got invited by a friend invite who got invited by a friend invite. Chances are soooo slim im ever gonna get a key to give away  ;)

ooni

Terran  is what and what now? O_O I'm confused. Protoss and Zerg basically  A-click attack except for using infestors and high templars. Terran has skill for like every single unit (hellions is probably the  only exception). It's definitely hardest to micro (I'm not saying it's  hard, it's the hardest).

If you are new to starcraft, go zerg.  That was my first race and can't go wrong. You will learn when and how  to take an expansion which is the most important skill in Starcraft.  Zergs have almost no abilities besides the casters (queen, infestor and  corrupters), you can pretty much spam unit and A-attack. If you get  better at Zerg, try protoss. They have warpgate ability so it's bit  easier to macro than Terran but keeping up with chrono boost will be  quite challenging at first. Then move on to Terran where you would need  to master unit micros and macros and use nifty tricks to defeat the  A-attacking Zergs and Protoss. At the end if A-attacking is more fun  for you, pick Zerg. If you like late game powerful A-Attackers pick  protoss. If you want to make your life miserable pick terran. I do have  to warn you as T player, TvT is the worst match up of all time.

berrykerry789

lol, i cant play terran.  i dont know why, but the only thing i can do is mass m&m's.  Zerg owns all :P
Carrier Has Arrived...

guys please stop asking if i would pick you out of the all the people that want the key (IF I GET ONE) because if i just happened to get it and gave it to someone who asked.... welll that would not be fair the key will be available to everyone :whistle: :whistle:

Rain[sun]

Quote from: ooni on March 26, 2010, 07:18:59 AM
A big block of opinion.

In Broodwar terran were easily the hardest to micro effectively, since your main builds were hybrid or all out mech which meant a ridiculous amount of mine/siege/positiion micro. Now, bio builds = a+left click, a right click here and there. Mech builds are virtually nonexistant; when they do come into play, they take about as much micro as having 1 caster. Your only real micro comes with ghosts, but if getting a good EMP in by max 3 units is considered difficult then, i think youd have issues elsewhere too.
If your A-Clicking with protoss, then you're playing against AI and not online. For a toss to win against anyone better than garbage, you need to be using every units ability nearly all the time, warping more units in, climbing up/down cliffs effectively while managing the other units so they dont get merked. Storming/Guardian Shield/Force Field. Need I say more?

Zerg armies take less micro cause they have less casters, but its simple ( to me) to micro with. Surround, kill.
I say Zerg is the hardest cause its play style is infinitely different than toss and terran; As a new player, most people like to sample all the races so itd be easiest to learn terran/toss, who besides warpgates play identical in terms of macro. Chrono Boost is essentially a more micro intensive variation of reactor anyway.

i love how the forum topic went one way and then the topic now is going the complete opposite way XD :D

Rain[sun]

aalllways does!

you may be to blame for asking a question halfway thru... but nobodys point fingers ;)

:O omfg ur right NOOOOOOOO :'( :'(  wow.... i need to work  on that XD ;D ;D ;D