Patch 6 is live!

Started by ItzMattu, March 25, 2010, 07:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItzMattu

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 6 (version 0.8.0.14593)

The latest patch notes can always be found at
  http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&sid=5000

General     

• You can now report misconduct or block communication with a player   after completion of a game by right-clicking on the offending player's   name in the score screen and choosing Report Abuse or Block   Communication.
  • You can now view any player's profile after completion of a game by   right-clicking on their name in the score screen and choosing View   Profile.
  • Updated unit and ability tooltips to be accurate in all regions.
  • Improved the visibility of units on zerg creep.
  • Improved the visibility of team colors for protoss units using   warp-in to help distinguish between multiple protoss players.
  • Improved the system that handles promotion and relegation between   Leagues.
  • Improved the Favored functionality to more accurately portray Even   matches and display properly in the score screen.
  • Improved 2v2 arranged team matchmaking so games are found more   quickly.
  • Improved replay functionality so missing maps will be downloaded   from Battle.net when you view a replay.
  • Korea: Improved the logic for the age gate functionality.
  Balance Changes     

• GENERAL     

• Pathing has been improved so units can now properly block ramps and   choke points.
    • Made a change to how zerg creep affects doodads, such as trees, to   prevent players from seeing the starting location of zerg players   through the fog of war.
  • TERRAN     

• Viking     

• Cost changed from 125 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas to 150 Minerals   and 75 Vespene Gas.
    • Ghost     

• Cost changed from 100 Minerals and 200 Vespene Gas to 150 Minerals   and 150 Vespene Gas.
      • EMP Round radius decreased from 3 to 2.
    • Factory     

• Cost decreased from 200 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas to 150 Minerals   and 100 Vespene Gas.
    • Tech Lab     

• Cost decreased from 50 Minerals and 50 Vespene Gas to 50 Minerals   and 25 Vespene Gas.
    • Reactor     

• Build time increased from 25 seconds to 50 seconds.
    • SCV     

• Life decreased from 60 to 45.
    • Bunker     

• Build time decreased from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.
    • Marine     

• Build time increased from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
  • PROTOSS     

• Colossus     

• Thermal Lances damage decreased from 23 to 20.
    • Observer     

• Cost increased from 25 Minerals and 75 Vespene Gas to 50 Minerals   and 100 Vespene Gas.
      • Build time increased from 33 seconds to 40 seconds.
    • Stalker     

• Particle Disruptors damage increased from 8 (+6 Armored) to 10 (+4   Armored).
      • Weapon upgrade damage decreased from +1 (+1 Armored) to +1 (+0   Armored).
    • Dark Templar     

• Armor type changed from Biological-Psionic to   Biological-Psionic-Light.
    • High Templar     

• Armor type changed from Biological-Psionic to   Biological-Psionic-Light.
    • Dark Shrine     

• Build time increased from 80 seconds to 100 seconds.
      • Cost increased from 100 Minerals and 200 Vespene Gas to 100 Minerals   and 250 Vespene Gas.
  • ZERG     

• Baneling     

• Volatile Burst damage increased from 15 (+20 Light) to 20 (+15   Light).
    • Roach     

• Burrowed regeneration rate decreased from 10 to 5.
      • Upgraded burrowed regeneration bonus decreased from +20 to +10.
  Bug Fixes     

• Fixed an issue affecting the incorrect assignment of arranged teams   to certain Leagues.
  • Fixed an issue affecting random teams that caused no points being   awarded on wins and too many points being removed on losses in certain   situations.
  • Fixed an issue involving the Bonus Pool display on the Quick Match   and Leagues & Ladders pages.
  • Korean client: Fixed an issue affecting the ability for Korean   players to properly view profiles. They can now see their League ranking   on their profile page.
  • Fixed an intermittent UI crash on game shutdown.
  • Polish client: Fixed a crash which would happen any time a "Player   is no longer being revealed!" message was displayed.

berrykerry789

NUUUUUUU!!!! protoss got weaker...
Carrier Has Arrived...

darkshark

and the terran got cheaper but the nerfed the epic OP SCVs

Captain Hammer

Patch 2 brought reactor build time from 40 to 25, and this one pushes it past 40 to 50. How odd.

I like the stalker damage boost and the baneling damage boost. I wasn't really using them much. Also, the ghost price change is pretty sweet. Paying 100m and 200g always threw my resources off balance, though I'm no pro

starcrafter64

Quote from: Captain Hammer on March 25, 2010, 08:45:28 PM
Patch 2 brought reactor build time from 40 to 25, and this one pushes it past 40 to 50. How odd

I like the stalker damage boost and the baneling damage boost. I wasn't really using them much. Also, the ghost price change is pretty sweet. Paying 100m and 200g always threw my resources off balance, though I'm no pro

Stalker damage is unchanged against armored units, but higher against non armored units. Upgraded Stalkers will not get the added boost from upgrades. To me this seems like they are trying to make Stalkers more attractive for an early-mid game and less useful in mid-late.

ProtossSC2

If anyone is having trouble with the auto patch, it can be downloaded here.

Just extract that particular patch files on to your updates folder and   start SC2. It will install automatically.

Have fun.
David

Rain[sun]

Wicked. Terran just got a wrench shoved into their biobuild rushes. I LIKE IT
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

zealot

anyone else not able to update when opening the beta?

MortalPlague

Quote from: starcrafter64 on March 25, 2010, 09:48:31 PMStalker damage is unchanged against armored units, but higher against non armored units. Upgraded Stalkers will not get the added boost from upgrades. To me this seems like they are trying to make Stalkers more attractive for an early-mid game and less useful in mid-late.

I have to say, I approve of this change.  Stalkers always felt strangely ineffective early on, since their damage against light units like marines and zerglings was so low.

starcrafter64

Quote from: MortalPlague on March 25, 2010, 11:43:44 PM
Quote from: starcrafter64 on March 25, 2010, 09:48:31 PMStalker damage is unchanged against armored units, but higher against non armored units. Upgraded Stalkers will not get the added boost from upgrades. To me this seems like they are trying to make Stalkers more attractive for an early-mid game and less useful in mid-late.

I have to say, I approve of this change.  Stalkers always felt strangely ineffective early on, since their damage against light units like marines and zerglings was so low.

The stalker is meant to be weak against zerglings and other first tier units, this change makes them more effective against them. I'm confused on blizzards insight on this change, because it lowers their effectiveness in late game vs Armored Units/Buildings.

noMICRO

Quote from: berrykerry789 on March 25, 2010, 08:07:56 PM
NUUUUUUU!!!! protoss got weaker...
Not at all.. quite a bit stronger, actually. I'm actually in the beta (gold league, not plat yet :( ), and this is a pretty solid early-mid game buff for toss. So much easier to play against terrans now that you don't have to worry about a cheese marine rush. Stalkers are actually useful now.. not quite dragoons, but an OK placeholder. Mass stalkers is viable early-mid now.. I've been winning in under 15 minutes consistently since this patch went live by spamming stalkers. DT's aren't all that good against competent players in sc2, since everyone puts up a ton of detection. Haven't noticed a difference in the armor change on HT's... they died fast under fire before, and die fast now.

Oh, and roaches aren't quite as gay now. The thing they added to view profiles after games doesn't work, either. 'View Profile' is there when you right click, but is grayed out. Colossus aren't quite as good against hydras now, but they're still solid.

Rain[sun]

^Funny you mention that, I nearly lost a game due to Colossii getting shredded by hydras. Was definitely a close call
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

SupraDoom

Considering SCV's are the only worker exposed while building I think the nerf was un-called for. It's not like miner wars is that common.

Sacroidd

wow, this patch changes a lot of stuff, specially prizes. I hate the Banneling damage boost, I think they were ok, two explosions just kills a marauder...

starcrafter64

Quote from: Sacroidd on March 26, 2010, 12:15:56 PM
wow, this patch changes a lot of stuff, specially prizes. I hate the Banneling damage boost, I think they were ok, two explosions just kills a marauder...

Marauders have 125HP, and are not Light Units....can someone explain how a baneling kills a marauder in 2 hits?  ::)