[Entry 2] Why I deserve the beta!

Started by ItzMattu, March 25, 2010, 09:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItzMattu

So, I am posting what was going to be my entry #2 (this is my rough edit). Turns out a stranger on the internet saw my video and decided to give me a key because of it. I am posting it here still because it was made thanks to this contest, and perhaps will inspire some others.

Rough edit for SC2 Key Giveaway

Also, I would still like to have a chance at a key (another co-founder of the GDG) for a friend if possible! Thanks! :D

Zeroseed

good vid, and awesome on getting they key. Only one suggestion, take this vid off. dont let people steal your keys! and yes, you have inspired me too, thank you =]

ItzMattu

How would anyone be stealing keys from me by the video being posted here? O_o

Myst

Interesting Vid, I was thinking about doing the charity thing but decided not to go that route for this first contest.  Maybe the next contest ;)   

ItzMattu

Quote from: Myst on March 26, 2010, 01:25:45 AM
Interesting Vid, I was thinking about doing the charity thing but decided not to go that route for this first contest.  Maybe the next contest ;)   

Yeah, it ended up working out well. They raised over $800 dollars I believe.

Here is the post about it if you're interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/bf8ac/hey_reddit_want_a_starcraft_2_beta_key_be_my/

ringlas

Dude! You won me! My blizzard fan side was thrilled! When I first read about what was entry 2 going to be like, I'd imagined it exactly like your vid! I am so pleased that things worked out for you, great job on the video and big bow to the HUGE collection that you posses! Damn, you deserved this key more than me! :D Really, really great competition DarkBlizz is running, the community shows itself, its creativity, ideas and it gets very interesting. Big thumbs up to you and the forum!  8)

DarkRahzeil

Congrats man! Nice Entry! Seems I can't go this route anymore (it wouldn't have been as good as yours), but I do  plan on entering and hopefully win a beta key! Anyways, Enjoy SC2 Beta! You deserved it!

ItzMattu

Thanks for all the kind replies everyone! I am looking forward to all the entries you guys make, and don't shy away from this style just because I did it. If it's the best way to show off why you should get the key, go for it. I'm sure other people have great stories and great collections to show us!

When I first submitted this video, the only other ones had nothing to do with saying why they deserved the key, but just did other things (sometimes even unrelated to SC or Blizzard at all) so I figured it was worth a shot.

Bliss

Can we vote for you in this contest? Cause that was great. Though I don't know if you still should get a key, since you already have one... maybe like, a special mention? But the video was amazing.

ItzMattu

Well, if I do get the key I certainly won't be selling it. I have at least 3 other guys that help me run the GDG (Game Developers' Group) at my school who also don't have, and would love, keys.

But the official call can't be made by me.

At any rate, I don't believe it comes down to a community vote (could be wrong). But I do appreciate the support and kindness. :]