Evil Protoss Visual Mod v3

Started by coolflip, March 29, 2010, 02:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolflip

Hello, this is my third, and most likely final version  of my evil protoss mod for sc2. As you all probably know by now, this  mod replaces most glows and explosions that would usually be blue for  the protoss, with a nice, dark red glow, giving protoss that evil,  badass look. 

This time around, I have created a youtube video for my mod, as an  entry for HDStarcraft's beta key giveaway (yeah, im that desperate). 

Part one: Sc2 Evil Protoss Mod Pt. 1         (ignore the sound here) 
Part two: Sc2 Evil Protoss Mod Pt. 2 

The soundtrack from the 2nd part got put over the first part, so it  would be a good idea to turn your sound down a little bit FOR THE FIRST  VIDEO ONLY. I also included a sound mod in the video that reverts most  protoss vocals to sc1 unit's voices. 

Zealot -> Sc1 Zealot 
Stalker -> Dragoon 
Immortal -> Not sure what it is, maybe tassadar, sc1 sound files weren't labeled 
Phoenix -> Scout 
High Templar -> Sc1 High Templar 
Archon -> Sc1 Archon 
----------------------------------------Not included in video--------------------------------------------- 
Dark Templar -> Sc1 Dark Templar 
Mothership -> Arbiter (father-ship much?) 
Carrier -> Sc1 Carrier (the sc1 interceptor launch sound bugs out in sc2, goes way to fast, so i left it out) 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Also, I have created a zerg announcer mod that replaces the sc2 zerg announcer with that of Starcraft one's 

Links to all of my current mods with readme's: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=faddf2b4e2030930d9d5c56d04dfa8b09599d1170ce5adaee91dc00c2f906379 

Rate, comment and subscribe (for almost no future videos) xD 

Send comments and suguestions to: coolflip666@gmail.com                   

the_ace

I tired it out, but the voices didn't work for me. Anyway this one is pretty cool. Thanks for makin' a good vmod. :thumbsup:
Still looking for a beta key. If someone could invite me...

Simon-T.

This looks really good! I really like this darksome look. Are you able to edit Zerg/Terran as well?
limpbizkit.com - the real music source

agentken007

thanks for the mod, it looks great. however, im just wondering about the stalkers attack being blue, since all other lasers are red.

coolflip

Quote from: Simon-T. on March 29, 2010, 04:38:59 AM
This looks really good! I really like this darksome look. Are you able to edit Zerg/Terran as well?

Yes, I am able to mod any texture in the game, except for a select few that are infused with the model (like the protoss black hole warp in building thing........), but I just dont have any ideas as to what I could try to accomplish, or what themes I could go for, which is why i posted my email for suggestions from all of you

the_ace

I still play with this Mod and really love it  :jig:

I've never seen *.dds files before. Am I allowed to ask what software you use to edit them?
How does your Mod work? There was no "Assets"-folder in gamedir before. Why does SC2 use them and how did you figure out how to name the files?

Still looking for a beta key. If someone could invite me...

RobinHood

Nice work with your visual mod, looks fantastic!

MrMagoo22

Quote from: the_ace on March 30, 2010, 06:01:38 AM
I still play with this Mod and really love it  :jig:

I've never seen *.dds files before. Am I allowed to ask what software you use to edit them?
How does your Mod work? There was no "Assets"-folder in gamedir before. Why does SC2 use them and how did you figure out how to name the files?

dds files are used for image wrapping sprites. You can download a patch for photoshop online that allows you to open them or, if you don't have photoshop, you can download a dds converter that turns the files into a readable image type like bmp, and can then edit them in the GIMP. The Assets folder comes out of the Sc2Assets file in your base. The reason the mods are implemented so easily is that the custom files, as long as they are named correctly and put in *essentially* the right spot, they will override the preexisting textures and commands.

Once you start working on the actual textures, you're going to want to look for files with diffuse in their name, as those are the actual colored textures.

Mr42

@Immortal: I'm pretty sure it is dragoon-ified Fenix, which is fitting, indeed

anyway, nice work

Hero_Lief

Yes, think of an immortal like a zealot dragoon, yet think of the stalker as a dark templar dragoon.