Official NO LAN Support for SCII

Started by starcrafter64, March 29, 2010, 08:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkdream

Yeah... Most of the time, we organize small LAN Parties. And 80% of the time we do not have an internet connection. That really means we will have no choice about using a LAN crack.

starcrafter64

Quote from: thedarkdream on April 02, 2010, 03:09:38 PM
Yeah... Most of the time, we organize small LAN Parties. And 80% of the time we do not have an internet connection. That really means we will have no choice about using a LAN crack.

You are telling me, that in the year 2010, you cannot plan your LAN party somewhere with Internet access? Unless you live in a 3rd world country, I find this extremely hard to believe...

Rain[sun]

And if you're in a 3rd world country I really think your a minority for playing SC2, straight up.
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

ev-

not sure if the koreans have anti-piracy laws at all :)

Or they are probably just not really enforced.

thedarkdream

Quote from: starcrafter64 on April 02, 2010, 07:37:37 PM
You are telling me, that in the year 2010, you cannot plan your LAN party somewhere with Internet access? Unless you live in a 3rd world country, I find this extremely hard to believe...
We organized lan parties at our university, and sometimes we were in one of the classrooms which doesn't have signal for the WiFi they're givin' us :) ) (a few of them have trouble)
Guess i exagerated with the 80% though. :P But still, I still want LAN play.

iLLu

It's the way all games have been going. Modern Warfare 2 can't be played offline (need to be in online mode on steam for it to work) and neither can Bad Company 2.

It sucks going to a local LAN or something, bringing the latest game and not being able to play it. I know it's all for the anti-piracy measures, but I'd just like to be able to play a game without all the rubbish restrictions.

Why am I being punished for playing a game as a legitimate consumer? -_-