point defence drone use?

Started by berrykerry789, March 30, 2010, 03:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrykerry789

just what exactly does a point defense drone do?
Carrier Has Arrived...

berrykerry789

Carrier Has Arrived...

MrMagoo22

Gives the raven a simple way to attack, and adds a tiny bit of firepower to a fight. That's about it.

random_user12

Quote from: MrMagoo22 on March 30, 2010, 07:51:33 AM
Gives the raven a simple way to attack, and adds a tiny bit of firepower to a fight. That's about it.

Thats the auto turret.

The point defense drone shoots projectiles out of the sky so they dont hit your units.

Organized_Chaos

Quote from: random_user12 on March 30, 2010, 08:20:09 AM
Quote from: MrMagoo22 on March 30, 2010, 07:51:33 AM

Thats the auto turret.

The point defense drone shoots projectiles out of the sky so they dont hit your units.

+1

They're really nasty against static defense like cannons/spores/turrets, because as far as I know, the static defenses won't target the drones (unless the player manually targets them).

So, lay down enough drones, and their static defense is rendered temporarily useless.

ShadowTiger

The point defense drone is an alternate to using turrets. For example, against brood lords or hydras with range turrets are useless. However the point defense drone will block up to 20 attacks which is anywhere from 100 - 400 damage depending on what kind of unit is attacking you. These are great combined with turrets to keep your turrets alive, so 4 turrets + 2 point defense drones is much better than just 6 turrets against ranged units (bad idea vs lings/zealots).

You can also use point defense drones to protect your workers from muta harass. I would suggest throwing down point defense drones in big battles instead of turrets, especially if your opponent has powerful ranged units. It is very helpful if you have lots of marines since it will negate the health penalty of stim packs.

berrykerry789

lol, i only use the gun turret for the raven :) mass marines, and then teck up to raven, build like 10 with the extra gass, then drop 40 turrets into the ais base :) never failed me be4 if i last long enough to tech to ravens from marines and maraders... lmao
Carrier Has Arrived...