Difficulty of AI 7.0 / PvT

Started by the_ace, March 30, 2010, 05:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_ace

Hey folks,
I play SC2 with the Allin1-Launcher, latest Patchlevel.

The difficulty of AI 7.0 on medium is ridicuclous, on hard it's makin' really much trouble  :D
Isn't there anything between that?
I have big trouble winning a hard PvT game, TvT, TvZ and TvP are no Problem.
As P i can hardly get the recources to defend me, but building carriers or Immortals seems to be impossible. on every rush (earlygame) i loose so much zealots, that building new ones takes all my minerals. than in midgame when i have some immortals etc. the terran beats me with a huge army.
I use an early extension, but a send on lower grounds cannot be held.

any ideas?

excuse my poor english  8)
Still looking for a beta key. If someone could invite me...

Cry17

Get a few dark templars and block the ramp he uses to get troops to your base, be carefull if he comes with vikings or when he uses Scanner sweep. After that you just make a small army of dark templars and crush him. This strategy will work until they make an AI that will attack you with air units.(only air units i've seen an AI use were mutalisk for zerg and vikings for terran)

MrMagoo22

Truthfully you should give the Ghost or Strategy AI a try. It is given full map vision, but no extra resources, and the AI is actually really good at countering your units. I found myself steamrolling the 7.0 AI without too much trouble, but the Ghost AI tends to beat me about 40% of the time, especially if it gets terran.

So yah, just a suggestion if you want to try it out.

the_ace

Yah, thx! I tried another tactic today. Ich pushed early high templars with pstorm, got rid of them tanks.
then robotics,  expansion and finally i had 16 carriers and a mothership beating the shit out of those terrans  :tease: it was not necessary, but a final mass recall ended the game soon  :jig:

ESL|Dynasty

The insane version of this AI is a killer.
I barely win once in 3-4 games lol. :-[ ???

the_ace

Yeah, this time i won as a terran against 2 Zerg in "hard".
took a long time, but in the end i finally kicked ass. YIEEHAR 8)

berrykerry789

funny thing happened today... was playing, and after 2 minutes, right after 1 got 2 marines, i see 15 zerglings... got owned 5 times before i realized that i was playing strategy ai with x2 minerals  :bangshead:
Carrier Has Arrived...

Hater

Hmm, I'm winning the AI 7.0 on insane on every race against any race. I even won against 2 insane. Not showing off just trying to help you out.

Can you describe what your build order is or anything like that?

unclean

Try to go for a cybernetics core ASAP since zealots by themselves get   owned by marauders. Try to get about an even number of zealots,   slalkers, and sentries, and push out once you have a couple of immortals   in the mix, with possibly a weapons upgrade. Make sure to build an   observer too for scouting and detecting ghosts and banshees, use zealots   draw emps away from the rest of your army and hold the   line, immortals to kill mauraders, and keep a force field up at all   times since it gives everyone in it +2 armor vs basically everything a   terran can throw at you.

The way I play it is to mass a large army from the start and try to   punish whenever I can. If the terran's running through a choke you can   split their army with 2 or 3 kinetic barriers and pick off the   stragglers, if they try to expand there's a window of opportunity a   little bit after it goes up where they've basically spent 6 or 7 hundred   minerals on econ without any sort of return that makes them really   vurnerable to an attack. You can also counter with an expansion of your   own or by teching to HTs or whatever those huge death ray robot things   are called, but if you get too passive and just sit back without   harassing and let them build a huge army you're screwed.

Attached a replay vs strategy ai 0.3, not too thrilling a game but it   shows you how its done. You should put up a replay, it would help for   sure.

the_ace

Oh, insane-Mode is NOT available for me.
I can only choose between: very easy, easy, medium and hard.
Software is latest Beta-Version of SC2 and Vernam7 excellent Beta TOOL ALLin1 v5.7.1 including AI 7.0.

When the Game is running 1 Core of my 4,02GHz Core I7  is at 100%.  This makes me wondering if the strength of the AI is depending on the speed of a Computer.  Sometimes in a normal fast game, a computer opponent rushes me with about 20 marines and marauders after about 3-4 minutes. I wonder how those can be built so fast. It is possible to stop the rush, but its damn hard. When my army is big enough to stop rushes, i begin to tech up, expand an create an army that crushes my enemy. but an open base in the beginning without bunkers would be totally lost!  I will have to look for a replay to post...