Bnet Emulator team is getting very close...

Started by Organized_Chaos, March 30, 2010, 10:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gskellig

dft

Quote from: gnerd4 on March 31, 2010, 03:13:37 PM
i've found a link for downloading it... it seems to be launching but i dunno how to join -.-
there a noisy "ding ding" on start but that can be turned off at with the music button
can somebody look at it?

http://rapidshare.com/files/370467491/Bnet0.4.231.rar.html

Can you reupload it?

Gamewiz

Quote from: gnerd4 on March 31, 2010, 03:13:37 PM
i've found a link for downloading it... it seems to be launching but i dunno how to join -.-
there a noisy "ding ding" on start but that can be turned off at with the music button
can somebody look at it?

http://rapidshare.com/files/370467491/Bnet0.4.231.rar.html

I don't know what that is, but I recommend you don't download it. That is *NOT* from CodeGen.

For the last time, they are not done yet, and they are not working on an Emulator. Anything that comes out "claiming" it's from CodeGen is not from them.

Rain[sun]

Have a shred of common sense, if its not theirs and claims to be theres a 99.9% chances its malicious; nobody would waste their time posing as a different team if it wasn't.
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

DrunkenPirate

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 30, 2010, 02:25:51 PM
They are creating LAN/TCP-IP for SC2. Apparently I can't say any more though otherwise people think I'm advertising them.

sorry for sounding like a noob but if they are working on this LAN/TCP-IP program and it ends up working out, does that mean i can finally 1vs1 my friend that's sitting next to me? instead of playing "who can kill the computer the fastest.."
Pirate 4 Life

Gamewiz

Quote from: DrunkenPirate on March 31, 2010, 07:25:38 PM
They are creating LAN/TCP-IP for SC2. Apparently I can't say any more though otherwise people think I'm advertising them.

sorry for sounding like a noob but if they are working on this LAN/TCP-IP program and it ends up working out, does that mean i can finally 1vs1 my friend that's sitting next to me? instead of playing "who can kill the computer the fastest.."

Yes. Currently it will support up to 4 players. So say if you host it, you can have three friends join you and can beat the hell out of each other. Or have you and your friend team up against the computer as well.

SupraDoom

This would be a dream come true. Exactly how close is close? No time frames?

Gamewiz

Quote from: SupraDoom on March 31, 2010, 11:23:00 PM
This would be a dream come true. Exactly how close is close? No time frames?

Unfortunately I cannot accurately give you a time frame. Feel free to examine those screenshots provided to get a good idea of where the progress is. Also, the bulk of the actual program is done, it's really just a matter of gathering all the packets, and ironing out bugs. And at the rate the team is progressing, it might be done sooner than you think.

eggs9

by the time theyre done with this battle.net emulation. starcraft 2 is coming out in retail which is JUNE 9 folks............... thats right thats official JUNE 9 2010....................

ThePassingShadow

DrunkenPirate

Yes. Currently it will support up to 4 players. So say if you host it, you can have three friends join you and can beat the hell out of each other. Or have you and your friend team up against the computer as well.

Aw man i hope your right..I've been waiting to play against a human player in starcraft 2 for so long T_T
Pirate 4 Life

Ceron

If i may ask... How come units/spells bugs?
the game as it is, is playable without bugs(we play vs ai with no problem)
What is the reason for bugs to be in this project?
I thought they worked on making a connection, to make a bridge for others to connect to.
the limit of 4 players... there should no reason to be a limit, as you can open more connection slots.

The game it self does not have bugs, if you Imagen a planet protected by a protoss shield as the game, i understand you could need to make holes in the shield to make connections to other planets, and that could disrupt the flow inside the planet.

Could i know the reason for bugs?

monkit

Quote from: Ceron on April 01, 2010, 03:47:32 AM
I thought they worked on making a connection, to make a bridge for others to connect to.
the limit of 4 players... there should no reason to be a limit, as you can open more connection slots.

The game it self does not have bugs, if you Imagen a planet protected by a protoss shield as the game, i understand you could need to make holes in the shield to make connections to other planets, and that could disrupt the flow inside the planet.

We vs AI is a lan connection. We vs another player on another computer is a different case. Never heard of the 4 players limit though, but should be able to have more as time progress. Let me quote you an example to ur phrase.

Example:

I am at work, suppose to pass you an information that you have to finish up project A before project B. I call you via telephone. (The connection that you decribed as a bridge).

So you picked up the telephone. But I don't talk at all, thus it failed. (bridge established, but where is the info?)

The programming team now is trying to make sure you pass on the FULL data to the receiver, but it ain't that easy as I can leave out a few points during phone conversation and create misunderstandings between the caller and the receiver. And those misunderstandings are thus the bugs.

and for your current AI vs yourself is just like talking to yourself in the mirror.

jyim89

Quote from: monkit on April 01, 2010, 05:06:03 AM
Quote from: Ceron on April 01, 2010, 03:47:32 AM

We vs AI is a lan connection. We vs another player on another computer is a different case. Never heard of the 4 players limit though, but should be able to have more as time progress. Let me quote you an example to ur phrase.

Example:

I am at work, suppose to pass you an information that you have to finish up project A before project B. I call you via telephone. (The connection that you decribed as a bridge).

So you picked up the telephone. But I don't talk at all, thus it failed. (bridge established, but where is the info?)

The programming team now is trying to make sure you pass on the FULL data to the receiver, but it ain't that easy as I can leave out a few points during phone conversation and create misunderstandings between the caller and the receiver. And those misunderstandings are thus the bugs.

and for your current AI vs yourself is just like talking to yourself in the mirror.

I was actually wondering the same thing but this is a great explanation.  Thanks.  :D

RagingPolarBear

Basically I guess bnet encodes the unit orders and sends them to the client machines in a different format than the original machine sends them.

So what you send to bnet can't simply be forwarded to all the client machines connected to a game, it has to be translated into something a client machine can receive. Probably this is to better detect map hackers, or possibly just to make it harder to reverse engineer a bnet server.