Tarren Unit: Hellion

Started by e2e, April 01, 2010, 09:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e2e

i had been play for ZvT/P for recently... i like zerg because it spawns creeps faster than other 2 races, however, i meet a pro player than pwn me on 18 min = =

by using mass hellion and murdarer, my hydralisk and zergling die, w/in 10 sec... sound crazy...

here is my question : hellion (small unit that spam fire) should be very weak and most of the replay, i din even see people build this unit, but how does this hellion can clear up my lings so fast @@? does the hellion do splash damage on it's fire?

pls post some youtube video about hellion if available to classific the truth, thank you

Timid_Turtler

hellions hit where the fire lands, they can hit looooots of your lings in a single shot if they are lined up. Hellions absolutely murder most light units, are cheap, very fast, and only need 1 real upgrade to be effective. In TvZ, Hellions are the early work force.

Hero_Lief

Pretty much as noted.
Hellions suck, however, against roaches that AREN'T bundled up. Surround the hellions if possible.
Of course, you could also just use some air (mutalisks), because hellions cannot attack air.

berrykerry789

hellions are good if the person your playing is just dumb, and doesnt tech beyond zerglings, roaches, and hydralisks. 
Carrier Has Arrived...

Hero_Lief

^ trufax. Especially when you hellion rush them with like 8 hellions. Which really is a weak force, but they can't take it.

iLLu

It's like the original Starcraft man: Firebats destroy zerglings. The Hellion is a Firebat on wheels, basically.

berrykerry789

hellion is like a vulture without spidermines, and is so noob friendly to micro...
Carrier Has Arrived...

RagingPolarBear

Well lets see, you're shocked that a unit designed to counter light units slaughtered your army composed of only light units...

I don't get it.