Valkirie 0.28 - Start Locations

Started by LazyFly, April 02, 2010, 02:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazyFly

So I know that I'm not the only one who was having issues with start locations not appearing on minimap previews on 0.27- I just updated to 0.28 and was hoping this issue would be resolved but it does not appear so.

Is there something specific that needs to be done in order for these to show up / function properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KillMasterCZ

Hmm, yea. As i said:
QuoteIts kinda weird. I installed exactly the same version to exactly same   place and put the maps to exactly same place on my and my friends   computer. We also have the same operating system (windows 7 x64). Still,   he has the starting location numbers there and i dont.  ???
,so it not depends on what you do, its probably some hardware problem, like only some graphic cards display it or something...

Artanis186

Yup, all the update did was add a greedy little Donate button at the bottom left... (but maybe that was already there, idk). I'm not donating to something that makes promises of fixes on multiple occasions and doesn't deliver.

Valkirie

Quote from: Artanis186 on April 02, 2010, 05:42:16 AM
Yup, all the update did was add a greedy little Donate button at the bottom left... (but maybe that was already there, idk). I'm not donating to something that makes promises of fixes on multiple occasions and doesn't deliver.

Changelog 0.28
- Minimap preview fixed.
- New way of getting AppData folder (Should fix a lot of bugs).
- "The file xxx already exists" error fixed.

As you can see the only remaining bug is the minimap points one. I made some test localy:

- WinXP SP3: Working
- WinXP SP2: Working
- Win7 : Working

Both try was on differents computer with differents materials, so far, i don't know why it bug on some computers. ATI ? NVIDIA ? DIRECTX ? NET FRAMEWORK ? VBREDIST ?

juboaku

Redneck

i have this problem too i am running win7 64 bit, nvida 240m card

unclean

Same here, Nvidia using the starcraft beta drivers, Win7 x64.

Kakaru

badboy91

LazyFly

RAW-BERRY

Windows 7 64-bit w/ ATI Radeon HD 4850 GPU

KillMasterCZ

I have Nvidia 9800, win 7 x64 , newest framework, directX 11beta (but updated from 10 yesterday, so its not the beta problem). My friend (i talked about, its working for him) has some labtop with exactly same win as me (from same cd), but dont know the rest bout him.

KillMasterCZ

I have Nvidia 9800, win 7 x64 , newest framework, directX 11beta (but   updated from 10 yesterday, so its not the beta problem). My friend (i   talked about, its working for him) has some labtop with exactly same win   as me (from same cd), but dont know the rest bout his pc.

KillMasterCZ

sry, doublepost.  :o Pls delete the first one.

Vernam7

nothing to do with VGA dudes!

and because i am large i am telling you that the location is not a vga issue, i faced it my self and i fixed it for my 5.7.1. works in all systems so far.

i will not tell you straignt away what the solution is cause i have done it before with correct Start Spawn locations, and i didnt even got a simple THANK YOU!

so the star location issue has a fix in language settings! i cant tell anything more i said it many time before who ever read read.-

and this time when you fix it at least say a small thank you Doesnt Heart! ;-)

and because this is told many many times and you have a single post to talk about this launcer's bugs, plz dont start a new topic for each bug! we will be filled! this is not how forums work.

so i am locking this down ;-)