LAN games

Started by Cosma_Nonstop, April 04, 2010, 03:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosma_Nonstop

when you try to create a lan game it doesnt find any maps.if we knew where Blizzard puts the maps we could copy-paste our maps to that folder or zip them all in one file(depending on what way does Blizzard loads the maps),run the game and if it loads them we can create a custom lan game.The question is from where Blizzard loads the maps? :bangshead:

mineisbigger

Quote from: Cosma_Nonstop on April 04, 2010, 03:25:56 PM
when you try to create a lan game it doesnt find any maps.if we knew where Blizzard puts the maps we could copy-paste our maps to that folder or zip them all in one file(depending on what way does Blizzard loads the maps),run the game and if it loads them we can create a custom lan game.The question is from where Blizzard loads the maps? :bangshead:

its not that easy and they know where the maps are at they in the cache folder

MiCrOMaN1

lmfao we already tried...the maps are in the cache folder. There is already a topic like this. Lots of them.
Our Greatest Resource is Our Mind ~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Check this: http://img123.exs.cx/img123/4497/gif1.gif

dodongbadong

what doyou mean by lan game?

LAN tcp/ip already out?  :o

you can get maps through downloading this Starcraft2 Cache+map and its there cache/00/11/

and it is save under
user/appdata/local/blizzard entertainment/battlenet
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

Rain[sun]

Quick question, do you think Blizz would have made it that easy?
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Cosma_Nonstop

if the maps are in the cache folder then why it doesnt load the maps?i think the maps in the cache folder
are for the replays.Blizzard must load the maps from somewhere else.

Roger911

Quote from: Rain[sun] on April 04, 2010, 06:27:33 PM
Quick question, do you think Blizz would have made it that easy?

One can dream can he not?  ;)

treckin

Quote from: Cosma_Nonstop on April 05, 2010, 04:27:25 AM
if the maps are in the cache folder then why it doesnt load the maps?i think the maps in the cache folder
are for the replays.Blizzard must load the maps from somewhere else.

I mean, I am a programming moron, but this seems like a totally valid question, and one that I have wondered for  a while.

Qualculus

blyind420

no you cannot play lan, blizzard has stated more than once there will be NO LAN FEATURE for starcraft 2, there reason is to avoid pirates playing multiplayer through hamachi or some like service.
can't blame them really...they worked years on this game and they want to make a large profit. ;)
www.KnockoutIncense.com
Top Quality, Great Prices!