Green Tea AI 0.56

Started by ptanhkhoa, April 05, 2010, 09:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Race you think needed to improving ?

Zerg
38 (57.6%)
Terran
17 (25.8%)
Protoss
11 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

ptanhkhoa

With commander system, every time you play, the AI will use different strategy.
Notice:
_ You must see welcome screen " Green Tea AI 0.x version", otherwise it is not working. It should be only one folder inside the AI/Mods folder
For example: + /AI/GreenTea Ai/ Trigger Libs.
+ not /AI/Green Tea AI/ Green Tea AI/ Trigger Libs

Version Explain:

Green Tea AI 0.55, edit some difficulty
Very Easy : 10 minutes countdown, the AI won't attack you in these time. APM limit 300.
Easy : Don't using micro. Show Commander name
Medium : Using Micro ( like evade storm, burrow,.... ), hide commander name, no limit APM. ( Best non-cheat AI ).
Hard : The harvest rate increase from 1 to 1.5 times in 10 minutes. After that remaining at 1.5 times.
Very Hard : The harvest rate increase from 1 to 2.0 times in 10 minutes. After that remaining at 2.0 times.
Insane : Very powerful Boss AI ( 2.0 harvest rate at the start ).

Insane AI
Starcraft 2 GT AI PvZ.avi

Medium AI
Starcraft 2 GT AI TvP (Medium).avi

Green Tea AI 0.51
_ Force field ability modified target.
_ Some fix about changing commander.
_ The HR rate now display to Minerals and Gas, so you can know exactly the mining rate of AI in very hard / insane mode

Green Tea 0.4 beta

_ Force field ability modified target.
_ Some fix about changing commander.
_ The HR rate now display to Minerals and Gas, so you can know exactly the mining rate of AI in very hard / insane mode

_ Expansion now working better. Normal will be 3 expansion, only   expand at the 4 mines when the first one almost out of minerals.
_   Transport working : AI will transport the harvester to the island or   transport units to attacking enemy if there is no ground access
_ Infestor will burrow when moving.
_ Ghost and Banshee will permanent Cloak when be attacked.
Compatible with the difficulty setting of SC2AllInOne.
Very Easy: APM 300
Easy : APM 600
_ Reveal commander name
_ No Micro ( evade storm, hit & run )
* The very easy and easy ai will reveal the commander name at the   beginning. So you can practice and build counter for each commander.
Medium: APM 900
Hard : No limit
_ Hide commander name
* These like the standard version of Green Tea, enough all feature,   the Medium AI have reduce APM so it can be easier for longterm when   there are many units.
Very Hard: Slow bonus harvest rate
Insane : Fast bonus harvest rate
* These are cheating resources like the Green Racer AI, the different   is very hard AI have slower cheating race compare to Insane.

GreenTea 0.47d:
_ 2 commander for Zerg Race :
  Mole : Standard 14 pool
  Mouse : Zerg Rush 6 pool
_ CreepTumor build ( testing ) : the AI will starting build Creeptumor and make it spam on the map ( will stop if it reach a wall )

At the end of the match, the Commander will reveal their name.

Installation Step
You can use this AI for SC2Launcher of Zocx or SCALLInOne of Vernam as well
When using SC2 Launcher of Zocx:
Link: SC2 Launcher
_ Extract folder GreenTeaAI into /Mod folder.
_ Delete all the file in the /Plugin folder,
_ Select the latest patch
_ Choose FreeForALL mode only.

When using SC2 AllinOne of Vernam:
Link: SC2 All In One
_ Copy GreenTeaAI to AI/ folder

_ Choose OtherAI in Difficulty and select GreenTeaAI 0.45

Phobia

very nice, thank you.
just one question. if im using normal (which says 1.5x next to it), my enemy willl have 1.5x resource's or its just symbolic ?
and another question, i opened the file, and i found the trigger libs folder inside, and two files. what do i do with those ?

ptanhkhoa

I make some updates to make the Zerg attack at late game.

@Phobia: Yup. normal the enemy will have 1.5x resources to give it on pair with human.
   You don't needs these 2 files (it created by my C++ Program). Just copy all 3 folder to the mods folder from the launcher of Zocx

http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcraft-ii-launcher/

Phobia

oh, ok
isnt there any good ai that has resources like i have ? cause im pretty good, its just that they are comming with a force too big for me to stop, cause they got way more resources.

ptanhkhoa

Maybe you can try the easy one :) . You know that the AI is very "stupid", if you choose race like Terran, and turtle up with siege tank, the AI still attack carelessly not like human. So it better to have handicap for computer and people can use there skill to win them even with less army.

For everyone who tested my AI, can you give some advice to make them better? The weakness of the race Zerg, Terran or Protoss ( in any version ) ? I really appreciate it and help me to improving my Ai better .

mikezter

Hi there,
i would like to request your help. I try to play this AI but on map start it instantly shows "TIED!" and neither me nor the computer have any units.

I placed Triggerlibs in Mods Folder and used StarCraft II Launcher 2.3.1 © Zoxc 2010

Thank you

Phobia

Quote from: mikezter on April 06, 2010, 12:51:57 PM
Hi there,
i would like to request your help. I try to play this AI but on map start it instantly shows "TIED!" and neither me nor the computer have any units.

I placed Triggerlibs in Mods Folder and used StarCraft II Launcher 2.3.1 © Zoxc 2010

Thank you
look, im good at sc2, its just i wanna get ready for the internet multi player, so im looking for a hard 1x none cheating ai.  im not a noob, im playing very good and i got some good strategys.

ev-

@mikezter: You need a subfolder with the name of the AI (eg. GT 0.4)

I have to agree with phobia.
The cheating version do not represent a normal player since rushes and eco harrasment wont work in the same way as they should!

I also just want a non-cheating resource handling AI which plays with its resources at full potential!
Stepping on the path of the cheating AIs is just the easier way. Too easy.

green tea was on the right path with its very nice resource handling, but i just dont enjoy the cheating versions...
Its just a zerging map to me then (which isnt easy to beat, but not what the regular player here wishes...).

Please go back to the non-cheating version or at least bring out a non(or semi!) cheating version that uses its full potential!

Dont misunderstand me! I like your AI very much ;)

ptanhkhoa

@Phobia : Included in my package also the non-cheating version, maybe you can try it out and give some feedback for me to improving it ( the weakness of the AI).
@ev- : This also my aim, for providing the non-cheating version which can give some difficulty for player. But  it need to improve some of the micro problem, otherwise it still should receive some bonus resources.

In the current version now ( included the non-cheat one )  the AI can :
     _ Have almost upgrade Research ( included the VoidRay Speed, Battle Cruiser Skill, Ultralisk Armor & Speed )
     _ 2 different main strategy for each race ( but will still vary depend how opponent build to counter with it )
        + Terran : 1. 3M strategy ( Marine, Marauder & Medic ) ( useful against Zerg )
                         2. Tank & Mech  ( useful agains Terran & Protoss )
        + Zerg : 1. All around approach ( will build every bulding and build unit counter to the enemy )
                      2. Mainly ground approach ( the aim is to tech fast to Ultralisk, so ignore Air unit, it will build Hyralisk to counter Air unit instead )
                     I also try to use fast Multalisk but it not effective, because it cost gas too much, will research it later in the next version
        + Protoss : 1. Zealot rush at the begining + tech fast to get Collosus + Voidray ( useful against terran & Protoss )
                           2. Teching fast to get Darktemplar Rush + Hightemlar with Pristorm + Voidray
                    ( 2 strategy above will get Mothership & Carrier at late game, and adding some Phoenix if the opponent build air unit )
       Attack depend on how your style, if you turtle too much, it will saving resources and try to expand and get huge army to overcome your defense. ( The Darktemplar rush will be different case )
      While if the opponet focus on building unit & attack, it will build defense and will revenge back after the attack ( when the opponent army is weaker )
     _ When it attack, it often divided army, the smaller one with try to diversion the enemy, while the main force will attack. But when needing, if will gather all the army for one strike.
    You can watch the replay to see how the opponent doing, and if something wrong with it, feedback for me.

What I getting close now for the next version is :
       _ Adding more strategy, ofcourse
       _ Terran CAN USE NUKE ( so adding another defense style & using nuke approach for terran )
       _ Try to make the Roach burrowing and moving to attack, when it closed to die, it will burrow again unless it detect that the enemy has some detector unit.
       _ The more human style attacking for the Terran, like this :
            When they attacking & getting close to the enemy base. It will not attack yet, and get range far from the enemy defense and try to using tank siege. The marine just sit close to the tank to protect it and not attack unless the opponent defense is weaker & even having some scv with them to build some bunker or repair the Tank.

The Aim for longterm :
     _ Make the AI that CAN REALLY LEARNING after it defeating. It will stored the build style, mixing of the player in one file. The next time it fight, it will try to using the same strategy at that player ( if it choose the same race of that strategy ), or if find out that person using the same strategy again, will build counter unit to that strategy.
    _ So everytime you play, you will get one file that contain the strategy, you can uploaded it to me and i will make the larger database file that contain, maybe 10 strategy for each race which get highest winning rating.
And the database will be improving at more player playing my AI
   ( This is seem theoretical, but that my aiming for the longterm ).

ev-

Awesome news!

Was a bit afraid that you cat wanted to make  a Ubbermassing monster AI :D
Looking forward to future matches against your AI!

able1214

Hey, just wanna know, u said it's a non-cheatin version, does it cheat on vision?

ptanhkhoa

it still cheat on the vision  to get the exact quantity number of the opponent.

Shadow

Very nice AI. Beat the latest version of Strategy and GhostAi is easy for me, but this Ai surprised me, it realy good! Nice work man!
Im from Russia. Sorry for my broken english.

Shadow

I played a few games for protoss against terran. Ai is realy very strong, most of the games i lost to him. He build strong army, research upgrades, harras and expantion action is very good. My dream come true, i saw Raven in game!

But i think i found bug. I destroy their CC by VoidRay and he didt rebuild it. Also he dont repair buildings. I think he had no resourse for rebuild CC and repair buldings, but i cant see it on replays (I cant see replays on Lost Temple map). Maybe someone check this???
And when he attack me and have advantage (he can kill me without problem), i attack he base by VoidRay and he led away army. I think this must be fixed, maybe some changes in attack code? I think IA must understand that he has the advantage.

Anyway, this Strong and smart AI, play with him a pleasure for me and i thanks the author for the undertaken work.
Im from Russia. Sorry for my broken english.

ptanhkhoa

For the repair thing, you need to include this "gamedata folder" in the same trigger libs folder. (For ex, the GT0.4 folder should have 2 folder : Gamedata & TriggerLibs ). I am reworking on the attack function again, to get the priority to choose between protect the base  or contiune attack the enemy base, or even divided up the army ( smaller one will protect the base while the rest continue attack). Thx advance for testing & feed back for me :) .