Green Tea AI 0.56

Started by ptanhkhoa, April 05, 2010, 09:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Race you think needed to improving ?

Zerg
38 (57.6%)
Terran
17 (25.8%)
Protoss
11 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

M1cha84

First of all: Thank you for this great AI! I rly love it!!!

My question is, is the Dark Tea AI cheating with resources? I cannot believe what an incredible amount of units is rolling in my direction sometimes. I tried to google an answer but couldnt find any.  :(
And if 'yes', is there a way to modify it in a way it wont have more resources than a human player?

Shadow

AI NOT cheating with resourse. He only have maphack.
Im from Russia. Sorry for my broken english.

ptanhkhoa

Make a new version GreenTea 0.47d for testing Zerg Race, let me know what you think about 2 new commander of Zerg and where to improve.

_ Creep Tumor build system, AI will starting to spam creeptumor on the map but will stop when it reach a wall.
_ Advance Roach burrow system : AI will try to attack and burrow to regenerate health for Roach.

Kagie

I've palyed few games with GreanTea AI 0.47c and I've noticed that harvesters didn't run away or attack when you forcing them with, for example, group of zerglings. In 0.47 version they did. There also some strange behavior in all versions I've played (0.47, 0.47c) - when AI has natural expansion, and opponent started forcing it (destroing base and killing harvesters) then harvesters from main still coming to gather resources from natural. Of course the all died. So after destroing natural there are only few harvesters left in main. Saving as many harvesters as it is possible is very critical. But in other at early states of game when your opponent rushing with similar size of army as yours but relatively small, then taking your nearest harvester to help counter this attack can dramatically change the result of battle. Maybe you lost few of them but saves some primary units. Of course it isn't worth on some types of unit like bannelings, reapers or hellions.

I think this is a weakest point of your AI - defence at early stages of game, countering rush strategies. Honestly it is hardest as well. Especially for AI ;) There are so many different situation...

Cheers and good luck with improving your AI. I'll give more feedback soon :)

sopen55

download 0.47d. the harvesters run away when the enemy's army is greater than the ai's defending units, ive played about 10 games vs terran (while i use zerg) and i have only won 2 games. :'( but for the first time i have gotten to hive tech before 12mins! ;D the ai is great keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

edit:
ow the units harvesting attack in this ai.
@ptanhkhoa - in one of my games, the terran ai perfectly walled his ramp, but it happened after 3 depots were beside his barracks. i cannot provide a screenshot, i forgot sorry but it was great!! if you could make it do the wall earlier it would be perfect!  ;)

soclever

First off I'd like to thank you for putting in the time and effort to make an AI.  That being said, I can't make it work >_< the AI acts like it's going to do something at the start, goes to about 10 workers on any race, makes a building or two, then stops production of everything.  I sat an overlord over its base, it went to 10 workers, had a gas/gate/cyber, then didn't do anything but mine for about 5 minutes.  After that it moved every single worker to the 1 gas node, made a single chrono'd zealot and attacked.  10 minutes later it did the same thing with a single stalker.  I didn't make any attacks at its base, just watched for a while.  I've tried launching with both sc2allin 9.6.6 and sc2launcher 2.3.1.  I've also tried vers .47 of both green and darktea, and just tried it again with .47d.  I know the AI can do better then this by just reading the comments you've been getting on it, just can't figure out why mine won't.   If it makes a difference, the starcrack AI 6.1.1 works fine for me, but I heard yours was the best.  Please help!

Chriamon

Quote from: soclever on June 19, 2010, 05:26:45 PM
First off I'd like to thank you for putting in the time and effort to make an AI.  That being said, I can't make it work >_< the AI acts like it's going to do something at the start, goes to about 10 workers on any race, makes a building or two, then stops production of everything.  I sat an overlord over its base, it went to 10 workers, had a gas/gate/cyber, then didn't do anything but mine for about 5 minutes.  After that it moved every single worker to the 1 gas node, made a single chrono'd zealot and attacked.  10 minutes later it did the same thing with a single stalker.  I didn't make any attacks at its base, just watched for a while.  I've tried launching with both sc2allin 9.6.6 and sc2launcher 2.3.1.  I've also tried vers .47 of both green and darktea, and just tried it again with .47d.  I know the AI can do better then this by just reading the comments you've been getting on it, just can't figure out why mine won't.   If it makes a difference, the starcrack AI 6.1.1 works fine for me, but I heard yours was the best.  Please help!

That sounds like the behavior of the default AI. You probably didn't install the AIs correctly, and were just launching your maps with default AI.

ptanhkhoa

Here come the GreenTea 0.47e with fix some bug:
_ Will reveal their name when die early
_ Stop send worker to expand when their is enemy near expand.
_ Better CreepTumor build

soclever

Quote from: Chriamon on June 19, 2010, 07:51:43 PM
Quote from: soclever on June 19, 2010, 05:26:45 PM

That sounds like the behavior of the default AI. You probably didn't install the AIs correctly, and were just launching your maps with default AI.

That's what I was thinking too but the starcrack AI works just fine in both launchers and I followed all the directions in the OP :(

ptanhkhoa

Put this "ai" folder in All in One folder (overwrite the old one ), need to use on the official maps.

soclever

Quote from: ptanhkhoa on June 20, 2010, 01:29:46 AM
Put this "ai" folder in All in One folder (overwrite the old one ), need to use on the official maps.

You're my hero, worked like a charm <3

youyou

OboNet

Thanks for the AI it is the best out there now.
It really needs to counter your build in the next versions

Off-topic:
Why is everyone moving away from this forum? i really like this better than the others, it is much more easy to use.  :(

sopen55

... i tested the 0.47e ai by having them fight with themselves. zvt. the creep tumor placement of the queen is excellent but there is a slight problem. when the terran ai attacks and the queen's energy makes the creep tumor ability available, the queen spawns the tumor first before attacking the intruders, thus only commits suicide. a minor bug but hopefully it will get fixed. overall the ai is great! :thumbsup:

Kakaru

Thanks a lot ptanhkhoa for your dedication.

I have a small request:
Can we get a small txt file [or post] with a short description of each commander (7+6+6). I'd like to have this summary.