Winner March 2010

Started by Myst, April 07, 2010, 06:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst

Well ladies and gents, it was a tough competition for our first SC2 Beta key contest.  All the submissions were great and it was a tough choice picking just one winner.   I narrowed it down to 4 choices that could have won it, but I had to pick just one. 

<<<< AND THE WINNER IS >>>>

totocows (View Entry)
He spent a lot of time creating a great video showcasing his editing skills and film making skills; the music used was well thought out and fit with the multiple SC related videos to create a sort of musical pictorial starcraft masterpiece.   Plus he made such a nerdy video showcasing numerous amounts of SC related books which he bought and enjoys reading.  So not only does he love the game but he actually spends time reading all the little books that have been made for it.   Quite a fan.  Congrats totocows and to everyone else that was part of our first contest.  Hell of a lot of skills this community has.

404 Not Found
Video16.wmv

Honorable Mentions:
enjoikr3w (View Entry)
MinusTheVolta (View Entry)
Deagle (View Entry)

ringlas
Manichean
[mrn]
masky007
Nissep
Hero_Lief
drowsemight
gardenofaiur
Kerem

MinusTheVolta

Congrats to totocows.    :thumbsup:

at least I was close  :-[

enjoikr3w

Hero_Lief

Wait, so are we getting a new logo by a runner-up since the winner did contest 3, not contest 1?

Myst

what?
Nothing in the rules/regulations ever stated that the winning image entry would ever be used.  It was merely a entry category so people with those types of skills to apply amongst the other categories. 

However it is a very good chance that some of the banners and logo's made will be used.  I'm even thinking of a cron script where it changes the images / banners to different ones every couple hours or days or something.

Nissep

Congratulations.

Yay got honorable mention at least :)

totocows

WOW!!!!! Thank you so much man. THIS reallly means a lot to me. Not only did i get the beta key but you made me feal like a pro editor. GOD I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jig:

[mrn]

MinusTheVolta

Quotewhat?
Nothing in the rules/regulations ever stated that the winning   image entry would ever be used.  It was merely a entry category so   people with those types of skills to apply amongst the other   categories. 

However it is a very good chance that some of the   banners and logo's made will be used.  I'm even thinking of a cron   script where it changes the images / banners to different ones every   couple hours or days or something.

Not to be rude but the whole point of this competition was to win a beta key.  Sure, it would be cool to have my banner up on your site, but in my eyes, if I didnt win I dont want my stuff bein used.   

Eragon

Meh ... Have this video something todo with the subject of the contest : "Tell us why you want to have a StarCraft II key" ????

I don't think so.... Anyway, i hope you'll lose your first 20 matches online .....

Deagle

Congrats to totocows. I was quite close also... :(

MinusTheVolta

QuoteMeh ... Have this video something todo with the subject of the contest : "Tell us why you want to have a StarCraft II key" ????

I don't think so.... Anyway, i hope you'll lose your first 20 matches online .....

........... wat?

Hero_Lief

Quote from: Myst on April 07, 2010, 08:04:26 PM
what?
Nothing in the rules/regulations ever stated that the winning image entry would ever be used.  It was merely a entry category so people with those types of skills to apply amongst the other categories. 

However it is a very good chance that some of the banners and logo's made will be used.  I'm even thinking of a cron script where it changes the images / banners to different ones every couple hours or days or something.

Well, we should be able to choose what banner we want under our settings/options, and there could be some available banners from these entries or something. I dunno, just a cool thought.

rehvan77

In a contest there will be a winner and there will be losers...

People need to stop being douches and suck it up!

Congrats and I hope you enjoy the beta as much as I have been!

Myst

Congrats to totocows once again.   

Stay tune for the next contest!