Humanik V1.0.0

Started by AlsoKnownAs, April 09, 2010, 09:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlsoKnownAs

whoamI, good observation there  ;) , however that is one of the build flags which specify the builders to build surrounding the main base or resources (technically, c_nearResource, c_nearChokePoint or some other flag; my point is, it still rely on the flags given/predefined), if you do observe more, you will realize that it builds in the same pattern, no where near the slope/ramp.

SuXue

Quote from: AlsoKnownAs on April 16, 2010, 10:43:25 AM
whoamI, good observation there  ;) , however that is one of the build flags which specify the builders to build surrounding the main base or resources (technically, c_nearResource, c_nearChokePoint or some other flag; my point is, it still rely on the flags given/predefined), if you do observe more, you will realize that it builds in the same pattern, no where near the slope/ramp.

In principle, one can scan the tiles (yes, i remember this is possible), then create an order for the probe to execute it.

whoamI

So, one can use 'c_nearResource' to create a box around the comm center-recource line, can't he do the same with 'c_nearChokePoint'? I don't understand this..

suxue if someone can scan tiles can't he order the probe to place buildings in certain tiles?

Chriamon

Quote from: whoamI on April 16, 2010, 11:52:40 AM
So, one can use 'c_nearResource' to create a box around the comm center-recource line, can't he do the same with 'c_nearChokePoint'? I don't understand this..

suxue if someone can scan tiles can't he order the probe to place buildings in certain tiles?

The build flags "c_nearResource" and "c_nearChokePoint" are predefined, and will not work with "tile scanning." I think what SuXue is saying is that you can define a point which is where you want the building to build, and the terrain is pathable, and other such conditions (would be incredibly complicated to do so, and it probably wouldn't even work on every map in the same way,) and then build the building at the defined point.

AlsoKnownAs

QuoteIn principle, one can scan the tiles (yes, i remember this is possible), then create an order for the probe to execute it.

True that we can scan points and tiles to validate whether buildings can be placed through one the function's test, and if such order (e.g. order = build a building at some specific point, or etc.) can be created and executed, it would be invaluable for us AI developers.

Humanik V1.0.1 Update:

1. Sentry will cast Guardian Shield correctly and will not waste them like in the previous video posted.
2. Sentry will cast Force Field to block narrow paths, preventing a larger force of ground enemies from attacking you; hence buying time to mass your own army.
3. Stalker will blink backward to prevent damage during combat and forward when enemies are retreating.
4. Humanik will be released by this month or so, patience  :cheers: .

qwertyq

Why have you posted this topic here? This is AI scripts 'Got a new AI you just made? Found a new AI not on here? Share with the rest of us here!' Which implies you have a release. It'd be better if this topic was in AI development. Just sayin'

AlsoKnownAs

QuoteWhy have you posted this topic here? This is AI scripts 'Got a new AI  you just made? Found a new AI not on here? Share with the rest of us  here!' Which implies you have a release. It'd be better if this topic  was in AI development. Just sayin'

Haha, you're right pal  :thumbsup: . The purpose of me creating this post is to keep you guys updated and when the time is correct, our team would eventually release it under this thread.

Some updates:
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-development/humanik-(ai)-updates-features-suggestions/

darka

Is this project forsaken?