I got scammed :(

Started by iTipTop, April 12, 2010, 08:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iTipTop

I was buying a key from someone here (don't remember the usename) and anyway I got screwed out of 45 bucks. Really, really sucks so just wish to warn you guys be careful who you trade with here.

darkshark

Quote from: iTipTop on April 12, 2010, 08:04:11 PM
I was buying a key from someone here (don't remember the usename) and anyway I got screwed out of 45 bucks. Really, really sucks so just wish to warn you guys be careful who you trade with here.

paypal? you could always demand a refund or something.. all is not lost. and
never trust anyone you cant punch in the face if they steal your account.

iTipTop

Quote from: darkshark on April 12, 2010, 08:10:47 PM
Quote from: iTipTop on April 12, 2010, 08:04:11 PM

paypal? you could always demand a refund or something.. all is not lost. and
never trust anyone you cant punch in the face if they steal your account.

Yeah it was PayPal, but the person told me to gift it so nothing would be deducted and like an idiot I did it. I never use PayPal so I didn't think it'd be any different, but unless it's Goods I can't do anything about it.

Yeah, I've learned my lesson about not trusting, I'm usually good at that anyway but I was so desperate for the beta I just went in and did it without thinking.

DrunkenPirate

Sorry to hear you got scammed =( i would send you a key to make you feel better but alas i don't have any T_T hope we get in beta soon
Pirate 4 Life

Myst

Try to remember the user and check your paypal history and post their email here.

Enhancelogic

Serves you right for trying to buy a beta key.  I only wish you lost more money.