Aiur AI 2.0 alpha 12 (Protoss AI) (patch 10 compatible)

Started by SuXue, April 13, 2010, 12:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuXue

HOW TO USE:
1) Use SC2Launcher 2.3.1
2) Delete everything inside \Plugins\
3) Copy AI to \Mods\AI Name\TriggerLibs\
4) Select AI as Mod in the launcher

Remember to change maps when you see bugs. AIs will often behave differently (and come with different strengths) on different maps.

================================================================================================

Alpha 12 is out. Compatible with patch 10.

DO NOT mix it with any other AIs. Because all other AIs are NOT compatible with patch 10.

One issue: in patch 10 the new API won't move peons to expansions in many cases, which is terrible. I don't know any easy fixes.

================================================================================================

Alpha 9 is out. Better than ever. Comments are welcome.

Alpha 7 is out, with earlier and more effective attacks.

Fixed many issues, including the "never attack" bug.

I suggest using the 1.26x resources cheating version for best simulation of real-life players.

Alpha 4 is out, with new DT / HT / 4 Gateway openings, and many issues fixed.

Writing the HT opening is particularly tough, because AIs can't use HT very effectively.

Alpha 3 is out.

Much, much stronger, with 4 deadly openings.

Now the only thing that can easily stop it is extreme rush... I will try to deal with it later.

Alpha 2 is more like a benchmark AI for AI authors, nevertheless I think it's already fairly strong at current stage.

Protoss only, hence the name. Non-cheating, but with full-map vision for debugging issues.

There are 11 (yes, eleven) openings at the moment. All the timings and building orders are quite okay.

If you can survive the first wave then most likely you will win. On the other hand, the first wave will be quite interesting, as you will see  ;)

klaretos

Very good job, it sure is much harder than 0.32

I played 2 games, 1st game I lost and second I won but I was struggling. Here is the replay if you want to check

http://www.mediafire.com/?yoxx21myftz

my comments:

-Since it has full vision why does it make an observer first and then an immortal?
-At 11.53 a zealot attacks my main force and in front I have a marauder heavily wounded, the zealot chooses to attack the healthy one that was nearby and gets killed without killing my wounded marauder. Could you fix that?
-Sentries never used force field or guardian shield.

SuXue

Quote from: klaretos on April 13, 2010, 06:52:45 AM
-Since it has full vision why does it make an observer first and then an immortal?
-At 11.53 a zealot attacks my main force and in front I have a marauder heavily wounded, the zealot chooses to attack the healthy one that was nearby and gets killed without killing my wounded marauder. Could you fix that?
-Sentries never used force field or guardian shield.

Thanks for the feedback!

-because it won't be cheating in the future
-it's fixable, but the efforts won't worth it at the moment. basically one have to rewrite one whole routine
-make sure that you replace strategy ai's protoss.galaxy and then use the resulting ai. The guardian shield is really essential for that build and can make ground troops much stronger.

The alpha 2 version is still very buggy. Stay tuned! Hopefully alpha 3 will be 20% stronger.

ptanhkhoa

Great AI :thumbsup: , and the most is it can compatible for most AI, even my AI ^^. Eitherway, it still lose my Terran AI for most of the time. ( It can use Guardian Force & Forcefield in my AI ) because of these reason:
   _ Don't product probe frequently, sometimes it stop
   _ Some of the build aim for Tech so much that don't spend money for buying soldier, so easy to being rush.

Maybe your AI does not fully compatible with my AI. You can check it to see the result.  I'm attached the file below that contain your file in my AI, compare to you my Terran Ai only have 2 build style: Mech & Soldier ( it not using for versus protoss though because it only build Ghost in very late late game. )

SuXue

Quote from: ptanhkhoa on April 13, 2010, 10:11:19 AM
Great AI :thumbsup: , and the most is it can compatible for most AI, even my AI ^^. Eitherway, it still lose my Terran AI for most of the time. ( It can use Guardian Force & Forcefield in my AI ) :
   _ Don't product probe frequently, sometimes it stop
   _ Some of the build aim for Tech so much that don't spend money for buying soldier, so easy to being rush.
Maybe your AI does not fully compatible with my AI. You can check it to see the result.  I'm attached the file below, compare to you my Terran Ai only have 2 build style: Mech & Soldier ( it not using for versus protoss though because it only build Ghost in very late late game. )

Thanks! My target is to beat every single semi-cheating AI at 70+% probability in beta 1 on both PvT and PvZ, and I do have GreenTea in mind  ;)

You can use it to fix your AI's flaws, and that is the beauty of the single-file approach. The only drawback is one can't put ability code in it.

Chriamon

Nice release. One question, why obfuscate the code? I know there are those who would "steal" your code and use it as their own, but it would really help people learn if it were open source.

marine63

StubbornRock

Very well done. I suprisingly lost to the mixed army build(zealot,centries,stalker,immortal). It did not blindly expand like other AI, insteadly it built a large army that fend of my timing push, and crushed my army. The carrier rush isn't effective but it did freaked me out quiet a bit.
Because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence.

logo

Starcrack 7.02 (terran)  wins this ai easily.

StubbornRock

Quote from: logo on April 14, 2010, 07:06:32 AM
Starcrack 7.02 (terran)  wins this ai easily.
Have u tried this AI at all? Yes, starcrack is well known, but from my experience it is not as good as strategy and greentea. Plz keep in mind that this AI have 11 opening, if u are playing with a AI that is doing carrier rush then u are just lucky. This AI's ground force build is far more advance than any other AI i had played so far.

logo

QuoteHave u tried this AI at all? Yes, starcrack is well known, but from my   experience it is not as good as strategy and greentea. Plz keep in mind   that this AI have 11 opening, if u are playing with a AI that is doing   carrier rush then u are just lucky. This AI's ground force build is far   more advance than any other AI i had played so far.

I set 2 computer players Protoss (Aiur) vs Terran (Starcrack) and Starcrack wins . Aiur build a combination of zealots, sentry and stalker. He even upgraded armor... still starcrack was more agressive and wins in 15min. Try it yourself if you don't believe me.

Chriamon

Just tested it, like you said, starcrack 7.02 terran vs Auir, Toss won extremely quickly, went 2 fast collossi and won with first major push, starcrack had only marines. I left starcrack settings untouched, so starcrack likely didn't have vision, but still, your claims are likely false, and/or you incorrectly implemented auir AI.

(Note: I am talking about the alpha 2 build btw)

EDIT: Tried starcrack terran vs alpha 3 build, and it seems your claims are true. alpha 3 build appears to do the same build, and lose to mass marines w/ shield timing push.
EDIT2: changed map, starcrack STILL does mass marines w/ shield, wins vs carrier build.

Granted, this is an alpha build, and it isn't even really finished, but its nice to see an AI that does different BOs.

Note: when playing against this AI, most builds are simple to defeat, just defend until first push, and then counter push, and knowing that carrier cheese is a possibility, I never lack the AA to combat it. I haven't seen Auir expand, does it currently lack expansion logic?

Doix

Well, the function to expand is in there (taken from starcrack! yay :p). Don't know how well it is used... Looking through the code is a pain in the ass. If anyone wants to take a look, here it is with better indentation:

http://pastie.org/920124

AlsoKnownAs

replaced all the initial function names with cryptic names XD, hence to protect their codes :P

StubbornRock

Quote from: Chriamon on April 14, 2010, 02:41:48 PM
Just tested it, like you said, starcrack 7.02 terran vs Auir, Toss won extremely quickly, went 2 fast collossi and won with first major push, starcrack had only marines. I left starcrack settings untouched, so starcrack likely didn't have vision, but still, your claims are likely false, and/or you incorrectly implemented auir AI.

(Note: I am talking about the alpha 2 build btw)

EDIT: Tried starcrack terran vs alpha 3 build, and it seems your claims are true. alpha 3 build appears to do the same build, and lose to mass marines w/ shield timing push.
EDIT2: changed map, starcrack STILL does mass marines w/ shield, wins vs carrier build.

Granted, this is an alpha build, and it isn't even really finished, but its nice to see an AI that does different BOs.

Note: when playing against this AI, most builds are simple to defeat, just defend until first push, and then counter push, and knowing that carrier cheese is a possibility, I never lack the AA to combat it. I haven't seen Auir expand, does it currently lack expansion logic?
Yea, the AI that don't expand will lose to player who counter attack after its 1st wave. But an AI that expand will lose to agressive player that attack right when it was expanding and take advantage of its weak army.
This needs to be balanced out.