Scammers

Started by Myst, April 13, 2010, 09:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst

Be careful, there are a lot of individuals out there trying to scam you in order to get your money due to the SC2 craze. 
If you are making a deal to buy anything, make sure you save all logs and contact info for that person incase you do get scammed. 
Please post here of users on this site, with as much information about that person, that have scammed you in any ways. 
This way people can check this topic before going into deals with other members of the site.   

If you have any tips for people in regards to PayPal or other online transactions please post them here also.

Remember to review Paypal's dispute claim, as that is usually the main resource for purchasing online things.

TheDemigod

A member of this community named 'UnholyFox' tried to sell me a beta key wish I concluded to be quite fake through a combination of many things in the image he showed me. Be on the look out everyone!

starcrafter64

People should beware, paypal will not protect you in the purchase of a virtual item like a CD KEY/Email. If you use their dispute claim system, they will just rule in favor of the seller.

Been there. Done that.

Drew1231

The best advice on this subject is:

Patience, young grasshopper.

jyim89

Selling Starcraft II beta key for cheap!  For only $300 I will sell you a beta key.  Just send a check or cash and once I receive it,  I will send you the beta key if I get an invite from blizzard!

:D

Jimbo

300? Hah.

Just got mine on ebay this morning for $12

Drew1231

Anybody wanna buy a beta key? ;)

noob64healer

Quote from: Myst on April 13, 2010, 09:29:00 PM
Be careful, there are a lot of individuals out there trying to scam you in order to get your money due to the SC2 craze. 
If you are making a deal to buy anything, make sure you save all logs and contact info for that person incase you do get scammed. 
Please post here of users on this site, with as much information about that person, that have scammed you in any ways. 
This way people can check this topic before going into deals with other members of the site.   

If you have any tips for people in regards to PayPal or other online transactions please post them here also.

Remember to review Paypal's dispute claim, as that is usually the main resource for purchasing online things.

its quite similar happen to me last night, just be thankful that i read this before.
Stories are like fairy gold, the more you give away, the more you have. buy wow gold