starcraft 2 emulation progress

Started by Abe, April 14, 2010, 12:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aggressivEn00b

cyricc

in the first couple of posts there are multiple links, do you read?

But honestly why does no one mention the fact that he named his friend? or that his friend doesnt disconnect at the end of the game. Not to mention that this team also said that releasing a partial would be a dumb thing to do, yet they play on it themselves? if its that far along let the people play it to find out for themselves. imo this looks like bs, its not a battle.net emulator if all it does is connect 2 people in 1 game, and it doesnt even look like that other player is real, when would you even put in the name of some other person's account?

maddoxx

Quote from: Organized_Chaos link=topic=1677.msg16074#msg16074   date=1271427107
Actually, after watching it again, it seems like   maybe it WAS a game between two humans, only it was on the REAL Bnet.    They likely conned a beta key out of some poor unwitting people, and   with those accounts they're playing each other on bnet.  The friend icon   on the bottom right of the UI suggests it's likely on Bnet. 

Either   way, there are many ways to prove it's a real emu...and I saw nothing   to prove it.  The biggest red flag remains to be the fact that he had to   move the cursor off screen after clicking "Launch Starcraft II".    Clicking that button on the supposed emu clearly did nothing.
If it's fake why would they bother doing this video, why don't just they   vanish? They already have the keys, and it's not like they're asking   for more.
  But more important, who the f*** cares? When the time comes will see if   it's fake or not, until then I couldn't care less.

emylgoth

Another intriguing thing is that when he pushes the launch button, he's not releasing the click and, instead, he is dragging the mouse down and it can be saw that the button could be released because of moving off it. That manoeuvre on buttons, in general, is canceling the command (if that button has one).
This match is HvH, that is indubitable, because of lags ("waiting for player") but, like Organize_Chaos said, why that mouse move on the upper left after he launched the game?...
And, by the way, they theoretically played on a local network, that lags was not because of a "crappy internet connection" and was because of that Lan application which is not finished yet.
But, if in reality it was a bnet record, how that lag could be faked? Simple: you can just make high traffic, especially on upload with max speed and you can play on a "crappy internet connection".
I don't want to say is fake because there is no concretely argument but why they always make such horrible videos?
If you really want to help those with no keys to play before blizz will release the game, you'll just release an alpha version if the final taking to long, or the source code. But, all that happening here is delays, delays and delays...

ReCONXX

The Launcher looks fake, I can make one using VB in just 30 mins. I laughed on the sending of packets(?) and the smooth loading which is very FAKE (lol you lagged in the game, but how did you send packets that fast? and the emu loading was very noticable, it loads 1bar per second, you probably made the timer go long when it reaches the end.)  The taskbar is on the top or left so thats why the mouse moved to the upper left. The Gameplay is made in BNET and the user had shitty computer and connection.

Those people only want KEYS (like donations) to SELL.

emylgoth

Indeed, the instant send was funny. :D

Battlenoob74

Quote from: Organized_Chaos on April 16, 2010, 08:35:27 AM
Quote from: SIL3NT-DE4TH on April 16, 2010, 07:04:12 AM
Are u calling the Code Gen Team's   Fake?..

His First Video Relase Shows The Other part of the program. Sending Packets. Ect. This Video as he promised in the 2nd video he would show gameplay....

If you go to there site when its up. you can see how far down the Tech Tree they are. They dont have all units/ Upgrades.  and they prob dont have chat working.

Between the First and 2nd video they relased. i would say that these people are not fake. if they were. they would not still be working on it and when there site went down the first time they would of not come back if all they wanted were keys...

Are you serious man? lol.  A retarded monkey could spot this as a fake. 

Why didn't the players chat with each other?!!?
Why did he have to click something off screen after clicking "launch" on the supposed emulator?
Why not shoot a video with a hand held camera showing two computers beside each other, with two humans playing each other?

If this is what you consider proof, you would probably believe ANYTHING.

Sorry but there is a AI that does do that. I am currelty using it when i get bored. + that shitty little army, sorry but no player good or bad would have an army that small.

artanis

The video has multiple problems, the biggest being that it supposedly launches directly into the game.  When does the other client connect?  Why would client #1 choose races and names of all players?  This is just plain retarded.

Observer

Quote from: Battlenoob74 on April 16, 2010, 10:05:48 PM
Quote from: Organized_Chaos on April 16, 2010, 08:35:27 AM
Quote from: SIL3NT-DE4TH on April 16, 2010, 07:04:12 AM
Are u calling the Code Gen Team's   Fake?..

His First Video Relase Shows The Other part of the program. Sending Packets. Ect. This Video as he promised in the 2nd video he would show gameplay....

If you go to there site when its up. you can see how far down the Tech Tree they are. They dont have all units/ Upgrades.  and they prob dont have chat working.

Between the First and 2nd video they relased. i would say that these people are not fake. if they were. they would not still be working on it and when there site went down the first time they would of not come back if all they wanted were keys...

Are you serious man? lol.  A retarded monkey could spot this as a fake. 

Why didn't the players chat with each other?!!?
Why did he have to click something off screen after clicking "launch" on the supposed emulator?
Why not shoot a video with a hand held camera showing two computers beside each other, with two humans playing each other?

If this is what you consider proof, you would probably believe ANYTHING.

Sorry but there is a AI that does do that. I am currelty using it when i get bored. + that shitty little army, sorry but no player good or bad would have an army that small.

Drew1231

The video is obviously fake :bangshead:

If you cannot understand why, here is a basic appeal to logic:

They have a whole team of starcraft 2 emulator developers, but they can only find one that knows how to play. That's like having an army, but only one guy knows how to shoot his gun. Impossible.

The GUI is very simple to make and the video didn't show any proof.

Pharren

I hate to say it, but it did look kinda fake...  :'(

DarioSamo

Why is everyone categorizing Code-Gen's work as a server emulator? It doesn't emulate a Battle.net game, they've reverse enginereed the network gameplay and decrypted each of the packets. The point isn't to emulate a Battle.net server, like other teams are doing, but rather get a network game with something as simple as the video showed.

QuoteThey have a whole team of starcraft 2 emulator developers, but they can   only find one that knows how to play. That's like having an army, but   only one guy knows how to shoot his gun. Impossible.
That has nothing to do with the skill of being a hacker/programmer. Do you think some of the most famous warez groups even care about playing the game? It's a challenge, just look at the latest Ubisoft's DRM Cracking. Also, you can't guarantee such a smooth gameplay in a video like you'd expect from a pro. They said the game was pretty unstable by now, so maybe they just avoided doing much stuff at the same time fearing that it could get overloaded and crash, hence, cutting the video by half. :P
When does the other client connect?  Why would client #1 choose races   and names of all players?  This is just plain retarded.
Maybe because the client application hasn't been coded fully, and they just did a quick hack to get something playable. Everyone was bugging these guys for a gameplay video for weeks, don't complain if it doesn't appear finished yet.

QuoteI laughed on the sending of packets(?) and the smooth loading which is   very FAKE
If you didn't notice, the graphical quality of the game was very reduced. Maybe just to get some better FPS, better synchronization, and to record the game smoothly. Of course you can expect the game to load fast if you reduce the details of the game.

QuoteEither way, there are many ways to prove it's a real emu...and I saw   nothing to prove it.  The biggest red flag remains to be the fact that   he had to move the cursor off screen after clicking "Launch Starcraft   II".  Clicking that button on the supposed emu clearly did nothing.
I don't really see the point in considering this is fake when they have to run an external game. After all, look at one of those server emulators by some chinese folk. Their emulator doesn't have to launch Starcraft II itself, it injects in memory when the game is loaded. Just like the Code-Gen folk explained.

QuoteWhy not shoot a video with a hand held camera showing two computers   beside each other, with two humans playing each other?
I think the Code-Gen team works over the Internet, not via a LAN connection. Maybe that's the reason they couldn't record it. Still, I think they should've given some more proof.

dan5187

Quote from: DarioSamo on April 18, 2010, 08:12:43 AM
Why is everyone categorizing Code-Gen's work as a server emulator? It doesn't emulate a Battle.net game, they've reverse enginereed the network gameplay and decrypted each of the packets. The point isn't to emulate a Battle.net server, like other teams are doing, but rather get a network game with something as simple as the video showed.

QuoteThey have a whole team of starcraft 2 emulator developers, but they can   only find one that knows how to play. That's like having an army, but   only one guy knows how to shoot his gun. Impossible.
That has nothing to do with the skill of being a hacker/programmer. Do you think some of the most famous warez groups even care about playing the game? It's a challenge, just look at the latest Ubisoft's DRM Cracking. Also, you can't guarantee such a smooth gameplay in a video like you'd expect from a pro. They said the game was pretty unstable by now, so maybe they just avoided doing much stuff at the same time fearing that it could get overloaded and crash, hence, cutting the video by half. :P
When does the other client connect?  Why would client #1 choose races   and names of all players?  This is just plain retarded.
Maybe because the client application hasn't been coded fully, and they just did a quick hack to get something playable. Everyone was bugging these guys for a gameplay video for weeks, don't complain if it doesn't appear finished yet.

QuoteI laughed on the sending of packets(?) and the smooth loading which is   very FAKE
If you didn't notice, the graphical quality of the game was very reduced. Maybe just to get some better FPS, better synchronization, and to record the game smoothly. Of course you can expect the game to load fast if you reduce the details of the game.

QuoteEither way, there are many ways to prove it's a real emu...and I saw   nothing to prove it.  The biggest red flag remains to be the fact that   he had to move the cursor off screen after clicking "Launch Starcraft   II".  Clicking that button on the supposed emu clearly did nothing.
I don't really see the point in considering this is fake when they have to run an external game. After all, look at one of those server emulators by some chinese folk. Their emulator doesn't have to launch Starcraft II itself, it injects in memory when the game is loaded. Just like the Code-Gen folk explained.

QuoteWhy not shoot a video with a hand held camera showing two computers   beside each other, with two humans playing each other?
I think the Code-Gen team works over the Internet, not via a LAN connection. Maybe that's the reason they couldn't record it. Still, I think they should've given some more proof.

clueless sheep, did you donate a cdkey now you must defend your stupidity?

Drew1231

Quote from: DarioSamo on April 18, 2010, 08:12:43 AM

Not asking for a pro player, I'm just asking for somebody that can show basic human intellectual and ability.

Even if they work over the internet, a million times more convincing of a video would be one of a guy with 2 PC's side by side, just moving units and stuff and showing a reaction on another PC... one person could do that! :ticked:

Sheep shouldn't stray from the herd, a wolf might get you! :fight:

Abe

Final qusetion:

Is there now any dev team working on starcraft 2 online/emulator/lan crack?