starcraft 2 emulation progress

Started by Abe, April 14, 2010, 12:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarioSamo

Quoteclueless sheep, did you donate a cdkey now you must defend your stupidity?
Nope. I wouldn't be looking after their work if I had a CD key in the first place. I'm just pointing out how idiotic some of them "wahh, it's a fake" arguments are here. Want to nitpick every single detail assuming it's fake? I can play the same game too saying it might be true. Is it worth my time and yours? Surely not.

At least I'm not such an idiot to quote a long post to above me to say only a one-liner.

QuoteNot asking for a pro player, I'm just asking for somebody that can show basic human intellectual and ability.

Even if they work over the internet, a million times more convincing of a video would be one of a guy with 2 PC's side by side, just moving units and stuff and showing a reaction on another PC... one person could do that!
Fair enough. I would have been more happy to see some units strolling around each other.

Another case to consider is the case that the person who recorded it might not have 2 computers. And even if he had, maybe one of them isn't able to handle Starcraft 2 at a good framerate.

QuoteSheep shouldn't stray from the herd, a wolf might get you! :fight:
Show it to me. Give me one good, well-worded argument that the video is a fake, and I'll change my mind. Nobody has been capable of doing that so far.

Drew1231

Quote from: DarioSamo on April 18, 2010, 02:12:34 PM
Quoteclueless sheep, did you donate a cdkey now you must defend your stupidity?
Nope. I wouldn't be looking after their work if I had a CD key in the first place. I'm just pointing out how idiotic some of them "wahh, it's a fake" arguments are here. Want to nitpick every single detail assuming it's fake? I can play the same game too saying it might be true. Is it worth my time and yours? Surely not.

At least I'm not such an idiot to quote a long post to above me to say only a one-liner.

QuoteNot asking for a pro player, I'm just asking for somebody that can show basic human intellectual and ability.

Even if they work over the internet, a million times more convincing of a video would be one of a guy with 2 PC's side by side, just moving units and stuff and showing a reaction on another PC... one person could do that!
Fair enough. I would have been more happy to see some units strolling around each other.

Another case to consider is the case that the person who recorded it might not have 2 computers. And even if he had, maybe one of them isn't able to handle Starcraft 2 at a good framerate.

QuoteSheep shouldn't stray from the herd, a wolf might get you! :fight:
Show it to me. Give me one good, well-worded argument that the video is a fake, and I'll change my mind. Nobody has been capable of doing that so far.

I already did.. you just keep agreeing then making up a excuse that makes little to no sense, or you simply ignore it.  :bangshead: You will refuse to change your mind even though evidence points towards the truth.

I would hate to have you on a court room jury, you are now continuing for the sake of argument whilst ignoring every argument placed in opposition to your belief.

Flexserve

Quote from: Abe on April 18, 2010, 02:07:31 PM
Final qusetion:

Is there now any dev team working on starcraft 2 online/emulator/lan crack?

Yes, there is...and yes they are open source..and yes, they update source regularly.

As far as validity of Code-Gens video, this subject has been beaten to the ground. Verdict: Fake

Why people try to hold onto hope that it isn't is a fascinating psychological phenomenon to witness.
Starcraft II Beta Testor. (Offline Version)

TheLeapist

Something else weird about the video is that when it's showing the launcher it's obviously not his full screen (why would he do that?) but then also once it launches the game it suddenly all fits perfectly on screen without a flinch. Riddle me that, Batman.

Rain[sun]

I play Sc2 in windowed mode so i can change my music.
Also, the video could be fake, but I mean, the people saying "FAKE" are wasting their time cause nobody cares and furthermore you have no concrete proof that it is indeed fake. While funny, the idiots who donated their keys do deserve this to be fake, but anything can be cracked/created with enough time/resourcefulness; that being said, screaming fake just makes you look like an idiot
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Drew1231

Quote from: Rain[sun] on April 18, 2010, 08:04:39 PM
I play Sc2 in windowed mode so i can change my music.
Also, the video could be fake, but I mean, the people saying "FAKE" are wasting their time cause nobody cares and furthermore you have no concrete proof that it is indeed fake. While funny, the idiots who donated their keys do deserve this to be fake, but anything can be cracked/created with enough time/resourcefulness; that being said, screaming fake just makes you look like an idiot

lmao

No, screaming real just makes you look like an idiot.

Very few have just said fake, evidence has been presented and the other side just ignores it, they are the ones who look like idiots.

Now I know who the people are that get duped into those stupid infomercial products.

Do you happen to want a slap-chop?

ReCONXX

Quote from: DarioSamo on April 18, 2010, 08:12:43 AM
Why is everyone categorizing Code-Gen's work as a server emulator? It doesn't emulate a Battle.net game, they've reverse enginereed the network gameplay and decrypted each of the packets. The point isn't to emulate a Battle.net server, like other teams are doing, but rather get a network game with something as simple as the video showed.

QuoteThey have a whole team of starcraft 2 emulator developers, but they can   only find one that knows how to play. That's like having an army, but   only one guy knows how to shoot his gun. Impossible.
That has nothing to do with the skill of being a hacker/programmer. Do you think some of the most famous warez groups even care about playing the game? It's a challenge, just look at the latest Ubisoft's DRM Cracking. Also, you can't guarantee such a smooth gameplay in a video like you'd expect from a pro. They said the game was pretty unstable by now, so maybe they just avoided doing much stuff at the same time fearing that it could get overloaded and crash, hence, cutting the video by half. :P
When does the other client connect?  Why would client #1 choose races   and names of all players?  This is just plain retarded.
Maybe because the client application hasn't been coded fully, and they just did a quick hack to get something playable. Everyone was bugging these guys for a gameplay video for weeks, don't complain if it doesn't appear finished yet.

QuoteI laughed on the sending of packets(?) and the smooth loading which is   very FAKE
If you didn't notice, the graphical quality of the game was very reduced. Maybe just to get some better FPS, better synchronization, and to record the game smoothly. Of course you can expect the game to load fast if you reduce the details of the game.
QuoteEither way, there are many ways to prove it's a real emu...and I saw   nothing to prove it.  The biggest red flag remains to be the fact that   he had to move the cursor off screen after clicking "Launch Starcraft   II".  Clicking that button on the supposed emu clearly did nothing.
I don't really see the point in considering this is fake when they have to run an external game. After all, look at one of those server emulators by some chinese folk. Their emulator doesn't have to launch Starcraft II itself, it injects in memory when the game is loaded. Just like the Code-Gen folk explained.

QuoteWhy not shoot a video with a hand held camera showing two computers   beside each other, with two humans playing each other?
I think the Code-Gen team works over the Internet, not via a LAN connection. Maybe that's the reason they couldn't record it. Still, I think they should've given some more proof.

packets does not have any relation to game graphics/details.  :bangshead: :ticked:
the loading that i say is that on the EMU.

Rain[sun]

Quote-Why didn't the players chat with each other?!!?
-Why did he have to click something off screen after clicking "launch" on the supposed emulator?
-Why not shoot a video with a hand held camera showing two computers beside each other, with two humans playing each other?
-The video has multiple problems, the biggest being that it supposedly  launches directly into the game.  When does the other client connect?   Why would client #1 choose races and names of all players?  This is  just plain retarded.
-They have a whole team of starcraft 2 emulator developers, but they can  only find one that knows how to play. That's like having an army, but  only one guy knows how to shoot his gun. Impossible.
-Not asking for a pro player, I'm just asking for somebody that can show basic human intellectual and ability.
-Even  if they work over the internet, a million times more convincing of a  video would be one of a guy with 2 PC's side by side, just moving units  and stuff and showing a reaction on another PC... one person could do  that

That's all the "proof" i've seen supplied that supports the fake theory. If you need me to explain how idiotic those posts sound, then continue reading.
"Why didn't the players chat with each other?!!?" .... you can chat on cracked version, on BNet, it would prove nothing.
"Why not shoot a video with a hand held camera showing two computers beside each other, with two humans playing each other?"  So we're assuming now, that they have 2 computers side by side? Let's also assume they have 9 arms and 2 heads.
"-The video has multiple problems, the biggest being that it supposedly  launches directly into the game.  When does the other client connect?   Why would client #1 choose races and names of all players?  This is  just plain retarded." They don't need it to function like bnet 2.0, furthermore the way they make it function doesn't need to cater to how you feel it does; choosing races is probably peanuts in relation to the work needed to make all the actions function properly
"-They have a whole team of starcraft 2 emulator developers, but they can  only find one that knows how to play. That's like having an army, but  only one guy knows how to shoot his gun. Impossible. " ....what the fuck are you on kid? Why does everyone assume knowing how to play SC is common sense? If you haven't played it, you haven't played it. If you are busy trying to speak, do other shit, and whatever else, you clearly dont need to try.
"-Not asking for a pro player, I'm just asking for somebody that can show basic human intellectual and ability."
I ask the same thing for people who post here, and yet retards like you constantly show up. Guess we all suffer from the same hopes :(

Nuff said. Oh and I have a beta key, I just enjoy reading the shit people spew over the internet.

ringlas

@ Rain[sun]

You are on the very same level of 'childishness' as him, maybe even lower. Mocking him in such a way is not as far as you think from pure stupidity. Why do you bother replaying to such statement when you even consider it pointless? Finishing with "Nuff said", well... you should consider not saying anything else at all! Good job figuring it out!

The point is the video doesn't state anything. It can easily be done from any of us, it doesn't contain any proof of being real and isn't that its purpose?

Look at the other team. Open source, clear development steps, easy to see progress.

Look at this team. "Bla-bla" nonsense, video that doesn't show or proof anything, just a regular video with no purpose but to raise questions. What to ask yourself when you see this? If they want all this secrecy and mystery, fine. I don't mind them but I don't support them. If they want to be clear and actually show us SOMETHING worth it waiting, I am with then.

Before that, I am full of doubts and skepticism.

But, Rain[sun], your reaction is childish.

epsiSlow

since when and why do you all care about this?

are you a part of a bnet emu team?
    - then get in contact with them and you will see if they have the code or not
if not
    - then just stay out of this because you won't do anything good with your untrust ...

there is no point in doing a video that has 2 players playing a bnet emu game because .. you will say its FAKE TOO!!!!  (1st because bnet emu cant be the same as the blizzbnet and 2nd because these days anything can be faked)

So just stop it. Go and play with what you have and thank God you have that!

Rain[sun]

::) You clearly missed the point. I'm not defending these foreign code-gen guys, its quite possible it IS fake, but I just get a good laugh from the poor attempts at saying it IS fake. If I don't reply, how will these people realize how stupid they sound? I'm just helping the world!

The point is the video doesn't state anything -- That is your point, not everyone elses. That is ONE point and I do agree with it, however I didn't argue that point. I argued the retarded points posted before it, if you had actually taken the time to read you might have noticed this.

epsiSlow

i wasnt pointing at you .. i was speaking generaly for all ppl that wanna know something about any possible attempt of creating starcraft-bnet-emulation-progress-video(s) and in particularly for code-gen video.

you (general speaking) cant possibly know anything unless if you go there and look on the code. if you can't do that then just go and play dont waste your time with nonsense beliefs or dis-belifes

_______
have a good Life :)

jyim89

@ringlas
I wouldn't criticize rain[sun] when your also making 'childish' arguments.

Like rain said,  there is no real evidence that the video is fake as there is no evidence that video is real.  Also, the point of the video was show how far they are with the emulation process and NOT to prove that they are legit.  Code-gen does not care if people think they are fake or not.  As for your question, why don't they open source it,  I know that when I work on projects on my own,  I do not like to lets others see what I'm doing until it is almost 100% done and its something I can amaze people with.  Different people have different working styles.

I'm not trying to defend code-gen or anything.  I'm just saying maybe you should consider all possibilities before shooting down others for sharing their opinions?  What if code-gen turns out to be legit and they release an emu? You would look like a fool wouldn't you? I wouldn't mind hearing arguments as to why you guys think the video is fake or not, just don't shoot down other people's arguments just because you don't want to listen to them.

Also,  if you must really know if code-gen is real or not, code-gen recently claimed that they gave a tip or two to the starcrack team.  I would ask the developer of the starcrack project if this is true or not.  If it is, then at least we know code-gen was working on something.

Organized_Chaos

Quote from: maddoxx on April 16, 2010, 05:49:21 PM
Quote from: Organized_Chaos link=topic=1677.msg16074#msg16074   date=1271427107
Actually, after watching it again, it seems like   maybe it WAS a game between two humans, only it was on the REAL Bnet.    They likely conned a beta key out of some poor unwitting people, and   with those accounts they're playing each other on bnet.  The friend icon   on the bottom right of the UI suggests it's likely on Bnet. 

Either   way, there are many ways to prove it's a real emu...and I saw nothing   to prove it.  The biggest red flag remains to be the fact that he had to   move the cursor off screen after clicking "Launch Starcraft II".    Clicking that button on the supposed emu clearly did nothing.
If it's fake why would they bother doing this video, why don't just they   vanish? They already have the keys, and it's not like they're asking   for more.
  But more important, who the f*** cares? When the time comes will see if   it's fake or not, until then I couldn't care less.

Umm, they HAVE vanished. lol Their site has been just a plain black screen for a long while now.  Also, have you heard from anyone on the supposed "code-gen" team lately?  No.  The cat is out of the bag...they're fake, and now they're running away with their tails between their legs like the idiots they are.

It seems it was all just a hoax.  Why do people spend their own valuable time to create elaborate hoaxes?  There are plenty of reasons, one of which is simply to get attention.  Ever heard of crop circles?  Some of them are HUGE.  Do you know how long it takes to make those?  The people go through all that trouble, and then try to pass it off as something that was done by UFOs.  It's all for attention... apparently some people never got hugged by their parents when they were young.  Pathetic.

And I hate it when people say "who cares".  Wtf?  We ALL care... I don't know about you, but I can't stand being lied to.  People who create stupid ass hoaxes like this just for attention deserve to be banished from the internet to forever wallow offline, by themselves, in their own stupidity.

Organized_Chaos

Duplicate post... pls delete.