starcraft 2 emulation progress

Started by Abe, April 14, 2010, 12:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ringlas

Organized_Chaos  <<<<<<  The biggest!

That was a comment I totally agree with. The best by far.

To all those who say "care", etc... What are you doing in this forum then? What are you even writing in a thread called progress of emus? You are here for the very same reason as all of us. (If, of course, you are not a troll with which I believe you don't want to be entitled). Particularly epsiSlow who wants to play "smart staff" or what? If you want to keep your eyes shut and you don't care about progress of a potential emulator don't get here and tell me "don't waste your time with self disbelieves". It sounds stupid as you read it? Don't spend your time telling us bullshit? Is that equal enough? "They wanted to show progress not proof", you say. Progress in what? In how to make videos based on SC2? Clearly in my eyes a team of developers who actually work on something big could release a video which SHOWS CURRENT STAGE OF PROGRESS and when you see it, you say to yourself "ah, good, awesome job you guys are doing, too bad its going slow but I really think you are into something, etc..." Not to mention this is a forum full of PROGRAMMERS, even tiny little bit of info could be enough to make us happy. And this is not the case. I see a SC2 video. Not a progress of an emu. In my eyes they cry for attention, they are a bunch of retards who thought that could make something, got an idea or two and then forgot themselves and claimed lies.

I hope to be proven wrong. I still won't use their emu, but I desire to be proven wrong and they turn out to be a bunch of unprofessional guys who don't know how to promote their project, however, ending up with a released project.

@Rain - I don't want to start a flame war or something with you. It seems that you agree with me and yet you want to prove me wrong in some way. Some of the points this guy said are good. Some of them are very bad. However, moreover his post clearly states, this video ain't nothing but rubbish. It could have been made better in a thousands of ways. This either says absolute lack of professionalism, or absolute fake. Either way it doesn't worth. (For the part showing the world, etc, I agree! Hah, you sound like an old friend of mine, like you've used the same words  ;D )

Post written, cup of coffee drank, satisfied with the time lost, going back to work.

Drew1231

>:( lmao :fight:
Quote from: Rain[sun] on April 19, 2010, 01:44:10 AM"Why not shoot a video with a hand held camera showing two computers beside each other, with two humans playing each other?"  So we're assuming now, that they have 2 computers side by side? Let's also assume they have 9 arms and 2 heads.
Hmm... I do not know a single person with just one computer in their house hold. It is not that great of a request.

Again a whole team of devs and....
Quote from: Rain[sun] on April 19, 2010, 01:44:10 AM"-The video has multiple problems, the biggest being that it supposedly  launches directly into the game.  When does the other client connect?   Why would client #1 choose races and names of all players?  This is  just plain retarded." They don't need it to function like bnet 2.0, furthermore the way they make it function doesn't need to cater to how you feel it does; choosing races is probably peanuts in relation to the work needed to make all the actions function properly
You totally ignored the part where he faked clicking the button. They obviously faked that part, there is obvious proof that button was fake.
Quote from: Rain[sun] on April 19, 2010, 01:44:10 AM"-They have a whole team of starcraft 2 emulator developers, but they can  only find one that knows how to play. That's like having an army, but  only one guy knows how to shoot his gun. Impossible. " ....what the fuck are you on kid? Why does everyone assume knowing how to play SC is common sense? If you haven't played it, you haven't played it. If you are busy trying to speak, do other shit, and whatever else, you clearly dont need to try.
Again it is a whole damn team working for free and they only have one person.... common sense that on a team putting in hours of work there is going to be a few guys who know what they are working for.

Judging by that statement you made with obvious disregard for common sense it is tough to discern what you are on... some hard shit though... Rock?
Quote from: Rain[sun] on April 19, 2010, 01:44:10 AM"-Not asking for a pro player, I'm just asking for somebody that can show basic human intellectual and ability."
I ask the same thing for people who post here, and yet retards like you constantly show up. Guess we all suffer from the same hopes :(
Not an argument, but if you want to talk shit we can do that too.
Quote from: Rain[sun] on April 19, 2010, 01:44:10 AMNuff said. Oh and I have a beta key, I just enjoy reading the shit people spew over the internet.

Nice attempt to cause jealousy, I also have a beta key, but I would like to see this project completed, I am not here to troll, as you have stated that you obviously are.

You are making up illogical arguments, and if you do believe that what you are typing is logical then i do genuinely feel sorry for you.

Now explain the other things you purposely skipped and fix your illogical explanations of what you have there. Then maybe when you reply nobody will laugh at your vigorous attempt to get too much out of your single brain cell.

nuff s.... wait, I don't want to end my post with some gay ass line like that.

Now, lets get back to making a emu, this video is fake.

DarioSamo

Well, since I've decided to don't waste my time anymore here because of those "You're a close-minded, I can't convince you"(just say you're lazy FFS), I'll make my leave with one epic comic from xkcd. Proving and trying to admit why most of us come to snap you out of your craziness(Rain did, but he was kind of rude at some points).

Flexserve

Quote from: DarioSamo on April 19, 2010, 07:13:24 PM
Well, since I've decided to don't waste my time anymore here because of those "You're a close-minded, I can't convince you"(just say you're lazy FFS), I'll make my leave with one epic comic from xkcd. Proving and trying to admit why most of us come to snap you out of your craziness(Rain did, but he was kind of rude at some points).

Yup, sometimes you just gotta say" Bye"..... so "Bye"
Starcraft II Beta Testor. (Offline Version)

Rain[sun]

Haha love that picture. I don't go on forums so this is really the first time ive seen idiots on the internet, but word on the street is they are pretty popular. Unforunately for everyone else, I'm hopped up on coffee trying to finish a project for psych and this is quite a nice break from that so here's my last response.

"Hmm... I do not know a single person with just one computer in their house hold. It is not that great of a request. Again a whole team of devs and...."  Personal attacks are warranted at this point, because you're taking into account your personal experiences and assuming everyones are the same. I have 1 computer in my house. Many of my friends do too. Majority that I know of actually only have 1.

I didnt watch the video cause frankly i dont give a fuck about it, I watched the first vid and it made my ears bleed trying to understand what he was saying. So I skipped the parts I can't comment on. Would you rather me make comments on things I have no knowledge on? Redundant I'd say.

"Again it is a whole damn team working for free and they only have one  person.... common sense that on a team putting in hours of work there  is going to be a few guys who know what they are working for."
Yet again, you're assuming they HAVE to be part of the video. Even if its real, why would they need to take part in it? They have better things to do presumably, like i dunno, develop the product?

It's funny when people miss the mark of a sarcastic comment and assume it for personal attacks. Nothing I posted was illogical, quite the opposite actually. Other than the obvious sarcastic comments I made, I sincerely hope you understood what I said. "Making up illogical arguments" is i guess your interpretation of trying to understand where idiotic comments are coming from. To say my argument is illogical is to say the points im arguing are illogical, since all I ever said was people keep assuming that Code-gen does this and code-gen should do that.

If it's "illogical" to say not everyone has 2 computers, not everyone needs to be apart of the video to please angry, skeptical geeks, and that common sense clearly doesn't have the definition you think it does, what else can i say? Not every team member was apart of the video obviously. Fuck, maybe hes the only guy who speaks english, maybe they didnt see the need for a video and he did, how the fuck do you know the circumstances?

Ill say adios cause you seem to be getting fairly defensive, meaning there's a good chance you're sharing the same views as the quotes I brought up.
Take it easy to the rest of you sane folk!

better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

epsiSlow

you've got me wrong. What i say is fuck them until they give me the bnet emulator to test it or play it, i dont give a shit on their progress-fake-or-non-fake-videos!

hell yeah! the pic that respond also to this guy:

Quote from: Organized_Chaos link=topic=1677.msg16407#msg16407   date=1271687862
And I hate it when people say "who cares".  Wtf?  We   ALL care... I don't know about you, but I can't stand   being lied to.  People who create stupid ass hoaxes like this just for   attention deserve to be banished from the internet to forever wallow   offline, by themselves, in their own stupidity.
tx for bolding those words there.

i care about things that are palpable i care about a bnet emu but i dont give attention to possible fakers until i have the prove to consider them otherwise.

so my principle : everyone is a bofooney util proven otherwise.

my smart staff is better then your rage talk because you didnt got my point.

________
"Live Long and Prosper" :)

ringlas

Quote from: epsiSlow on April 20, 2010, 06:23:45 AM

my smart staff is better then your rage talk because you didnt got my point.

________
"Live Long and Prosper" :)

True. I apologize now that I see you are on the path of righteousness.  ;)

Drew1231

Quote from: Rain[sun] on April 20, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

I didnt watch the video cause frankly i dont give a fuck about it, I watched the first vid and it made my ears bleed trying to understand what he was saying. So I skipped the parts I can't comment on. Would you rather me make comments on things I have no knowledge on? Redundant I'd say.

"Again it is a whole damn team working for free and they only have one  person.... common sense that on a team putting in hours of work there  is going to be a few guys who know what they are working for."
Yet again, you're assuming they HAVE to be part of the video. Even if its real, why would they need to take part in it? They have better things to do presumably, like i dunno, develop the product?

It's funny when people miss the mark of a sarcastic comment and assume it for personal attacks. Nothing I posted was illogical, quite the opposite actually. Other than the obvious sarcastic comments I made, I sincerely hope you understood what I said. "Making up illogical arguments" is i guess your interpretation of trying to understand where idiotic comments are coming from. To say my argument is illogical is to say the points im arguing are illogical, since all I ever said was people keep assuming that Code-gen does this and code-gen should do that.

If it's "illogical" to say not everyone has 2 computers, not everyone needs to be apart of the video to please angry, skeptical geeks, and that common sense clearly doesn't have the definition you think it does, what else can i say? Not every team member was apart of the video obviously. Fuck, maybe hes the only guy who speaks english, maybe they didnt see the need for a video and he did, how the fuck do you know the circumstances?

Ill say adios cause you seem to be getting fairly defensive, meaning there's a good chance you're sharing the same views as the quotes I brought up.
Take it easy to the rest of you sane folk!

Code-gen never had a first vid and since you didn't watch the second you obviously have no clue what you are even arguing about.

Speaking english had nothing to do with this, there was no narration or text comments except the titles.

There is no point in arguing this if you dont even know what you are talking about.

I'm done here, you will just keep making excuses and basing them on your "circumstances."

jyim89

hey, I gots a suggestion.  How about STFU!  I come into these forums to see if I can find interesting discussions to give my two cents into and I find this redundant crap saying the same things over and over again!  Why are u guys so bent on proving the other wrong anyways?

Drew1231

Quote from: jyim89 on April 20, 2010, 04:56:32 PM
hey, I gots a suggestion.  How about STFU!  I come into these forums to see if I can find interesting discussions to give my two cents into and I find this redundant crap saying the same things over and over again!  Why are u guys so bent on proving the other wrong anyways?

I told you I'm done... I have proved him wrong and he has kept makign things up, I will not reply to any more of his posts.

It is the law of the internets... if you post your 2 cents and somebody is confident in the opposing view they will pick yours apart.

But, anyways its over.

Myst