CodeGen gameplay video is now up

Started by Gamewiz, April 15, 2010, 02:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slavezer0

Quote from: Gamewiz on April 16, 2010, 11:16:03 AM
Quote from: 2g4u on April 16, 2010, 06:42:48 AM
Lol this is so FAKE. Why the fuck is the author of this video hiding his taskbar ? Do you noticed how he pressed "Launch Game" and THEN clicked on minimized random SC2 launcher. And look at how they changed they attitude towards LazyTown - first they said that LT are crap and that they hate them and now after they realized they can't do shit alone, they "started" to love them and got into "sharing mood". Their Emu/Lan tool is simply vaporware to get e-attention(and may be some stupid fucks to help them get all of their needed beta keys to be able to play together) and their are simply scamming the naive people out there, giving them false hope. I would look forward to Starcrack team and their emulator, not into some guys trying to FAKE their progress. And where is that prick Gamewiz, who was a MIGHT moderator at their forums, why he is silent(not defending them, just posting FAKE news about progress)... ?

Why try to defend them? Clearly, you are set in your ways. No amount of "proof" will ever convince you. Live in your own little delusional world.

I know what I know. And I know they are real. Period. I'm not hear to try and convince you of anything. If you want to live in ignorance, that's your perogative. Have a nice day.

I so happy to see the "buddy Icon" working on your emu. Now I can link with buddy lists too.

Organized_Chaos

Why try to defend them? Clearly, you are set in your ways. No amount of "proof" will ever convince you. Live in your own little delusional world.

I know what I know. And I know they are real. Period. I'm not hear to try and convince you of anything. If you want to live in ignorance, that's your perogative. Have a nice day.

Maybe we should rephrase what we're saying, and say that it certainly SEEMS like that video is fake...or at least, it's SEEMS like it's just a damn capture of two people playing on Bnet, not an emu. 

I really hate when people say "No amount of proof will ever convince you."  It reminds me of religious debates, and it's just blatantly NOT true - there definitely IS a degree of proof that would convince everyone they're real.  Religious people say it all the time - well, in that case, proof enough for ANY atheist would be god coming down and having lunch with us.  Simple!  Ahh but I digress.... the same thing applies here though. It's very simple...

Just take a video camera, and record EVERYTHING, instead of capturing one little obscure section of a monitor, while the cursor moves off screen to click "other things".  Record one continuous shot (NO editing) of the entire process: the connection, how BOTH screens look from the view of the two people playing, etc, etc.  Is that really so difficult???

These guys are clearly not retarded, therefore they KNOW the above proof that I mentioned would have been more than sufficient, and everyone would have believed they're real, and the emu is real.  They didn't do that though, did they?  Well, until they do, there is no good reason to believe the emu even exists.

mineisbigger

Quote from: Organized_Chaos on April 16, 2010, 12:27:02 PM

Maybe we should rephrase what we're saying, and say that it certainly SEEMS like that video is fake...or at least, it's SEEMS like it's just a damn capture of two people playing on Bnet, not an emu. 

I really hate when people say "No amount of proof will ever convince you."  It reminds me of religious debates, and it's just blatantly NOT true - there definitely IS a degree of proof that would convince everyone they're real.  Religious people say it all the time - well, in that case, proof enough for ANY atheist would be god coming down and having lunch with us.  Simple!  Ahh but I digress.... the same thing applies here though. It's very simple...

Just take a video camera, and record EVERYTHING, instead of capturing one little obscure section of a monitor, while the cursor moves off screen to click "other things".  Record one continuous shot (NO editing) of the entire process: the connection, how BOTH screens look from the view of the two people playing, etc, etc.  Is that really so difficult???

These guys are clearly not retarded, therefore they KNOW the above proof that I mentioned would have been more than sufficient, and everyone would have believed they're real, and the emu is real.  They didn't do that though, did they?  Well, until they do, there is no good reason to believe the emu even exists.

what would be the point they are not asking for anything? why would they go through all this work and not ask for anything?

dan5187

Quote from: mineisbigger on April 16, 2010, 12:48:24 PM

what would be the point they are not asking for anything? why would they go through all this work and not ask for anything?

Maybe they got all the free keys they needed and are scared if they dissappear the donors will report their keys?

Organized_Chaos

"All this work"?  Seriously?  All they have to do is pick up a fkn video camera and start recording.  They don't even need to edit the video for christ's sake...  :-\   

I'm gonna have to +1 what Dan said... it's beginning to look as if this whole debacle has just been a scam to get Beta keys... plus if they went through all the trouble to get that shitty video out, they could very well have spent the same amount of energy on a video that actually proves the emu is real by doing exactly what I suggested.

mineisbigger

Quote from: dan5187 on April 16, 2010, 12:52:10 PM

Maybe they got all the free keys they needed and are scared if they dissappear the donors will report their keys?
you mean the 1 key they got? that's all they asked for. so they keep paying for a website so one person can playing a game that they suck at for 2 more months. that makes a lot of since.

avich

Like I said, they are not obligated to do all the hassle of the things suggested above. The purpose of the vid is just a glimpse on the tool they made. Whether it is real or not is not the point. (they only got two keys, they didn't accept donations. they had to pay for the bandwidth excess...its like having to fake a moon landing rather than going there)

Wouldn't you guys hope that there are more teams working on the same cause rather than having this useless debate. Stop trying to disprove and just be a calm passive observer, hoping they are real to increase the chance of having a good LAN emulator