Code-gen Video up

Started by treckin, April 15, 2010, 03:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan5187

i just watched it and honestly i don't see it proof of anything besides they can make a ui and maybe a very bad ai.  it just isn't possible for me to be convinced with that, although i am hoping for a good release. ;D

CraniX

I just don't know USMC falling off the map , fake videos, Jesus Christ how long did it take the crew that made bnetd to make an emulation for warcraft 3.

Starcraft 2 Hacking Development
http://hackdev.easyforum.ru

treckin

The video looked pretty good, I have to say. No game chat was odd, and it almost looked like a weak AI, but who am I to say? The launcher was convincing because it would have been a very elaborate hoax otherwise. Whatever, I hope its real.

treckin

There is a pretty convincing player lag popup at 3:39.

Gamewiz

Quote from: dan5187 on April 15, 2010, 03:21:08 PM
i just watched it and honestly i don't see it proof of anything besides they can make a ui and maybe a very bad ai.  it just isn't possible for me to be convinced with that, although i am hoping for a good release. ;D

Nothing can ever "convince" people that always look for things that could possibly mean it's fake. No amount of proof, even the final product, can prove to people that CodeGen is real. Someone will ALWAYS find a way to turn "proof" into something that they think is fake.

So take the video for what you will. The primary purpose of the video was not the "prove" anything, but to just show the progress of the project. If you don't want to believe it, that's your perogative.

ajdl334

Quote from: Gamewiz on April 15, 2010, 05:28:07 PM
Quote from: dan5187 on April 15, 2010, 03:21:08 PM

Nothing can ever "convince" people that always look for things that could possibly mean it's fake. No amount of proof, even the final product, can prove to people that CodeGen is real. Someone will ALWAYS find a way to turn "proof" into something that they think is fake.

So take the video for what you will. The primary purpose of the video was not the "prove" anything, but to just show the progress of the project. If you don't want to believe it, that's your perogative.

This comin from Code-Gen's little cheerleader Gamewiz. I'll tell you what, if the purpose is not to prove anything, why post it? You're just gay and love men. Pretty obvious.

adrian22

Quoteif the purpose is not to prove anything, why post it? you're just gay...

Although this is mildly amusing and probably some kind of troll, I just wanted to point out (just in case the message was serious) that for those who are convinced this is real, the work they are doing is appreciated, and its exciting to see the kind of progress being made.

If you kept up with the forum posts at sc2.rce... it seems like at this point it would have to be a pretty elaborate hoax. They posted messages such as "incredible human mind" (the post title) commenting on how people flooded their forums looking for updates during a period of time when they specifically told people they wouldn't be working or updating others on their progress (which was pretty funny, incidentally). Isn't the purpose of hoaxing to laugh at the people you're hoaxing and not get annoyed at them..? In addition to all the other updates they've done, "realistic" hold-ups (like the medivac which is bugged), the other coding video which showed how the emulator works from a technical perspective, and maintaining a forum...so is this all just a build up to a joke? This has been going on for months now. Its kind of hard to believe at this point...

We could probably settle this issue (if anyone really cares) by getting in contact with some of the coding experts on this site (trusted admins/moderators?) and ask them whether they've been in contact with this team - which is apparently openly sharing its information with others. It shouldn't be too hard to verify.

But its nice to know that at least the team will get its recognition in due time; they deserve it! These people are probably going to be the major reason behind why LAN will be possible. Thanks sc2.rce..if you're reading this. :)

RagingPolarBear

Sadly this looked pretty fake, mostly because of the server set up screen.

Prevent cheating (experimental)? What?

Synchronization compensation? What the hell?

Seriously, why would they have so many possible options and features on an emulator that still doesn't even fully work? They've even apparently got an option for mod support. That makes no sense how I see it... I mean they haven't even got the base game to work yet, why are they putting in a checkbox to enable mods?

The intro where they send the data to the client seems rather odd. Why send it before you start the game? Wouldn't that be part of the start game sequence?

Now once the game actually started, it didn't seem bad.

About the only thing going in their favor is that the game was laggy and had some unit warping which shows that it was an online game (of course could have been just a game played over battle.net too). Actually, I'm not quite sure if unit warping occurs over battle.net. I know in WC3 it would, but regular SC would just lag freeze the game until it got the packets. I have no idea how SC2 behaves in that regard. Maybe someone who has experienced lag on battle.net could tell us.

But at the very least, it seemed apparent that they were playing the game against another human. It wasn't a game against AI.

Ceron

I got such a spelnind idea!

IF they got it to work as tehy say they did, then WTF????

GIVE IT TO US! oh it may crash, or bug or what ever, WE DONT CARE! Give it to us and we shalll use it to the fullest!

What harm does it do to them for releasing it? .... or do they plan on having us pay for it?

Whats the problem, upload it with a readme that explains how to quick use it, and everyone can start playing one on one, and we can have turnaments here!

The funny thing, there is no reason why not give this half made version.

Comeon!! whats the delay?, i belive in you!
I BELIVE IN YOU, so give me this product so i can start playing with my brother :)

jackal

The video is fake and it is played vs AI. You can read here why.

Ceron

Quote from: jackal on April 16, 2010, 04:23:58 AM

No way... Are you telling me that they have tricked us, lied to us, raped our hope, made fun of us, spit on us for no reason? they want some glory without any work done, and spits on us, and stamps on us, and throws glass bottles filled with gasoline with a burning tissue at the end?

but i believe in them! no one have asked them to release what they have now! give it to us! :D

RagingPolarBear

Quote from: jackal on April 16, 2010, 04:23:58 AM

Yeah, you make good points there. The mouse cursor movement after clicking "Launch SC2" is something I missed initially, but that certainly makes sense..

Also, another thing.. why is he clicking "Start Server" after he's sending data to the client? How is he sending anything if the server isn't even listening for connections?

This is almost certainly a total hoax.

Though I don't feel like it's a game against AI. It's a game against someone on legitimate battle.net. But there's no emulation of a server going on here. The opponent doesn't really behave like an AI (dual engineering bay outside of base), and I think the lag screens are probably real. Of course, that really doesn't prove anything except he's got a beta account.