**JAPAN** has done it! (Geez it took too long to narrow down)

Started by cyricc, April 17, 2010, 03:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyricc

Introducing the "SCV" gentlemen and ladies.

SCV: Super Cool Vehicle

Artanis186

That's cool, just add some reverse thrusters and there ya go. :)

StubbornRock

errrr, if I am not mistaken, those texts aren't Korean. They are Chinese saying "Northern JiuZhou City fire department".....LOL
Because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence.

kewickviper

Yes this is indeed Chinese. Had a bit of trouble understanding it (Japanese speaker) since 北九州市 is a place in Japan (kitakyushu shi) but found Jiuzhou on google (九州). Weirdly enough this is the island of kyushu in Japanese!Without StubbornRock's post I would have been very confused since it would have otherwise looked it was from Japan but written in Chinese.

StubbornRock

Quote from: kewickviper on April 17, 2010, 08:05:58 PM
Yes this is indeed Chinese. Had a bit of trouble understanding it (Japanese speaker) since 北九州市 is a place in Japan (kitakyushu shi) but found Jiuzhou on google (九州). Weirdly enough this is the island of kyushu in Japanese!Without StubbornRock's post I would have been very confused since it would have otherwise looked it was from Japan but written in Chinese.
Yea, regarding there are lots of similarity in our texts, I did some research to check on this city. It turns out you are right in the first place kewickviper-san, 北九州市 should be a city in 九州岛,日本(Japan).

There is a city in 云南,中国(China)called 九州市. In that case the word "北" would only mean north part of this city (which would be very unlikely to be put on the "SCV").

However, there is a city in Japan called 北九州市. So I think it is more likely to be a city in Japan.

P.S. OMG! I rewrote the same thing 3 times just becuz the stupid reply system keep timing out!
Because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence.

cyricc

LOL my bad. It was cooler when it was Korean...  :'(

berrykerry789

LOL, clearly chinese... (since in chinese so...)
Carrier Has Arrived...

Vernam7

i dont care the country i care that this is fucking amazing! LOL

EroSennin

That man is CLEARLY Japanese (yes I can tell by looking at him)... and we all know how obsessed the Japanese are with giant robots.

Also, he's clearly holding a Power Rangers helmet, and only Nihongo speakers own these.

It looks like Chinese characters, but it's just Kanji (Japanese term for Chinese words that were taken as their own centuries ago).

I'm getting Fukuoka, Japan on Kyushu island.

EroSennin

Also, look what I found.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9903693-1.html?tag=mncol;title
While having a robot babysitter to keep watch on the kids may not sound reassuring to most parents, a department store in Japan apparently thinks otherwise.
(Credit: Engadget)
Japanese retailer Aeon Co. has recently introduced a robot in one of its Fukuoka outlets to help entertain the kids while the parents shop at the store. Measuring 4.5 feet tall and dressed in a bright yellow-and-white outfit, the babysitter bot can identify each kid through the special badge he or she wears, and even conduct simple conversations with the tykes. Designed by robot-maker Tmsuk, it comes with a projector in one eye and a camera in the other.
Aeon and Tmsuk did not announce any plans to introduce more robot babysitters in other stores, but revealed that the technology will be developed for other applications such as a shopping guide robot to help customers navigate through the store.
Via Physorg
OP MUST CHANGE TITLE TO ** JAPAN ** HAS DONE IT!

sTormy

IT HAS BEGUN!

Spotted somewhere in Chinapan.. (Not racist.., just a joke over the confusion of the first image)
So be it.

EroSennin

Quote from: sTormy on April 20, 2010, 08:40:44 AM
IT HAS BEGUN!

Spotted somewhere in Chinapan.. (Not racist.., just a joke over the confusion of the first image)

There is no confusion, that man and the SCV are 100% Japanese. Google "tmsuk" and wind up at their company page http://www.tmsuk.co.jp/english/index.html