Main Menu

New Contest Suggestions

Started by Myst, April 17, 2010, 04:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ringlas

I have these suggestions in mind:

1. SC 2 T-shirt contest! Design a t-shirt, post a thumbnail picture and the prizes could be: winner gets beta key plus to make his design as a real t-shirt and send it to him via post office. Something like 1st place key + shirt, 2nd place his idea for shirt, 3rd place his idea for shirt. I know this costs additional cash but I just throw it as an option. (If money is a problem, we could send the cost of the shirt via PayPal. However, this is only optional)

2. SC Broodwar 1x1 tournament. Winner/loser brackets, semi-finals, finals... Clear winner! (Plus 2nd and 3rd place) Games could be played on Garena platform (which if someone is not familiar with it, simulates LAN connection).

3. An essay, e.g. "My ordinary day of kicking hydralisk assess", "Why the existence of my Overmind is threatened if I don't get a key", etc...

4. Deisgn a new SC2 unit! Draw it, post it, add his stats, upgrades. Make it balance to the gameplay as it is.

And so on and so for. These are my ideas, if anyone feels grabbed with one of them, please do share!  8)

Myst

I like the comic strip idea.  Looks like we'll be going with that, I'll set it up soon.

Drew1231

Quote from: Myst on April 19, 2010, 06:59:20 PM
I like the comic strip idea.  Looks like we'll be going with that, I'll set it up soon.
blizz already did that...

Myst

Ok Well I'll just make a specific topic for the comic strip that you have to create about.

totocows

After I saw all the ideas i see that every one wants to do different things. So why not let them? Let every one enter what they want as long as it is about starcraft. If someone wants to enter a series of jokes about starcraft then let them; if they want make video about it let them. Just let everyone submit anything they want sense every one has different skills in different things.

Drew1231

Quote from: totocows on April 20, 2010, 12:52:44 PM
After I saw all the ideas i see that every one wants to do different things. So why not let them? Let every one enter what they want as long as it is about starcraft. If someone wants to enter a series of jokes about starcraft then let them; if they want make video about it let them. Just let everyone submit anything they want sense every one has different skills in different things.
That would be cool.

enjoikr3w

Whatever the contest is, it should be one single topic. Comparing apples and oranges like the last contest doesn't work.

Drew1231

Quote from: enjoikr3w on April 20, 2010, 10:04:11 PM
Whatever the contest is, it should be one single topic. Comparing apples and oranges like the last contest doesn't work.

I already have a key so im basing  my thoughts on entertainment value not personal talent...

So I would like to speak without Bias:
I think that you should do a contest that is not restricted to a certain talent.
A comic strip requires a talent...

Commentating would be cool, but that is my area of experience so I don't like the idea of a bias.

feedmeh8

member lottery ... no specific talent required. Equal chance for all.

jyim89

take the top 20 most active members of this site and do a lottery with just them! I am only saying this cause i suck at making comics xD

Necrosys520

original starcraft tournament, have a huge bracket top winner gets the beta

Drew1231

Quote from: jyim89 on April 21, 2010, 09:55:15 AM
take the top 20 most active members of this site and do a lottery with just them! I am only saying this cause i suck at making comics xD
that would be a great way to encourage people making more BS threads.

jyim89

Quote from: Drew1231 on April 21, 2010, 02:55:16 PM
Quote from: jyim89 on April 21, 2010, 09:55:15 AM
that would be a great way to encourage people making more BS threads.

I meant the current most active members. 

Newman

I want to get into beta but I artistically challenged so I won't even bother doing video or comics knowing that there are people who can do better. Giving everybody a chance is not fair, too because what if there is a smartass who will create 20 new users on Darkblizz and opt in for beta. That way there is nearly no chance for rest of us to get in. Making tournament would be really great but I know that I will loose. What I can suggest is to make a short video showing your story of SC. Maybe show your replays or smth.
Same deal with scholarships to colleges: I wrote ton of essays; edited, proofread them, showed it to my friend, etc. but I didn't win a single scholarship!

totocows

Quotetake the top 20 most active members of this site and do a lottery with just them! I am only saying this cause i suck at making comics xD 

I dont think that just basing the contest on pure chance is fair. I think that they should definintly should make it a contest that requires talent but not one that resticts others from entering like the comic contest that they probably going to do. The person who wins should be the person who was most determind to win and spends the most time on their entry. If its a comic contest then they will probably only get like 3 comics at most that are any good. It should ether be a starcraft tournament or every kind of entry should be alowed.