Blizzard says Opps? Or rather nothing at all.

Started by cyricc, April 22, 2010, 07:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew1231

Quote from: diesel on April 22, 2010, 09:01:48 PM
of course we all want our shit to work but the fact that its SC2 beta implies that its not perfect and its for testing purposes and you knew that when you signed up for it and now your getting angry because the game isnt perfect

Yeah, I mean not like it is WoW.

And people did pay for this, many pre-ordered just to get the beta key.

It is far from an imperfection! It will not even working.

And something hey have no excuse for is their forums not even working.

darkshark

Wow a a lot of hate for the blizzards today. I just thought I would throw my 2 cents in and mention all the times blizzard has patched wow and it screwed the game up for 2 weeks or more with rubber banding and lag and constant crashes. Not to mention all the expansions that were crap when they first came out. I'm sorry. But when you're talking software this complex over so many different systems, you are going to get bugs. YOu could even take all the same computers on some complex code and it could have random bugs for different machines. Its just the way software development goes. AND its beta, so if your bitchin, your not helping. /rant

Nova

Thanks darkshark for some sanity in this thread. +1

TheSaw

It's pointless to explain, there will always be butthurt twelve yearolds who cry about <insert any unit here which just kicked his ass> being imba, or in this case complaining about a beta they're playing for free, and forgot what the real point of the beta is, to help Blizzard test their new system. Yes, maybe they went to the darkside a bit, and I can't really blame them, WoW is the number one priority, but if you (OP and others who think like this) don't wanna be part of this beta, I'm pretty sure we can get a few people who might want to have your bnet account and you can just wait for the release of the actual game, buy it, and THEN complain if something goes wrong.

Flexserve

Quote from: TheSaw on April 23, 2010, 04:47:08 AM
It's pointless to explain, there will always be butthurt twelve yearolds who cry about <insert any unit here which just kicked his ass> being imba, or in this case complaining about a beta they're playing for free, and forgot what the real point of the beta is, to help Blizzard test their new system. Yes, maybe they went to the darkside a bit, and I can't really blame them, WoW is the number one priority, but if you (OP and others who think like this) don't wanna be part of this beta, I'm pretty sure we can get a few people who might want to have your bnet account and you can just wait for the release of the actual game, buy it, and THEN complain if something goes wrong.

What? I think you missed the point of the post. It was about outsourcing and spending six years developing a GAME PROFESSIONALLY. When you throw a ton of cash at a project and hire the top developers in the field, ya kinda expect more then 11rd place.  :bangshead: For those that reserved the game...according to "others" your playing Beta for free. So why the commitment to buy the game and a down payment to seal the deal? There are many ways to look at this. However, for the sake of NOT turning this into another "CodeGen is Fake" thread; I sympathize with your point of view.

Oh the irony!!!

McAfee's popular antivirus software failed spectacularly on   Wednesday, causing tens of thousands of Windows XP computers to crash or   repeatedly reboot. A buggy update that the company released   early in the day turned the software's formidable defenses against   malicious software inward, prompting it to attack a vital component of   Microsoft Windows.  (source: CNN)
Starcraft II Beta Testor. (Offline Version)

cyricc

Ok, I know that being 13 makes you think that anyone who is 12 is crying about anything, but take a step back from smelling your own shit for a minute and actually understand what the problem here is.

I'm not playing this beta for "Free." I know that in your own little confused world where you don't have a job or buy anything because the pirate bay makes it available to you, you think that everyone is just like that. Surprise I spent money to play this "Free Beta".

Second, for all the little Neanderthals who have never written a program or worked on a group project that you are going to sell to people, a little clarification. BETA means after ALPHA. Alpha is where problems like buggy patches, failed translations, and lack of support happen. If these things are happening in a Beta it means that they are bound to show up in the RC. That's Release Candidate for you.

And third, this thread is my fucking opinion, take it or leave it. Don't try to tell me that I don't have a right to complain, who the hell are you to tell me that? 

Drew1231

lmao There will always be a closet gay 45 year old man with "I'm not in beta rage."

Drew1231

Quote from: darkshark on April 22, 2010, 09:58:28 PM
Wow a a lot of hate for the blizzards today. I just thought I would throw my 2 cents in and mention all the times blizzard has patched wow and it screwed the game up for 2 weeks or more with rubber banding and lag and constant crashes. Not to mention all the expansions that were crap when they first came out. I'm sorry. But when you're talking software this complex over so many different systems, you are going to get bugs. YOu could even take all the same computers on some complex code and it could have random bugs for different machines. Its just the way software development goes. AND its beta, so if your bitchin, your not helping. /rant

There are the same widespread bugs that go across everything with SC2. Like 11st place and their uncanny ability to be unable to turn on the servers.

Cutting corners and creating bugs is much different than accidentally creating them.

SyxxPakc

Quote from: cyricc on April 23, 2010, 12:29:04 PM

Ok, I know that being 13 makes you think that anyone who is 12 is crying about anything, but take a step back from smelling your own shit for a minute and actually understand what the problem here is.

I'm not playing this beta for "Free." I know that in your own little confused world where you don't have a job or buy anything because the pirate bay makes it available to you, you think that everyone is just like that. Surprise I spent money to play this "Free Beta".

Second, for all the little Neanderthals who have never written a program or worked on a group project that you are going to sell to people, a little clarification. BETA means after ALPHA. Alpha is where problems like buggy patches, failed translations, and lack of support happen. If these things are happening in a Beta it means that they are bound to show up in the RC. That's Release Candidate for you.

And third, this thread is my fucking opinion, take it or leave it. Don't try to tell me that I don't have a right to complain, who the hell are you to tell me that?

God damn, how fucking stupid are you? Please upload your receipt to show us that you paid Blizzard $65 for Stracraft 2 Beta. Last I checked you just put a down payment on Starcraft 2 (THE FULL VERSION). The beta is just an extra that you are not entitled to. If you seriously cannot understand this concept, then you are a complete waste of oxygen.

Also, we the public are entitled to tell you that your opinion is fucking retarded.

Drew1231

Quote from: SyxxPakc on April 23, 2010, 05:19:41 PM

God damn, how fucking stupid are you? Please upload your receipt to show us that you paid Blizzard $65 for Stracraft 2 Beta. Last I checked you just put a down payment on Starcraft 2 (THE FULL VERSION). The beta is just an extra that you are not entitled to. If you seriously cannot understand this concept, then you are a complete waste of oxygen.

Also, we the public are entitled to tell you that your opinion is fucking retarded.

Well I just got one from my pre-order earlier today, and would have waited until release to buy the game otherwise. I have the receipt stowed away in my wallet.

He makes perfect sense, these simple issues should have been sorted out in alpha, beta is mostly for things like exploits, and glitches that will appear 1 in a million times, but most of all balancing. If you cannot understand that then you are a waste of the single brain cell god granted you.

darkshark

Quote from: Drew1231 on April 23, 2010, 02:39:15 PM
Quote from: darkshark on April 22, 2010, 09:58:28 PM

There are the same widespread bugs that go across everything with SC2. Like 11st place and their uncanny ability to be unable to turn on the servers.

Cutting corners and creating bugs is much different than accidentally creating them.

my point, is that regardless of what you are doing, something this complex will have bugs. It is almost impossible not to. My other point was be glad they are happening now, and the bnet 2 team will have experience fixing them.

dan5187

Although they aren't the best at communicating whats going on I know we can rest assured blizzard is working their asses off to make sure beta goes well.  It's not like they are neglecting it, they are fixing things and making great progress.

Drew1231

Quote from: dan5187 on April 23, 2010, 10:54:53 PM
Although they aren't the best at communicating whats going on I know we can rest assured blizzard is working their asses off to make sure beta goes well.  It's not like they are neglecting it, they are fixing things and making great progress.
If it was a WoW beta.

SyxxPakc

Quote from: Drew1231 on April 23, 2010, 08:44:35 PM
Quote from: SyxxPakc on April 23, 2010, 05:19:41 PM

Well I just got one from my pre-order earlier today, and would have waited until release to buy the game otherwise. I have the receipt stowed away in my wallet.

He makes perfect sense, these simple issues should have been sorted out in alpha, beta is mostly for things like exploits, and glitches that will appear 1 in a million times, but most of all balancing. If you cannot understand that then you are a waste of the single brain cell god granted you.

Please show me on your God damn receipt that it says you paid for a fucking Beta version for Starcraft 2. Last time I checked its a God damn perk for pre-ordering the beta. Do you have down-syndrome? The fact that you are arguing with me on this shows me that you suck at life and should've been aborted.

starscraft-2-fan

Quote from: Drew1231 on April 23, 2010, 02:36:41 PM
lmao There will always be a closet gay 45 year old man with "I'm not in beta rage."

dude i laughed so hard when i read this lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao