found a site for finding patches

Started by starscraft-2-fan, April 23, 2010, 05:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starscraft-2-fan

this site has the newest patches out the files r safe i have downloaded from it before when u download it just extract into SC2 directory :thumbsup: http://maged.lordaeron.org/sc2/

KoKa1AShOT

Omfg thanks alot !!! since my SC2 Downloader doesn't work perfectly, now it's safe and easy =D WOOT

KillMasterCZ

Please, what exactly should i do with these files? I put then in the updates directory, but i didtn get the editor (which i want the most of the patch 9 and i cant launch the game anymore!)

starscraft-2-fan

Quote from: KillMasterCZ on April 24, 2010, 03:12:21 AM
Please, what exactly should i do with these files? I put then in the updates directory, but i didtn get the editor (which i want the most of the patch 9 and i cant launch the game anymore!)
once u download extract into directory and launch starcraft 2 and it should try to update and finally work without the infinite loop

KillMasterCZ

The problem is, that there is already a new patch - patch 10, which is not on the download page. When i extract patch 9 and run starcraft 2, it tries to update to 10 and give some error.

KillMasterCZ

Here it is: The patch "base\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data\TriggerLibs\MeleeAI.galaxy" could not be applied. (Invalid source file size: expected 49197, actual 54864.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply)

starscraft-2-fan

Quote from: KillMasterCZ on April 24, 2010, 05:41:04 AM
Here it is: The patch "base\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data\TriggerLibs\MeleeAI.galaxy" could not be applied. (Invalid source file size: expected 49197, actual 54864.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply)
i just updated my SC2 last night with patch 9 because mine kept looping but after i extracted the patch i downloaded into the directory it worked it patched then it patched 10 in 1 time no looping if u had any mods or launchers like vernams allin1 launcher it wont update cause it find files that arnt legit and thats whay it says expected 49197 actual 54864 the way i fixed it was uninstall starcraft 2 then install it again and it should work :thumbsup:

blyind420

the best way to update your starcraft 2 beta is to remove all un-legit files from sc2 directory, run the beta .exe and it auto updates itself, or at least it does for me.
that way you don't expose yourself to nasty virus's 8)
www.KnockoutIncense.com
Top Quality, Great Prices!

AlsoKnownAs

Note: Make a folder named Update if its not there in your SC2 Beta directory, then extract all the patch 9 files within it. You don't need to download patch 10 directly because the files are small enough to let Blizzard Updater updates by its own. Patch 9 is about 500mb+ and it would be better to download it directly and not rely on the torrent downloader provided by Blizzard  :D . After extraction, just run SC2.exe and let it update to the latest patch.

Enjoy  :cheers: .

P.S. You'll need to restore the original Base.SC2Date in Liberty.SC2Mod folder to let it install correctly.

starscraft-2-fan

Quote from: blyind420 on April 27, 2010, 01:44:57 AM
the best way to update your starcraft 2 beta is to remove all un-legit files from sc2 directory, run the beta .exe and it auto updates itself, or at least it does for me.
that way you don't expose yourself to nasty virus's 8)
dude these files r clean i scanned them and i use them they dont have viruses u can scan them urselfs if u think they do have viruses

Kazuma

I don't think he saying them files has viruses, If ur using a 3rd party ai. YOU HAVE TO HAVE 100% BLIZZARD FILES TO UPDATE STARCRAFT II. =D that is what he saying k?

That means you got to have  the normal ai file from blizzard in the folder when you update. Why? because it changing setting in that file too =D
StarCraft 2 : Kite.kite

starscraft-2-fan

Quote from: Kazuma on May 03, 2010, 05:30:28 PM
I don't think he saying them files has viruses, If ur using a 3rd party ai. YOU HAVE TO HAVE 100% BLIZZARD FILES TO UPDATE STARCRAFT II. =D that is what he saying k?

That means you got to have  the normal ai file from blizzard in the folder when you update. Why? because it changing setting in that file too =D
ah ok thats good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

battcor

Quote from: starscraft-2-fan on April 23, 2010, 05:52:15 AM
this site has the newest patches out the files r safe i have downloaded from it before when u download it just extract into SC2 directory :thumbsup: http://maged.lordaeron.org/sc2/

there is new patch 12 available and procedures here.

http://blizzard-gaming.blogspot.com/2010/05/sc2-patch-download.html