Preorder Starcraft II and get a beta key (eb games)

Started by Korzek, April 26, 2010, 01:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korzek

Can't believe no one posted this yet but you can get a starcraft 2 beta key from eb games/gamestop (there the same people) when you pre order the game.
http://www.ebgames.com/

I pre ordered my Starcraft 2 a couple of weeks ago and was able to go in today and get my beta key no problem and was already able to put in the key code into my battle.net account woot! soo good finally seeing it in there.

Information:

Reserve StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and receive an invitation to the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta. Available online and in-store while supplies last. Once you receive your Beta Code your order cannot be canceled.

Online Customers (web delivery): A code and instructions on how to join the beta will be emailed within 1 business day of when your order was placed.

In-Store Pickup Customers: Please wait 24 hours after your order is placed, then proceed to your store to pick up your beta code.

Store Customers: A beta code will be printed on your pre-order receipt.

Korzek

Also you don't have to wait till Tuesday :). I downloaded and patched and was already able to make an account. Woot!

Eskimo

for all my aussie brothers, eb games i dnt think is giving away beta keys for pre orders, BUT! thankfuly, game decides to serve their customers well and give a beta key after pre order :D

Organized_Chaos

I did this last week - at GameStop you don't get one beta key, you get TWO.   ;D

Korzek

ringlas

Okay, now this is something I didn't know and surprised me quite! I have some questions:

It says 'billing after shipping' which means that you pay $60 when your original copy of the whole game arrives at your home or after you receive the beta key?

What are the methods of paying?

Do they actually bring it (the actual game) to your front door or you must go and take it out from your local bond (like they do in Amazon)?

I don't know but it seems fair price for a pre-order plus a beta key, you enjoy the play from the very beginning! Thanks to whoever gives me info!

Jachu

Anyone knows a shop in UK witch give beta key when you preorder full game? BTW $60( about 38 pounds) it's more expensive than in UK, you can preorder it here for around 25 pounds($39)

Eskimo

Check the game stores website, it should say if they are offering a beta key along with the pre order. thats how i found out. ;D

Espionage724

As of today in Pennsylvania, most of the gamestop stores can't print off Beta keys (i preordered mine today).

So hopefully tomorrow I'll be enjoying some SC2 :D

reaper

I would like to do that... But i'm from Venezuela so it's a little difficult to me!  :( :(

Omg i really want to play on Bnet!  :(

friendlybus

Ebgames might be doing it, but I went down to my local GAME and they said "not confirmed" aka no. I've had my preorder with them since '08. this is mildly ridiculous and majorly annoying lol.

Organized_Chaos

Quote from: Korzek on April 26, 2010, 03:30:15 PM
How did you get two? I only got one.

Did you pre order at GameStop??  Maybe they're not printing out two anymore, but I went and pre-ordered pretty early, so I got two.  AFAIK GameStop is the only store printing out two keys.

Also, I don't know about other stores, but I only had to leave a $5 deposit.  The other $55 is charged only when the game ships.  So technically, even though the beta costs $5, it's really free because that $5 is going towards the purchase of the game.   ;D

Jachu

Quote from: Eskimo on April 26, 2010, 08:42:16 PM
Check the game stores website, it should say if they are offering a beta key along with the pre order. thats how i found out. ;D

I've tried GAME, GameStation, and many more including amazon.co.uk, this country is crippled in terms of PC gaming, everyone plays on console  :bangshead:       lazy bastards :fight:

krmprince

hello guys,
i have a question please about the pre-order
i am in Egypt and i want to know if i pre-order online will i get a beta invite?

kewickviper

Just pre-ordered mine from GAME. They're sending out keys on the 5th!