Will Fastest Possible Map be in StarCraft 2?

Started by imsorrisuck, March 01, 2010, 09:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolflip

Quote from: PatouPower on March 01, 2010, 11:58:34 PM
Well, I hope it will not be implemented... I started with these kind of maps in SC1 because my friend played it, and I missed on a lot of things early on because of that. I only started playing Lost Temple hardcorly (?) the last 2-3 years and never went back to it...

This map is really killing the real game, taking away most of the strategy. No need any expansion, no need minerals gestion, just rally your guys on the mineral and let them gather. It's like if in the "age of" series you had infinite amount of animals right next to your town center so you can't be raided when gathering food...

Finally, even if it's there, it won't be counted as a real win (unlike in SC1). In SC2, real wins will be from matchmaking and you can't play these maps there if Blizzard don't put it. Of course people will play it in lobbies game, but it will be counted more as Use Map Settings-like game IMHO.

So are you going to complain that DotA should not be allowed, because it doesn't teach you "propper" Sc2 mechanics? The point of a game is to have fun, if this makes some people happy, let them do it, it's not like they are going to force you to play it, and people that do probably wont be in the same league as you, so you wont ever have to play with one of those "fastest map loosers".

claudiu111

its not released yet. how do u know it wont?

Rain[sun]

Doubt blizzard would make it buts its definitely possible. Also I agree on the proper mechanics schpiel, but I mean, comparing it to DoTa is kinda horrible.
Fastest players thought they were so badass and the best players in the world at the game, you'd play them in UMS and they'd make fun of you saying things like "I could kick your ass in melee scrub". Laughs would ensue.

A good example was Phantom, where it was a money map and everyone thought they were so kickass cause they could turtle pro. I loved playin it, its fun, but you aren't better because you can play a modified game lol. You're actually worse for missing out on some of the key components(ever hear the word micro before?)
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

SpoonMan

There will definitely be fastest maps, but without a doubt Blizzard won't allow them to be played in matched games or anything that has any competitive value on b.net.

shadow.usaf

Quote from: coolflip on March 20, 2010, 10:56:49 PM
Quote from: PatouPower on March 01, 2010, 11:58:34 PM
Well, I hope it will not be implemented... I started with these kind of maps in SC1 because my friend played it, and I missed on a lot of things early on because of that. I only started playing Lost Temple hardcorly (?) the last 2-3 years and never went back to it...

This map is really killing the real game, taking away most of the strategy. No need any expansion, no need minerals gestion, just rally your guys on the mineral and let them gather. It's like if in the "age of" series you had infinite amount of animals right next to your town center so you can't be raided when gathering food...

Finally, even if it's there, it won't be counted as a real win (unlike in SC1). In SC2, real wins will be from matchmaking and you can't play these maps there if Blizzard don't put it. Of course people will play it in lobbies game, but it will be counted more as Use Map Settings-like game IMHO.

So are you going to complain that DotA should not be allowed, because it doesn't teach you "propper" Sc2 mechanics? The point of a game is to have fun, if this makes some people happy, let them do it, it's not like they are going to force you to play it, and people that do probably wont be in the same league as you, so you wont ever have to play with one of those "fastest map loosers".
Fastest maps are just another type of starcraft map. Employs a different type of strategy. People like you complain that there isnt any strategy to them but there is. Just totally different then regular ladder maps. If all you play is ladder then quite a few fastest players can kick your ass with stacked cash. Ladder vs fastest on stock map, ladder dude or dudet is goign to kick the fastest ass. Each one has there strats.

Im working on a few maps right now waiting to be able to publish them the first one ive got done is a space 2v2v2v2 micro stacked with minerals minimum distance from nexus.