Units with different weapons

Started by Schrii, May 01, 2010, 01:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schrii

Hey Peoplez :D

I'm having a h*** of a time with the Galaxy Editor's, Data Editor, it's SOOOOO confusing and I barely know where to begin. ???

I started out wanting to make an "Uber-Cruiser", basically an OP Battlecrusier, I've given it shields, health regeneration, ect..... but whilst looking on YouTube, I saw a Battlecrusier using the Motherships Attacks, as well as the Collosus' (Spelt that wrong) attacks. I've looked about in the data editor and found a field named "Weapons" or something like that, so I added the Motherships attack to it, but there is a slight problem......the weapon only fires whilst moving. I also tried adding the Missle Turrets attack to it, but that doesn't work at all.

Can some good soul help a person in need? I need to know how to give a Unit a different Unit's attack, and having it actually WORK (Example: Marines shooting Nukes as default attack)

P.S If im a little vauge, I appologize, tell me and I'll try to post a screenshot of my "Uber-Crusier" data.

Thanks
-Schrii :thumbsup:

(Yes, I know you can already see my username, but I post it anyway)

Supramix

Well personally I think that you should be able to do the desire effect by just modifying effects, weapons and the cruiser.
To make the cruiser shots more than 1 bullet at a time:
1. Create an effect, do right click on the "Effects tab" and select "Add Object", then in "Effect Type" select "Search Area".
2. In the effect you should put something like this:
-Areas+: Double click on it and another window should appear. Create another entry and change the radius to the one your weapon has, and in effect just put "Battlecruiser - ATS Laser Battery (Launch Missile)"
-Minimum Count: The minimum amount of enemys your weapon should atack, if the minimum isn't meet a error pop ups.
-Maximun Count: The maximun amount of enemys your weapon can atack.
-Search Filters: The search filters, be sure to modify this as you want,  the default ones are:
everything is "Allowed" except: Dead "Excluded", Invulnerable "Excluded", Missile "Excluded"(This one could be used to deflect incoming missiles(only the ones that have an unit as a missile)), Visible "Required", and Air and Ground which are the domain of your weapon, be sure to not put on both of them "Excluded" in that case your weapon won't shot.
3. Open your weapons tab and select the battlecruiser one, and select on it "Effect" then double click the right value and put the name of the "Search Area" effect you just created.
That should be all about the cruiser targeting multiple targets.
To create a thing like you said (Missiles, Colossus and Motheship atacks) you should add them all to your unit weapons, but if you put them all to ground or air, or at least two of them to 1 unit your cruiser won't work at all. So you must change their "Target Filters". I recommend you something like follows:
With the Missiles change their "Target Filters" to: Air "Required" and that would be your anti-air weapon
With the colossus atack change it to: Ground "Required", Armored "Excluded" and Mechanical "Excluded".
With the battle crusier atack change the "Search Filters" and the weapon "Target Filter" to: Grounf "Required", Armored "Required" and Mechanical "Excluded"
And finally with the mothership ray change their "Target Filters" to:Ground "Required" and Mechanical "Required".

So now you have a battlecruiser which has 4 atacks, it uses the colosus weap against ground units except mechanical ones and armored ones, it uses the battlecruiser weap against Ground Armored Units, it uses motherships weap against Ground Mechanical units and it uses the missiles weap against all Air units.

Supramix

All Rights and Lefts Reserved.

shadow.usaf

Supramix very informative thanks