Question about how division ranking works.

Started by Amberdilis, May 10, 2010, 10:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amberdilis

Hey guys, just curious about how you move up a division? like say, if I'm silver rank 1 and I win again, does that mean I'm officially gold rank something?

LoneWolf

Nope, it's a bit random. Once you're 1st and get enough wins, you move into a higher league.

epsiSlow

i think its the game stats that are important .. but i dont know how .. for example it happens me twice to move up after losing a match while being 2nd or 3rd in my division ...

soo... :-?
_________
epsiSlowest

LoneWolf

I think noone's really sure right now. You also have to take into account other people's points and the bonus pool, which increases when you don't play, to straighten the difference between those who play very often and those that don't.

Amberdilis

Oh okay, epic. Wow man, I didn't know Blizzard thought of the small details to ranking xD awesome :D

berrykerry789

lol, i dont see how i got into the bronze rank yet...  :'(
think its because im playing on the korean server...  :D
won: 2
lost: 2
quit: 1 <-had to piss really badly suddenly...
anyways, how do i beat terran with protoss... so hard, especially when i played this guy with 300+apm... micros so pro...
Carrier Has Arrived...

Gamewiz

I have no clue how it works. I started in Silver League at like rank 20 or something (due to a stupid disconnect in one of my placement matches), and after two matches and winning both, I suddenly got placed in Gold league.... It was very random. Now I'm rank 4 in Gold, and haven't moved up since.

Artemis_Maximus

Quote from: berrykerry789 on May 11, 2010, 09:04:21 AM
lol, i dont see how i got into the bronze rank yet...  :'(
think its because im playing on the korean server...  :D
won: 2
lost: 2
quit: 1 <-had to piss really badly suddenly...
anyways, how do i beat terran with protoss... so hard, especially when i played this guy with 300+apm... micros so pro...

You got into bronze because you won twice.

Placement matches work like this:

0 or 1 win -- copper
2 wins -- bronze
3 wins -- silver
4 wins -- gold
all 5 wins -- platinum

you start off with 1000 points, so in Gamewiz's division there wasn't a lot of people, so he got into 20th rank
in order to move up a league, you need to have a high ratio or get to 1st place and stay there for a while.

placement was made differently for the beta, because it doesn't have a lot of people. Blizzard made it find people quickly, and not exactly fairly. this will change in the release.

more points are given when you win against someone higher rank than you, and less points are lost if you lose to someone with a better rank than you.

hope this helps!