Starcraft II Beta Ends 5/31

Started by crazian, May 18, 2010, 10:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazian

Official Posts:
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=24915043027&sid=5000

Sorry, but it's most likely true. :(
For whoever just got the beta, hurry and play it, and for whoever planning on buying a beta key or what not, don't do it.

I can already see a big boost in crack version just to play with AI
Platinum League, where you gets pwned

Rokrdude

Quote from: crazian on May 18, 2010, 10:50:04 PM
Official Posts:

For whoever just got the beta, hurry and play it, and for whoever planning on buying a beta key or what not, don't do it.

Its actually the first phase of beta that is ending on may 31st

After couple of weeks blizzard will be launching the final bet version before the actual launch date with major changes to battlenet(probably with sorted regions )

Gamewiz

Quote from: Rokrdude on May 19, 2010, 12:53:25 AM
Quote from: crazian on May 18, 2010, 10:50:04 PM
Official Posts:

Its actually the first phase of beta that is ending on may 31st

After couple of weeks blizzard will be launching the final bet version before the actual launch date with major changes to battlenet(probably with sorted regions )

You are mixing that up. Nowhere did they say after a couple weeks they will be launching phase two. They said at SOME POINT they will launch phase 2 for a couple weeks before launch. Launch is July 27th. That means, at best, Phase 2 will be like an "Open Beta" starting mid July, which is a month and a half away from when Phase 1 Beta ends.

So basically Beta is pretty much over. No point in getting excited for Phase 2, because by then it's practically time to just get the game anyways.

IceCold

:cheers: Hi.  I'm not familiar with the events that occur after the beta closes.  Will Blizzard send out an update that disables playing the game, or maybe like an uninstall file, or do they just shut down their servers and think that is enough to prevent people from playing the beta?

You are right, when the beta period ends, the demand for offline crack and AI will soar! 

Cheers!
:cheers:

Gamewiz

Quote from: IceCold on May 19, 2010, 01:17:04 PM
:cheers: Hi.  I'm not familiar with the events that occur after the beta closes.  Will Blizzard send out an update that disables playing the game, or maybe like an uninstall file, or do they just shut down their servers and think that is enough to prevent people from playing the beta?

You are right, when the beta period ends, the demand for offline crack and AI will soar! 

Cheers!
:cheers:

They will just shutdown bnet. There is no way they can force people to uninstall the product, even though that is technically what you are required to do. So yes, lots of people will be playing hacked AI in that period of time.