DarkBlizz (not-so) INVITATIONAL official thread

Started by Amberdilis, May 28, 2010, 10:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amberdilis

Hey guys! The other thread was getting kinda dirty and it started to make everything feel messy so I thought I'd make another thread. This time, please DO NOT POST if you are not interested in joining or whatever. If you have any inquiries, feel free to PM jyim and me :)

Okay, so since we are running out of time and I simply cannot seem to get my head around this timezone thing, I'm thinking I just make lineups and I leave the rest up to the contestants. Alright, so... Ro8 will be

Redneck vs SupraDoom

dan5187 vs Drunken Pirate

jackal vs Amberdilis (ME! :D )

x1zk0 vs jyim89

Rules are as follows:
1st map will always be Lost Temple
following map to be decided by whoever lost the previous game
May switch races per round but not per set (if you're zerg during Ro8, you must play all your Ro8 games as zerg. you may switch races after advancing to Ro4 and Ro2)
Last but not least, both players must save all replays and send it to either me or jyim89
(I know it's overkill but it's better than thinking the other guy saved the replays and going omgwtfbbq, no one saved it)

Oh and,,, you may play your games anytime, just be sure to save your replays and send it to us. I was thinking me and jyim89 should ref but I'm thinking screw it man, I'm not staying up late just to commentate possibly only 2 games a night xD

So uh... yeah, I think that's it. Oh, and no cheating. If anyone suspects maphack or anything like that, simply inform us and we will look into the matter. If someone is caught cheating then you're officially screwed out of the tournament.

ALSO if anyone else IS interested in joining then please, send me a PM ASAP.

-----important------------

TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS
please play your matches ASAP! Once you're done, send me the replays and tell me who won. DON'T POST RESULTS so as to not spoil it for the community :) I will tell you who you are gonna go up against K?!
I'd like to have the results as soon as possible so we can finish this tourney quickly so please please do.. pm each other and kick butt ASAP :)

Amberdilis

bump, please post something here  stating that you pmed your opponent and that you're on for a gme or something just so I know everything is going smoothly :)

@x1zk0 that's nice man keep at it. I know I should reply at the other DBinvitational post but im kinda lazy atm.. 1AM MAN XD NIGHT everyone. I'm hoping I get at least 2 matches done by tomorrow :)

OH and update, Miguelgalit and pansit are in. I contacted them through facebook since Miguel was the 9th person to join  so I needed one more person to join and pansit said he'd do it so technically, we're all round of 10 right now :)

jyim89

ok so I guess I gotta start paying more attention to these threads now xD.  I wish there was an auto email feature that emails me updates about threads im watching. =/

Anyways,  Amberdilis I have no experience in commenting on sc2 games. lol  Although I wouldn't mind trying it out, I don't know where to get a good version of fraps I can use.  The one I have only records for 30 seconds. T_T

Myst

miguelgalit

Quote from: jyim89 on May 28, 2010, 01:55:33 PM
ok so I guess I gotta start paying more attention to these threads now xD.  I wish there was an auto email feature that emails me updates about threads im watching. =/

Anyways,  Amberdilis I have no experience in commenting on sc2 games. lol  Although I wouldn't mind trying it out, I don't know where to get a good version of fraps I can use.  The one I have only records for 30 seconds. T_T

Hey... try to torrent fraps... or try to download it on youtube   O:)
I dont like microing. Hahahaha

jyim89

Quote from: Myst on May 28, 2010, 02:51:17 PM
Click on Notify

ah thanks. Didn't even see that.

Well i have the basic livestream page setup. DarkBlizz (not-so) INVITATIONAL - live streaming video powered by Livestream
i dont really now wat to do with that though lol.

DrunkenPirate

hm...how do i play dan5187. i don't know his e-mail  ???

Mine is MrBallsWiggle64@yahoo.com btw

Scratch That! Found his e-mail in another thread. My bad
Pirate 4 Life

Amberdilis

Actaully, I meant just send him a PM on DarkBlizz. Just click on his name and click Send PM

@jyim, errr sorry man, I kinda messed up xD I don't think we should do it over livestream anymore because of timezone-ish difficulties. And, leave the fraps to me ;)

miguelgalit

Oh yeah! thanks to Amberdilis! I am now a member of the tourney  :cheers:

I dont like microing. Hahahaha

pansit99

Yeah nice work amberdilis!  :thumbsup: :cheers: :thumbsup: .. put please don't forget ur schooling ok?.. LOL

jackal

I can be found on Darkblizz IRC channel.

My time zone is GMT+1. (EU, I also have US acc.)
gl hf

edit:
atm - 9:08 am

Amberdilis

----UPDATE----

BETA EXTENDED TO JUNE 7 YEAHHHHHH :D  MORE TIME FOR THE TOURNEY!!

okay, so anyway, my fair share of updating, I already sent a PM, I'm just awating confirmation

GUYS, I just had a brain fart, it'd be easier to conduct these if you could all just reply with the time where you're from at the moment you reply and the time that it is on at the very top right under home and forum

so for example,

It's currently 8:31PM on my clock but darkblizz says the time is 7:30AM :)  so we can all use darkblizz as the standard time. this is just a suggestion though, because in the end, it's all up to you guys to decide what time you play your matches.

Oh and...

@JACKAL
Dude, I sent you a PM, the way I see it, it's currently 2:30PM where you're at so are you free now? Because if you are, we could do our 3 games (or 2 if you totally own  :'( :'( ) in the next few hours! :)

SupraDoom

SupraDoom

dan5187

best time to catch me this next few weeks will be 9pm-2am CST.  Working long days...  :-[

i can play anytime in next few hours its saturday night.  you can reach me on aim:muse5187