Getting nervous between matches?

Started by Amberdilis, May 30, 2010, 08:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amberdilis

Hey guys, I recently realized how NERVOUS I get between matches it's like that ONOEZ wtf wtf.... feeling. but I end up having fun when I'm actually playing the game. Just wanted to know if anyone else got this feeling or I'm just crazy xD

If anyone else did then, anything you guys did to get over it?

CraniX

I am also experiencing this, I feel sick before a game starts, also during the game. I start shaking like I am about to actually fight someone physically. It feels like so much adrenealine is being pumped out of my adrenal glad!!!

Starcraft 2 Hacking Development
http://hackdev.easyforum.ru

Amberdilis

Yay, I'm not crazy... But I don't feel any adrenaline when I'm about to fight someone :(

dan5187

I don't get that in sc2. But I used to get uber nervous in clans wars on sc1.  It's pretty bad for your play, I know I always had stupid  mistakes whilst nervous.  I think you should take a 3-5min breather if you're getting nervous.  Do you get nervous vs random people?

Amberdilis

Yes, random people but against people I know, I don't. I just get that with RTS's :(

apriores

Same thing. With my friends I'm not too nervous but in random I get hardly enough. When patch 13 came out and they reset accounts, I had a freeze screen and I lost a win game and got ranked one level below my current skill and I saw that when I played on a low level, I was more relaxed than in a real competitive matches and, when you're relaxed, you play much better. :D
Now I'm promoted and all that emotions are back, but I hope that some more of play experience can diminish it.

badasswolf

me too ..  ;D since im no good at sc im afraid they will pawn me at the start ..  :)

SupraDoom

I get nervous sometimes. This game takes so much out of you mentally that it can be draining at times. Some of my friends avoid it for this very reason. They don't like the idea of putting 30 minutes of thinking and reacting on the line just to lose.

Amberdilis

Yay, I'm not crazy xD

Seriously though, I don't know why but it's just gets really intimidating sometimes yeah?

@apriores
I got my ass handed to me the moment I entered platinum. I got soooooooooooooooooo much more nervous after that xD