Blizzard is allowing the full client to be downloaded before release!

Started by Espionage724, July 15, 2010, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkrei9n

Quote from: 7H3LaughingMan on July 19, 2010, 02:29:43 PM
Quote from: darkrei9n on July 19, 2010, 02:04:22 PM
This is where the authentication key is checked, if anyone can do anything with this.

cé

; int __stdcall sub_4447E0(HINSTANCE hInstance, HWND hWndParent, int, char, int, int)
sub_4447E0 proc near

hInstance= dword ptr  4
hWndParent= dword ptr  8
arg_8= dword ptr  0Ch
arg_C= byte ptr  10h
arg_10= dword ptr  14h
arg_14= dword ptr  18h

mov     eax, [esp+arg_8]
mov     edx, [esp+arg_10]
push    ebx
mov     [ecx], eax
mov     al, [esp+4+arg_C]
xor     ebx, ebx
push    ebx             ; dwInitParam
mov     [ecx+26h], al
mov     eax, [esp+8+hWndParent]
push    offset sub_4440A0 ; lpDialogFunc
mov     [ecx+4], edx
mov     edx, [esp+0Ch+arg_14]
push    eax             ; hWndParent
mov     [ecx+24h], bl
mov     [ecx+25h], bl
mov     [ecx+28h], edx
mov     ecx, [esp+10h+hInstance]
push    87h             ; lpTemplateName
push    ecx             ; hInstance
call    ds:DialogBoxParamW
cmp     eax, 1
mov     al, 1
jz      short loc_444828

There is nothing to do here, if the authentication code is a valid format then it moves on and tries to decrypt the files using it. There is only 1 valid code that will decrypt the files, it is only stored on the blizzard servers.

When you provide me proof is when I will listen to people like you. All you have to back you up are your claims.

TehHawk

Quote from: Cybertox on July 19, 2010, 02:18:11 PM
I want to play this game so badly.It is horrible thinking that Vernam is now playing the game and wont share his crack.
Im sorry that i dont understood about the protection next time will read  carefully.

don't worry, he ain't playing it. Why do you think he won't release anything up to the release date? easy: he lacks the authentification key which blizzard sends to your computer once you try to install the game. (The authentification key is needed for the install, you can't bypass the protection without it).

The MPQE decryption is vital if you want to install the game, without it those files are nothing but incoherent data which has no direct relation to the real game data.

Now since we don't have the key, we must deduce it. Think of it like when you try to open a locker and you don't have the correct combination, you just go trying all possible combinations.

The same happens in this case, just that we have 2^256 combinations, the big problem is that a computer may at best try 1000000 combinations per second (I may be exagerating here, it may be way way less; haven't read Salsa20's algorithm yet) in other words in our best case we will be able to deduce 1 million combinations per second. Yet, we have 2^256 combinations, that means it takes 2^256/1000000 seconds to try all combinations, and that would be aprox 2^236 seconds which would be 2^224 hours pretty much. As you see, that's a lot of time, we may actually die before the computer could deduce the god damm key.

If you don't believe me and still think that everything is so easilly cracked, look for a .rar unlocking tool, you'll notice that all it will do is try all the possible passwords until it finds one.

obliviron

Quote from: TehHawk on July 19, 2010, 02:47:10 PM
Quote from: Cybertox on July 19, 2010, 02:18:11 PM
I want to play this game so badly.It is horrible thinking that Vernam is now playing the game and wont share his crack.
Im sorry that i dont understood about the protection next time will read  carefully.

don't worry, he ain't playing it. Why do you think he won't release anything up to the release date? easy: he lacks the authentification key which blizzard sends to your computer once you try to install the game. (The authentification key is needed for the install, you can't bypass the protection without it).

The MPQE decryption is vital if you want to install the game, without it those files are nothing but incoherent data which has no direct relation to the real game data.

Now since we don't have the key, we must deduce it. Think of it like when you try to open a locker and you don't have the correct combination, you just go trying all possible combinations.

The same happens in this case, just that we have 2^256 combinations, the big problem is that a computer may at best try 1000000 combinations per second (I may be exagerating here, it may be way way less; haven't read Salsa20's algorithm yet) in other words in our best case we will be able to deduce 1 million combinations per second. Yet, we have 2^256 combinations, that means it takes 2^256/1000000 seconds to try all combinations, and that would be aprox 2^236 seconds which would be 2^224 hours pretty much. As you see, that's a lot of time, we may actually die before the computer could deduce the god damm key.

If you don't believe me and still think that everything is so easilly cracked, look for a .rar unlocking tool, you'll notice that all it will do is try all the possible passwords until it finds one.

Exactly - and Blizzard will release the above key when the game launches. They probably released it 2 weeks earlier just to fuck with the people who think they can crack it.

Cybertox

So you are not going to be able to crack it before 27.
That really sucks!
Why there is just no other way!!!
Well sadly im going to wait till the 27.
Hope it will be not hard to crack the game after blizzard lets you install the game.
I think the serial number will be checked via battle.net and if you are offline you will be not able to play.

Blackcode

GUYS i had enough Vernam not Vernam... script kiddies or not.... we do not have any solution... if the encryption algoritm is salsa20 can't be broken. The only solution i have in my head is to launch a shared atack against this key.
A lot of computers to run a plain text atack against this key but we do not have technical knowledge to achive it
Anyway it is the only method i can think of to break this.

Nice of ya Doix for explaining Vernam who he really is... I think he has problems of alter ego. He thinks is somekind of programming God wich is not obviously. HE is just a SCAMMER and that's all.

Good luck everyone i think i'll quit here.

Cybertox

Its impossible to crack the installer before the 27th.
Everybody who was trying to crack it are giving up.
What can be worster, Vernam is a blizzard employ and he motivated us cracking this shit?

uRstupid

and others had ENOUGH with YOU all smart Asses! :ticked: :ticked: :ticked:

trying to a lower the only one still helping us play the game and stay active why you the genius are too busy to help and provide support!

Doix is a moron thinking can judge people from an msn half a year a go, and Blackcode is also very arrogant and rushes to results when he forgets that Vernam even he admited came a little late in this Beta crack "game" to help out, he found faults in your exploits Blackcode and he even go further by providing more info on the location system and decals etc by updating your posts, but always with a character and respect to others, never attacked or called names to everyone for making mistakes, he is always gentle and just because he got so much attention and supports globally, and not you over the last months (not now) you are trying now (bases on his word that cracking the installer is possible) to low down his entire character knowledge and past months work!
if what he does so damn easy to you why the hell he was asked to join sc team and help them out to spread the sc ai with his launcher, why the hell didnt you do it better that him your selves? you know why?! BECAUSE YOU CANT! (from laziness or luck of knowledge doesnt matter you cant).-

SO for God's name Please ZIP IT!

because he was in the center of the galaxy and not you?! he made a project as he said for him self and then learn more about the beta and improved it, and now all the sudden YOU few morons know him and calling him scam and low programmer? ???

you are all so full of shit trying to prove he is everywhere wrong and mistaken(when what ever tips he found and provided was true!),  BUT on the other hand if you see a screenshot you are ALL willing to believe it is possible and he is again a good programmer? ??? ??

isnt this something a hard core super wow programmer like (as you claim) your self will so easily accept with a simple screenshot? suddenly encryption can cracked and workarounds are possible?

and its not only about vernam! forget the poor guy. there are some few other like darkReign individuals that are trying to see whats going on and you are shiting them in their face as well!

you dont belive some one? cool, same it nice!
"like i have serious dought thi is possible because this and that"
not like
"i know him through msn and irc he is a low level, i am better and i need your approval."

do you know the Asian site are laughing at as for fighting among each other? do you?

smart or not, been rude and rushing to assumptions characterizes you WEAK and real life failures!

goodbye "gentlemen" and be careful on the way out the Exit door,could be proven small for your Egos!

Blackcode

Quote from: uRstupid on July 19, 2010, 04:15:49 PM

goodbye "gentlemen" and be careful on the way out the Exit door,could be proven small for your Egos!

just look at this vernam motherfucker ... he creates new 0 posts users to support himself omfg... same long shitty no points letters.... dude get a fucking life.. ur useless as ur programing skills are....

Summary - uRstupid
    Date Registered:   Today at 03:42:42 PM  Last Active:   Today at 04:16:56 PM

uRstupid

Quote from: Blackcode on July 19, 2010, 04:37:17 PM
Quote from: uRstupid on July 19, 2010, 04:15:49 PM

just look at this vernam motherfucker ... he creates new 0 posts users to support himself omfg... same long shitty no points letters.... dude get a fucking life.. ur useless as ur programing skills are....

Summary - uRstupid
    Date Registered:   Today at 03:42:42 PM  Last Active:   Today at 04:16:56 PM

hey monkey some of your supporters here have also 1 posts as well! :P
it doest mean we are doing what you ARE! making new users just for trolling like you!
if its posts that Count then your 121 and doix 5 compared to Vs 300+ here and 1500+ nibbits means you are the useless one! lmao

based on your theory always! LOL

i came from and other site to say my own thought wheter you like it or not!
and i am done with that, i am not gona start chat with you or your "friends". you are not my type!

Myst

Locked. 
For organizational purposes and less chances of a long messy/flamey thread, please post all SC2 research discussion in the proper places.
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/starcraft-ii-beta/  -

thx-a-bunch

~Myst