Blizzard is allowing the full client to be downloaded before release!

Started by Espionage724, July 15, 2010, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomsons26

Dont know if this helps its using crypt32.dll windows component

darkrei9n

After using IDA Pro to look through the second installer I've noticed completely random strings of 64 bits, might have something to do with the key or encryption.

2g4u

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

tomsons26

The main thing is to make an app that can decrypt MPQE files or wait until 27  (10 days :( )
i have an idea about the in game crk if there's such needed

Milenium

the video is fake , that is the beta installer and 7 gb of archived software doesn't install in 2 minutes

the pics are from the ui 1 mpq

Switcha

check out 00:18, lol. 7GB doesn't install that fast, its the beta installer.

darkrei9n

I can also confirm its the beta installer. Beta installer is teal where the retail installer is blue.

darkrei9n

.rdata:006569E0 ; char aCryptacquireco[]
.rdata:006569E0 aCryptacquireco db 'CryptAcquireContextA',0 ; DATA XREF: sub_547590+7o
.rdata:006569F5                 align 4
.rdata:006569F8 ; char aCryptcreatehas[]
.rdata:006569F8 aCryptcreatehas db 'CryptCreateHash',0  ; DATA XREF: sub_547590:loc_5475A9o
.rdata:00656A08 ; char aCryptdestroyha[]
.rdata:00656A08 aCryptdestroyha db 'CryptDestroyHash',0 ; DATA XREF: sub_547590+28o
.rdata:00656A19                 align 4
.rdata:00656A1C ; char aCryptdestroyke[]
.rdata:00656A1C aCryptdestroyke db 'CryptDestroyKey',0  ; DATA XREF: sub_547590+37o
.rdata:00656A2C ; char aCrypthashdata[]
.rdata:00656A2C aCrypthashdata  db 'CryptHashData',0    ; DATA XREF: sub_547590+46o
.rdata:00656A3A                 align 4
.rdata:00656A3C ; char aCryptimportkey[]
.rdata:00656A3C aCryptimportkey db 'CryptImportKey',0   ; DATA XREF: sub_547590+55o
.rdata:00656A4B                 align 4
.rdata:00656A4C ; char aCryptreleaseco[]
.rdata:00656A4C aCryptreleaseco db 'CryptReleaseContext',0 ; DATA XREF: sub_547590+64o
.rdata:00656A60 ; char aCryptsignhasha[]
.rdata:00656A60 aCryptsignhasha db 'CryptSignHashA',0   ; DATA XREF: sub_547590+73o
.rdata:00656A6F                 align 10h
.rdata:00656A70 ; char aCryptverifysig[]

Looks to me like the key to decrypt is clientside.

HolyPants

Quote from: 2g4u on July 17, 2010, 02:27:42 PM
Btw all of those are fakes, aren't they ?

And this video: Starcraft 2 digital download cracked? are all fake :(

If by fake you mean simply edited .xml files and possible other simple changes to the installer that don't actually get anywhere, yes.

And the video isn't even the same installer.

knightwolf20024

another reason why i cant see this being hacked untill the 27th apparently it needs to download another installer to open the mpqe files  this is only an xml edit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Glorm

Ahh, been trying for almost 3 full days now to get this to work, Just had to try after I saw it was possible. Been stuck on the temp installer. Just can't figure out what I should be looking for in there.

But well, maybe that's my limit, never done anything likes this before, was interesting to see how far I would get.
Going to watch this topic and see if I can get any further. I Think my main problem is I don't know how to operate the hex editor, it is not that simple learn and I'm not sure if this is possible without it.

Bit random message but just had to leave a mark, hoping for some assistance if there is any chance that I would make it. :S

HolyPants

Quote from: Glorm on July 17, 2010, 08:59:25 PM
Ahh, been trying for almost 3 full days now to get this to work, Just had to try after I saw it was possible. Been stuck on the temp installer. Just can't figure out what I should be looking for in there.

But well, maybe that's my limit, never done anything likes this before, was interesting to see how far I would get.
Going to watch this topic and see if I can get any further. I Think my main problem is I don't know how to operate the hex editor, it is not that simple learn and I'm not sure if this is possible without it.

Bit random message but just had to leave a mark, hoping for some assistance if there is any chance that I would make it. :S

Well first of all people are trying to get around the authentication when that is not really the issue.  The installer can't even open the .MPQE files.  The focus should be on figuring out how to open those, which would allow people to make a regular .MPQ file with the same data and successfully install, and you would at least be able to see the unavailable assets and other data.

Nobody has actually installed the client, and nobody has even tried to Photoshop something up "proving" that they had.

bm-test

Auth key is needed only for install, anyone figured out how to make the installer to accept any code? I'm faraid it needs hex editing, I've been trying with decompiler/debugger with no luck (I'm not a programer)