[request] Authentication Applier for Offline Play

Started by Kernel64, August 01, 2010, 01:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kernel64

A lot of people are having problems with playing in offline mode, and these are people who have a valid sc2 license. Always connected doesn't really work for everyone, which we all could agree on.

Without the skills to code this kind of stuff, I am looking forward to finding a tool that makes offline play available.

As far as I know, these are the stuff that gets the "you must authenticate your copy" error:

1. Offline mode using a valid account -- a valid account stores campaign data in one's own pc, and offline mode supposedly allows players to continue their SP experience even without connection.

2. Offline editor -- running the editor requires some kind of authentication just as the above.

3. Offline Test Document -- in the editor, you can test your work, which loads SC2 with your map from the editor. The problem circles back to #1, but with a different error.

The real issue is simple at face value: some sort of module is downloaded from the servers which supposedly authenticates your copy and allow you to play offline (without connection) either using your account name or the 3 guest options in guest mode for 30 days. However, something goes wrong. Somehow this module is no longer existent even by just getting disconnected while playing a game.

Anyway, I'm pretty confident you guys can figure this out. This request would eventually, if possible, help people who need them.

Thanks in advance, and I hope you guys would consider this request.

Again, thank you.