SC2 Lan Crack where / when/ how long

Started by Macarena, August 05, 2010, 04:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macarena

Hi

I have no idea where to find the SC2 Lan Crack so just thought I would ask for some help/hint/google words to type for a tool or whatever.

If there is no Lan crack yet then any comments on that because I am going nuts looking for one. :'(
Game Over Man.. Game Over

MeanMarine

Blizzard announced there won't be any LAN for starcraft II.not yet anyway.
maybe after all three games are released...

Macarena

That's to bad I was hoping for some insight on if there is or will be a LAN crack for SC2.
I have 3 kids meaning 3x90=270 for an RTS game, they will hardly play, considering the incredible FPS games available now.
My point of view is the graphics are not worth that price, Hype and all, I just don't think it is a Great game compared to other recent RTS games out there, or the Original Starcraft which I played and which came out at a time when its Graphics were cutting edge and New. They should consider a different pricing strategy, many online games are free for the beginners.
Game Over Man.. Game Over

kblood

Here in Denmark the price is seen all the way down to $35, and the graphics are very detailed. Im not sure what games you are comparing to, but it must be the way the graphics are you do not like, because when it comes down to details and effects, other games do not really keep up. Dawn of War 2 is probably the only game coming close, but I have not seen its destroyed units sliding down hills in pieces after being blown up.

I cannot compare it to C&C4, since I that game just does not have what I am looking for in an RTS, which is sad, considering C&C3 made me really like that series for the first time. But SC2 has both a good solid single player campaign and the custom map editor has already made it so much more. 2D platformers, space invaders, pac man, Snake, top down space shooters, zombie survival, tower defenses.
But if the graphics and price are the only two factors for you, I would recommend the old C&C games, they are free if I remember correctly, and quite okayish. At least the price is, the graphics are of course dated. Otherwise the first Dawn of War, there are some cheap anthology packages, and I still find the graphics in that game good.

blyind420

There was a mod for wc3 that turned it into SC2, you could try that although not exactly like sc2 it would be cheaper since WC3 has lan capabilities.I forget the name of it tho or if it is even still around anywhere.
www.KnockoutIncense.com
Top Quality, Great Prices!