Game Announcer

Started by Seizure, September 05, 2010, 12:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seizure

This is about the game announcer bot.
I have it running and everything good in channel.
How do you add games for that the bot will list them in your channel?

I tried @Track Game

I did that for alot of games, does that track the specific words after the word "game" or what?
what am I doing wrong?

Myst

To track any game names:
?Track game gamenamehere

To track any map:
?track map MapNameHere

To track any host:
?track host HostNameHere

and yes it tracks what ever is after game,map,or host. ?track game "tracks anything here"

Only supports UMS games so far also fyi

Seizure

Quote from: Myst on September 05, 2010, 12:48:46 PM
To track any game names:
?Track game gamenamehere

To track any map:
?track map MapNameHere

To track any host:
?track host HostNameHere

I did this.
Question. Will you set it up to track a gamename, does  that gamename have to be exactly to what you set it up to be? for it to be posted in your channel

Myst

the filtered word should be contained within the gamename for it to be picked up.

So for example if the game name is "Poker D NO MUTA!!"

and you filter "muta" ?track game muta

that game will get picked up

the more words you try to filter in one doing, the more specific the filter may get and you may not pick up games.
i.e like ?track game Poker Defense

Will not pick up that above game, since it's exactly looking for "Poker Defense" in the game name. 

A viable more accurate filter for filtering poker defense maps for example is either ?track game poker or ?track map poker.

When it comes to tracking game names you want to think of general words most people use when creating games.  Unlike maps, which you can filter more specific for a specific map. i.e, ?track map bald locks instead of ?track map sniper , because "bald locks" will track the specific sniper ctf map rather than a generic sniper rpg or something map.

Seizure

Okay thank you. got it solved, and thanks for the fast reply.

1 more thing, when it announces a game, its popping up twice. anyway to change that?

Myst

lower the time filters.  I usually filter games created withing the last 11 secs. so:

?timefilter 11

Seizure

Quote from: Myst on September 05, 2010, 01:03:06 PM
lower the time filters.  I usually filter games created withing the last 11 secs. so:

?timefilter 11

Thank You Sir.